Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2012, 02:11 PM
Freshman User

jazzydog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Old skool engine reconditioners ?

While I had the generator off i also removed the fan and cleaned up the area on the engine which was caked in crud,,, I discovered this tag rivetted to the block, does anyone recognise the company? are they still going? Click the image to open in full size.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Postmaster

CharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to allCharlieLed is a name known to all
Looks like the name could be "Barnsey & Whitier" of "Greeley, Colo". Not much chance that they are still in business, there were many "authorized" rebuilders back in the day. I think that you would almost have to be a local of Greeley, Colorado to have any chance at all of knowing the history os this particular company.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:38 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
On a farm truck from Greeley, that isn't likely entirely "mud"... lots of feedlots around there! Taste it and see!

To the left side of the tag, there should be stamped letters telling you what oversize the pistons are, and what undersize the mains and rods are. They will most likely be letters, corresponding to the suffix on the basic part number. For instance, "A" is Std, "C" is +.020" on pistons. If we knew what year and which engine it would help, I'm assuming since the tag says R and 8BA that it's a flat V8.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Freshman User

jazzydog is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks charlie, yeah, the truck came from NW Kansas bordering Colorado so that ties in, Albuq, yes its a 1951 truck, V8. I have refitted the fan now, i never saw any other stamps, on the block near the tag, but i guess it would be useful to know the sizes in case i need to have work done on the engine
Old 08-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Old guy with old toys

raytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to beholdraytasch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzydog View Post
Thanks charlie, yeah, the truck came from NW Kansas bordering Colorado so that ties in, Albuq, yes its a 1951 truck, V8. I have refitted the fan now, i never saw any other stamps, on the block near the tag, but i guess it would be useful to know the sizes in case i need to have work done on the engine
Don't trust a rebuild tag to order parts as work could have been done one or more times since that rebuild tag was installed.

Every town of any size had at least one engine rebuild shop that would rebuild engines and install such tags. My guess there were thousands. The prize would be "Authorized Ford Rebuilt"
Old 08-18-2012, 07:50 PM
postin' fool

ALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud ofALBUQ F-1 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by raytasch View Post
.... The prize would be "Authorized Ford Rebuilt"
His tag says that (well, "Ford Authorized Reconditioner")! I'm surprised Greeley had an authorized rebuilder because Denver is less than an hour away. Could be because of all the farm equipment around Greeley. Then again, it could just be hype.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:50 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks