6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Good morning to All the Fine Folks on this thread.....
Another one of those moments.........'HUG'
Thanks Guys...........

Andre'......what a recount of events.....you must have taken notes.....
No fridge install yet. Still working on the garage......I am guessing another week on the garage, then start on the 5th wheel....
Ordered a 1200 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter to power the Apartment size fridge that I installed last summer.

Monty......I enjoyed your email.....the Kitchen project is great !!

Painted Horse....Do you have a first name that you go by ? or is Painted Horse the way to go ??
Pretty area.....We want to come out to that area and camp......are you up to teaching an old Navy Sailor how to ride....???

Dak......Sell it or Burn it................

Doug......I have the solution for the Refinery............Switch On all the breakers.......open all the Valves.......then Duck............

Mitch ......enjoy your Shore leave

Tim....Pump a little grease in the zerk fittings once in a while....and do throw some grease at wheel bearing too..............

Tim.....Hook that trailer up to the Orange Tractor....You'll look like Farmer in the Dell..........

That is as far as my memory goes.......

Have Fun my Friends.....
I am headed to the garage soon, gotta get this done !!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:28 AM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Painted Horse
Actually the San Rafael Swell area has lots of ATV trails. Mostly in the dry washes. You could ride for a couple of weeks and never repeat a trail. But we seek out the Wilderness Study Areas where wheeled vehicles are not allowed.

And I suspect most atv riders would not want to try to cover the same terrain we take the horses through.

We kinda had a chuckle though. We had pulled off the road and camped. There were 7 rigs. All pulled down off the highway and parked by some cottonwood trees near the creek. Some throwback hippies come in Friday night in a Volkswagon Bus. Set up a tent in the middle of our group and wandered into our camp wanting to share the fire. Claiming to be disabled vets, but could not tell us what conflict they served in. A couple of the Viet Nam vets in our group got a little testy with them. Kind of " how can you be disabled from PTSD when you didn't serve overseas." Anyway Saturday it rained. and they pulled off the highway and walked down to get their tent and equipment. Carried everything up the hill under their arms. Not sure if they thought their Volkswagon bus would not climb out with the little bit of rain. Of course our trucks pulled the grade dragging 12,000-13,000 lbs of horse trailers.
I've done most of my ATV riding down towards the Capitol Reef area. The BLM is tightening down every year. Places you could roam free just a couple years ago are now completely off limits to anything motorized.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:43 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,053 Likes on 2,212 Posts
Roy...that sounds like a plan. Hugs back.

Old 04-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,549 Likes on 1,417 Posts

Good morning Savage gang!

Roy, I needed the tractor to load the dirt and rocks. I also got an early Birthday / anniversary present this weekend, new attachment for the Tractor. The straw bales for the raised gardens didn't turn out all that well, so we are replacing them with concrete blocks. The blocks weigh 39 lbs each, the tractor would lift the pallet with two rows on it, but not three. I would like to know the mathematics behind it. The manual list the amount of weight it will left at the pins and two foot forward. But I don't know how to figure it out for a pallet of blocks.

Saturday we sold our roto tiller and decided to meet the folks that were buying it about 30 miles from here. After the deal we thought we would go have lunch, about two hours later the fun stopped for my wife. Got food poisoning from something spent the rest of the day and that night not doing too good. Yesterday wasn't all that great either but today she's doing a lot better.

Attached Images   
Old 04-27-2015, 12:18 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Sorry Maria got food poisoning. That is no fun at all!

Old 04-27-2015, 02:05 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot

Thanks Andre, Like I said she feeling better today. She has a hell of a time when we go out to eat. The last two times prior to this time when we went out she never got what she order.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:16 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Old 04-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Tim Young
Hotshot

Good one Andre, I'll have to share that with Maria.

Old 04-27-2015, 03:40 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 04-27-2015, 05:40 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 81 Likes on 16 Posts
Brett, Monica should run for president. She is the only one in the Clinton regime that's got the job done!

Old 04-27-2015, 08:38 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by Tim Young
Good morning Savage gang!

Roy, I needed the tractor to load the dirt and rocks. I also got an early Birthday / anniversary present this weekend, new attachment for the Tractor. The straw bales for the raised gardens didn't turn out all that well, so we are replacing them with concrete blocks. The blocks weigh 39 lbs each, the tractor would lift the pallet with two rows on it, but not three. I would like to know the mathematics behind it. The manual list the amount of weight it will left at the pins and two foot forward. But I don't know how to figure it out for a pallet of blocks.

Saturday we sold our roto tiller and decided to meet the folks that were buying it about 30 miles from here. After the deal we thought we would go have lunch, about two hours later the fun stopped for my wife. Got food poisoning from something spent the rest of the day and that night not doing too good. Yesterday wasn't all that great either but today she's doing a lot better.
Tim, I hope Maria is feeling better.
I think you just found the limit that it will lift. Regardless of the math equations.
Just remember how hard it would be to carry the blocks by hand and all will be good.

Old 04-27-2015, 09:52 PM
Painted Horse
Logistics Pro
Received 2,566 Likes on 731 Posts
Roy, Painted Horse is a Forum name I choose back in the 90's when I had some paint horses, and was mostly on horse forums. It just become easy to remember my login and password by using the same name on the various forums I frequented. Of course I no longer own paint horses having gravitated to gaited horses in the Foxtrotter bred and Facebook has replaced most of the old forums. But the user name has stuck.

I usually have a couple strangers out for rides every summer. It has lead to some good friends in Germany who showed me around their country for a week as payback for a few horse rides in the west. As well as other friendships that have grown from people on social media sites joining me for a horse ride.

Jon

Old 04-27-2015, 10:02 PM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Jon, nice to meet ya!

Old 04-27-2015, 10:05 PM
Dim Sum
Cargo Master
Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I hate that the lands I've atv'd on in many states have been banned from atvs recently. I dislike the anti-atv legislation very much, but also am pissed to see ATV riders venture off the trails and destroy the areas we enjoy.

I feel that ATVing will die out west in the near future. Seems like all of the nice places to visit are either being paved or turned into wilderness. Sad as I love the activity.

Old 04-27-2015, 10:08 PM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,626 Likes on 1,644 Posts
Good evening truckers! I missed the AM session........ Busy being retired!
Really, I was drawing up,a plan for a friend for an RV port, and putting together a materials list for some pricing!
And yup, Andre....it is time for a SXS adventure! I just commented to the above friend this afternoon that I didnt know if my RZR would even run! The next day or two, I have to load up and go explore!
Hello, Jon, I love your horse pics! Back in 2010 myself and 3 other guys loaded up 4 horses and 4 mules with a bunch of gear. We went up NW of Great Falls, MT into the Bob Marshall Wilderness. We went up over Headquarters pass above Choteau, MT, and down into the north fork of the Sun River, fished for a day, then went up Rock Creek to the "Chinese Wall" and then back down on Moose Creek? That was a huge day, because we werent carrying feed, so we had to get back down to where the stock could graze. We then made a short day back to the Sun River and fished for 3 days and rested the stock, and then back out over Headquarters pass again....all together, the ride was about 70 miles! Now that adventure is off my bucket list and my poor old rickety knees will never be the same! Not too bad for an old geezer that was only used to riding flat land! If I had my desktop, I could fill a couple of pages with pictures, but I dont have them on my Ipad!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most