6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 04:01 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,024 Likes on 2,203 Posts
Old 06-27-2015, 04:07 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,024 Likes on 2,203 Posts

Even though I drive a Ford, this is still funny!

Old 06-27-2015, 04:26 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Funny stuff Andre - even if one of them was at our expense!

Carl, hopefully the flights are better than the airports. I've been in and out of Atlanta numerous times over the years, since I grew up there. I actually liked Orlando airport somewhat, but I can see where trying to sleep there would suck.

Roy, have a safe drive to Seward. Catch some giant halibut while there!

Tim Young, it sounds like the weather there may actually be worse than it is here - unless you are giving the "feels like" temps. I have outside chores that I need to do and have decided that they will wait for much later this evening, or early tomorrow, when it is cooler.

Friday jokes - a day late:

May the Schwartz be with You

A mortician was working late one night.

He examined the body of Mr. Schwartz, who was about to be cremated, and made a startling discovery. Schwartz had the largest private part he had ever seen!

“I’m sorry Mr. Schwartz,” the mortician commented, “I can’t allow you to be cremated with such an impressive private part. It must be saved for posterity.”

So, he removed it, stuffed it into his briefcase, and took it home.

“I have to show you something you won’t believe,” he said to his wife, opening his briefcase.

“My God!” the wife exclaimed, “Schwartz is dead?!?!”

Still as a Statue

A woman was in bed with her lover when she heard her husband opening the front door.

“Hurry,” she said, “stand in the corner.”

She rubbed baby oil all over him, then dusted him with talcum powder.

“Don’t move until I tell you,” she said. “Pretend you’re a statue.”

“What’s this?” the husband inquired as he entered the room.

“Oh it’s a statue.” she replied. “The Smith’s bought one and I liked it so much I got one for us, too.”

No more was said, not even when they went to bed.

Around 2 AM the husband got up, went to the kitchen and returned with a sandwich and a beer.

“Here,” he said to the statue, “have this. I stood like that for two days at the Smith’s and nobody offered me a damned thing.”

What an Ugly Baby

A middle-aged couple had two beautiful daughters but always talked about having a son.

They decided to try one last time for the son they always wanted.

The wife got pregnant and delivered a healthy baby boy.

The joyful father rushed to the nursery to see his new son.

He was horrified at the ugliest child he had ever seen.

He told his wife, “There’s no way I can be the father of this baby. Look at the two beautiful daughters I fathered! Have you been fooling around behind my back?”

The wife smiled sweetly and replied, “Not this time!”

Fore Play

A married man was having an affair with his secretary.

One day they went to her place and made love all afternoon. Exhausted, they fell asleep and woke up at 8 PM.

The man hurriedly dressed and told his lover to take his shoes outside and rub them in the grass and dirt.

He put on his shoes and drove home.

“Where have you been?” his wife demanded.

“I can’t lie to you,” he replied, “I’m having an affair with my secretary. We had sex all afternoon.”

“You lying *******!

You’ve been playing golf!”

Do Unto Others

A man walked into a cafe, went to the bar and ordered a beer.

“Certainly, Sir, that’ll be one cent.”

“One cent?” the man thought.

He glanced at the menu and asked, “How much for a nice juicy steak and a bottle of wine?”

“A nickel,” the barman replied.

“A nickel?” exclaimed the man. “Where’s the guy who owns this place? He must be losing money hand over fist!”

The bartender replied, “Upstairs, with my wife.”

The man asked, “What’s he doing upstairs with your wife?”

The bartender replied,

“The same thing I’m doing to his business down here.”

Just Rest In Peace

Jake was dying. His wife sat at the bedside.

He looked up and said weakly, “I have something I must confess.”

“There’s no need to,” his wife replied.

“No,” he insisted, “I want to die in peace. I slept with your sister, your best friend, her best friend, and your mother!”

“I know, I know,” she replied. “Now just rest and let the poison work.”

Old 06-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Oldies but goodies Doug....

Funny cartoons Andre... Even though one we need to change the word Ford to Chevy.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:44 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Sometimes, you gotta dust off the old ones Dak! Seemed like that kind of day to me for some reason.

I want a set of those tow mirrors from the first pic!

Old 06-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Those are funny cartoons!

I keep my mirrors folded down...mostly b/c I don't like being that guy with his ghost trailer. That being said, the mirrors are much more functional when flipped up vs folded down.

The Ford and new GM mirrors are by far the best (Ford being the winner b/c they power extend).

Old 06-27-2015, 05:38 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Howdy Steve! How goes it?

Old 06-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
It was expensive. I had to put in a new outside A/C unit today (by put in...i mean call an installer). Cost me 2800 bucks for a 3 ton unit.

I'm now looking into installed the other one myself (preemptive strike). I can buy a new unit for 1100 bucks (3.5 Ton) and buy a 30lb bottle of R22 for 400. Seems to be a lot cheaper that way than paying someone....

I wish I knew a guy who would do the install for some cash if I supply the unit. I know the company charged 2,000 bucks for labor and parts to install the unit this morning and they were the cheapest quote I found.

