6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van

Thought I would share my 01 to 06 conversion on my EX.

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 12:01 AM
ROBBINthaHOOD
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thought I would share my 01 to 06 conversion on my EX.

Here is a more thorough write-up/pic post of our conversion from a 2001 front end to a 2006 front end. Some of this is reposted from my previous thread but wanted to have it all in one so here it is. A few details for those who missed my first post on the subject. We purchased our 01 on June 1st and on June 29th my wife turned in front of a 2011 Chevy Z71. Insurance ended up totaling out our Ex so I bought it back from there for roughly $1800 bucks and decided to do a front end upgrade. We did not have any frame damage, had the front end realigned because the front wheel was turned and took most the impact knocking the tire off the rim. Drivers fender, headlight and parklight, hood and bumper plus the headerpanel on the corner were all damaged. I ended up buying a pair of Harley headlights by Eagle Eyes for about 150 bucks on ebay. Scored the hood and latches, cowl, fender including inner fender liner, complete bumper assembly with brackets, fogs and upper pad and lower valance for 500 bucks. Also purchased a new header panel for 75 and got the 05 style grille for 50 bucks. Grand total for parts came to $775 bucks. Carried the hood, fender with trim and upper bumper pad to be painted which came to $905. That brought the total to $1680 bucks and me and my dad done all the replacing of the parts plus straightening what we could of the under body panel metal like the inner fender panel that the fender bolts to plus the metal that the front of the fender and header panel mounts to, believe it is considered part of the radiator support bracket if you were to purchase the whole front piece. I had purchased the inner fender part which included that front part of the radiator support for 100 but didnt use it so that was refunded. Someone had posted on another thread regarding updating the front ends that on some models that some of the bumper brackets wont line up, that wasnt the case with mine as it all fit like a glove. We did encounter a couple places where the fender mounts to the inner fender that was bent enough that some of the mounting holes wouldnt line up but we made new locating holes and secured with 1/4" stainless rivets, oh yeah add almost 100 for the rivet gun and rivets. I believe we ended up using about a dozen rivets just for extra support and piece of mind. Im not going to spend any time between pics explaining whats going on as there wasnt any fabricating going on, just removing the old stuff and putting new. Alot of people modify the existing header panel but I had to buy a new one anyway so I went with the 05 which bolts up fine and no modifying anything else for fitment. While I was buying parts at the salvage yard the truck I raided had chrome tow hooks and picked them up for 20 bucks for the pair, not bad IMO. Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics.

<table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_1" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_2" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_3" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_4" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_5" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_6" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_7" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_8" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_9" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_10" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_11" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_12" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_13" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_14" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_15" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_16" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_17" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_18" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_19" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_20" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_21" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_22" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_23" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_24" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table><table id="ncode_imageresizer_warning_25" class="ncode_imageresizer_warning" width="400"><tbody><tr><td class="td1" width="20"></td><td class="td2">Click this bar to view the full image.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 08-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Bullitt390
Certified Thread Hijacker

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Looks good, but OMG your stuff is hard to read. Paragraphs and shorter sentences bro!

Josh

Old 08-19-2012, 12:28 AM
ROBBINthaHOOD
Elder User
I frequently skipped English class..lol.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:34 AM
amdriven2liv
I'm hitting easy street

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by htcman74
I frequently skipped English class..lol.
Doesn't look like you missed photography!

Looks great, nicely done.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:36 AM
berick
Elder User
Good job! Good to know you will make some $$$ if you go to sell as well!

Old 08-19-2012, 10:38 PM
ROBBINthaHOOD
Elder User
I dont think I would ever sell it. Maybe buy a 2nd one but this ones a keeper.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Rusty Axlerod
Lead Driver
Received 131 Likes on 78 Posts
Looks great. In the first pic the license plate looks crooked. I was thinking "dang, all that work and the plates crooked?" glad to see in the last shot it looks right. Good job man! I know I would be proud. Has your wife figured out she helped you make some $$$? Lol

Old 08-20-2012, 07:17 PM
cheezit
Post Fiend

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
you missing the flare molding for the bumper but it looks good.