Freighting to Australia

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 03:12 PM
wallsy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freighting to Australia

Guys,
Do any of you have the direct contact details for the people who are USAtoAUS, Simon in particular as I know you are using them right now. Can you let me know please, as I am looking at getting a set of rims freighted over if I can get the postage cheap enough.

Old 08-19-2012, 03:02 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Just have em freighted direct to there Battle ground address. When they are on route sign up on there website and follow the freight section prompts. Email them a copy of ya invoice and you are half way there. I will PM you Indy's phone # who is in Brisbane. I have a set on there way as we speak.

Better still read post #4
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...om-the-us.html

Old 08-19-2012, 03:35 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Which ones you get bwian...

Old 08-19-2012, 06:06 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

Old 08-20-2012, 04:31 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
My exhaust has arrived in Sydney, should be ready for pick-up mid week.
Have to arrange a courier to bring it down to Canberra.

GST was payable on the cost of the exhaust system + shipping. So that ended up being $53 extra.

Wallsy, you'll want your rims still boxed. USAtoAUS charge is $35 per rim, so that will be $140, + the GST on the (invoiced cost of your rims + freight) + $50 for Port of Melbourne.
USAtoAUS is only a small operation, it can take up to a month to fill up a container, then 6 to 8 weeks for the container to arrive.

Looking back at my receipt, I bought the exhaust from Clay at the start of April, it got trucked to Battle Ground, which is in the next state, within the week and it's taken the rest of the time to get here. Having said that, when it comes time to buying off-road rims and tyres I'll be using the USAtoAUS service again. I can get 16x8" rims with Nitto Trail Grappler 285/70 load E tyres, fitted & balanced with wheel centre caps and lug nuts delivered to Battle Gound for less that $1k! USAtoAUS charge Wheel+tyre is $45, so times 4 + GST = $1300 which is basically what you'd pay for just a set of 4 BFG's here.
It still makes good 'cents' if you can plan your purchases that far in advance and have a bit of faith in the US retailer (easy with Clay )

Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 AM
wallsy
Senior User
Guys,
Had some issues getting on their web site on sunday. I rang Indy today and ran through it with her. I have booked the rims inand am waiting for her to email me back with confimation. I have tried to email her later the his afternoon, but the email keep bouncing back. I will ring her in the morning to confirm everything before getting them freighted to the us depot. Thanks for the contact brian. Very helpful.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:42 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Have emailed twice today no bounces - probably just a local problem which should sort itself out. You got the Battle Ground WA address to dispatch your rims to? As long as they're on their way, either by truck or ship, you have got plenty of time to sort out any comms glitches!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:22 AM
aussie_f350
Senior User

If it doesn't work out for you pm me, I got a container leaving very soon to Melbourne, might be able to help

Old 08-21-2012, 06:35 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
A good way to do it is to declare part of the container as another shipment. You're allowed to have lots of shipments in one container, or one shipment in lots of containers or part containers.
The idea is that if you put in your own import declaration for just your items in someone else's container: they DON'T have to pay any duties/taxes on your stuff (cause it your stuff not theirs), and 2) if your declaration is for goods which is less than $1000 you don't have to pay GST.

USAtoAUS didn't offer the seperate declaration thing, I guess most of the shipments they bring in for people are usually over $1000 so there's no point doing the LCL (Less than a Container Load) Import Decs for their customers.

BTW Wallsy, those 20" wheels that you're getting are pretty RAD! The link shows -24 offset! That's going to increase your track by nearly 2". My truck has 20x9's at -12 offset and it just slipped under the ACT rego limit of +1" track increase. You better check the Vic regs if you're set of -24 offset. Personally I wouldn't go beyond -12 for 9" width rims.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:20 AM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

they are my tyres bro. and track-smack I will put that on the list with all the other non standard additions to my truck

Old 08-22-2012, 05:24 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
I thought you were going for 18" rims! Or are these your 'street rod rims'?

Organised a courier today - Craig's Couriers from Bowral, $40 for pick up at Botany and delivery to Canberra, 34kg box 122x43x40. Great deal I reckon. Will use them again when I do wheels.

My 4" turbo back exhaust will be causing some headaches in an exhaust shop next week

Old 08-22-2012, 05:48 AM
wallsy
Senior User
Well, I decided to air freight my rims over. To ship was going to be pretty much $200 including taxes and insurance, and to fly was $338. There was only a difference of $128 between shipping and air freight. Thanks for all the info everybody and I just my use them when I need something large and heavy.

Old 08-22-2012, 07:36 AM
SSSimon
Posting Guru
Good result Wallsy!
Must be light rims! Probably only half the weight of a 4" exhaust system - 34kgs.
Cheapest air I could find for the exhaust was about $700, so $243 delivered to my door was a deal worth waiting for. It was a loong wait though.. I would have happily paid $128 more to get it in a week!

My next shipment will be 4 wheels with tyres fitted, nuts & caps. Cause of the tyre weight I'm guessing that sadly any reasonable air freight will be out.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
20" the go solid black against the grey,should look pretty tough..

What size tyre's 35's ?
Neighbour just had a set of maxxis bighorns put on his cruiser,he loves them,reckons they make fark all noise on the bitchy,there agresive looking tyre,im surprised there not noisy,might have to go for a ride in the cruiser..
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/LT3...=MXXTL00032100

Old 08-22-2012, 06:10 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by wallsy
Well, I decided to air freight my rims over. To ship was going to be pretty much $200 including taxes and insurance, and to fly was $338. There was only a difference of $128 between shipping and air freight. Thanks for all the info everybody and I just my use them when I need something large and heavy.
That is pretty good. Out of curiosity, what service did you use for air freight?

Quick Reply: Freighting to Australia