Old 06-27-2015, 06:09 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 06-27-2015, 06:29 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Have a great evening gang, it is what it is

Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Dim Sum
It was expensive. I had to put in a new outside A/C unit today (by put in...i mean call an installer). Cost me 2800 bucks for a 3 ton unit.

I'm now looking into installed the other one myself (preemptive strike). I can buy a new unit for 1100 bucks (3.5 Ton) and buy a 30lb bottle of R22 for 400. Seems to be a lot cheaper that way than paying someone....

I wish I knew a guy who would do the install for some cash if I supply the unit. I know the company charged 2,000 bucks for labor and parts to install the unit this morning and they were the cheapest quote I found.
The new condenser units typically come fully charged, except what you need to fill the lines and evaporator, and that should only be a couple of pounds. As long as you are good at gas braising and can vacuum the system, I wouldn't think it would be too hard. Definitely a cash saving possibility.

About this time last year, I paid to have my entire system changed out and upgraded. The only thing remaining from the old system was most of the duct work. The system they replaced was a 2.5 ton that was the original equipment when the house was built. Not only was it too small, it was in the initial stages of leaking from the evap coils. The system that went back was a 3.5 ton and much more energy efficient. It also came with a new plenum and furnace, plus they added an extra return air for the increased volume of air flow. My power bill went down and now I don't have to wait until midnight for my house to be cool enough to sleep.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:21 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Brett, looks like you got new tires! Sweet.

Howdy Gerry! How's life in the campground?

I just came back in from installing replacement LED bulbs in my heads and fogs. I didn't realize how truly pathetic my lights were until I got the first side done. Since it is still light out, I won't have a final opinion until tomorrow or Monday. So far, I really like the fogs, but I'm not so sure about the heads. All of the LED's are on one side of the bulb, so only half of the reflector is getting light. I hope the pattern is sufficient. They are teh Lifetime LED's H-10 fogs and H-13 heads in 6100k color.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:49 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
They look good Doug. Please post how they do at night. One of the things I took for granted in Miami is that I didn't need great headlights. Up here, good lights are essential and I struggled last year with it.

Dim Sum - I've put in my own units, actually the hardest part is the wiring. It doesn't go red wire to red wire.... Blue wire to blue wire. Look at your current unit and you will understand. I bought a home warranty plan. I pay $50 a month - but they have replaced several of my AC units over the 3 years I have had the policy on and off and they cover more than just the AC units... I look at it as financing my next AC. I have 4 central AC units in the Miami house. 1 - 5 ton that currently needs replacing and 3 - 2.5 ton units. The 5 ton they tried to fix but it broke again, so I will be hitting them up for a new one. And they didn't fix the inside part of the unit either. The bad part is that they will always want to throw parts at it until it just doesn't work. And you have to call them back within 30 days or you get charged another service visit. Good, fast, and cheap. Pick any two... If it isn't working right and I am home to monitor it, I call them out as soon as I know it, until they get it right or give up and say I need a new unit.

What Doug said I have experienced as well, all the units I bought came with a freon charge in the outside unit. All you need is enough for the lines at the inside unit.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:00 PM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Hey Dak, do you have AHS, or another warranty? I have AHS and have had for many years. The techs that come out always want to throw parts it whatever the problem is, are usually lousy with troubleshooting, and if they have to replace an entire "whatever", it is always the cheapest POS available that meets the spec of "replace in kind". With AHS, I can't even pay the extra and upgrade. I did my new A/C on my own nickel last year.

My background is electrical, so that is the part that I am comfortable with. You should've seen the rat's nest I had my hands in last month to rewire the ex's pool computer panel. (This was after AHS had their pool people out to misdiagnose and fail to repair the system - but still took her $75 deductible.) The A/C guys make the braising look easy to me, but I think I would suck at it.

I will follow up on the lights tomorrow or Monday. I should at least get an initial impression tomorrow morning, but my travels are less than 1/4 mile and in a well lit area. Monday morning, I'll be on the road for work and run through some poorly lit areas and some really dark pavement with bad striping. I should at least be able to post up pics of the light on the garage door tomorrow - if the weather cooperates.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Yeah, I have AHS, but they use a decent company in Miami for AC now. I don't give up on them - sometimes I think they do cheap work on purpose.

Years ago, they would have let me pay to upgrade the unit, but I said no. It ticked them off, but they wanted more money for the upgraded inside unit, then I could have bought the entire upgraded unit inside and out for myself. I asked if I could supply the new unit and they just install it, but that was a 'NO' as well... It takes a lot of effort to get things done, but eventually they don't want to keep coming out as it costs them money.

He even said I had to make sure the old unit was off my property or they would charge me for removal. I said no problem it will be gone, because I will recycle it myself and I even got my service call money back. The tech was also upset, because that is what he does! He said he would have done that for free - but of course I had no idea the boss wasn't going to come out.

After that I had better service - I can't comment on the last time because I wasn't there... All I know is that they didn't find a leak that I have and they never addressed the inside unit issue. Things I intend to work on when I get back in August. Mainly so I can sell the house.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most