Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
I am the KING of plan C buddy. I do it EVERY friday.
I USED to do it to go drinking with my buddies, now I do it to take the kids out to the lake. Man how things change

I'll let her know Roy, would have carried a bit more wieght if you would have come up here and met her tho.....

Have fun
I will have to correct that!!!
Old 08-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Elder User

FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB78f150 View Post
I see that this is a one page thread.
Nope...eight pages

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
you guys are killing me...
See if John will lock it for ya Buddy!
2007 Crestliner TS192WT Aluminum Deep V
Old 08-22-2012, 04:53 PM
Posting Guru

Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageNFS View Post
Sorry to bump one of my own threads, but I want to follow up with a conversation Andrew and I are having offline. He warned me that the back up lights on the Recon's utilize the stock bulb and that the design of the Recon lens was not the best. They function, but they light is not the most effective are helping you see in the darkness. In fact, he made a comment that the red light form the brake lights give off more useable light and after seeing it last night, I agree.

Andrew ordered some expensive new LED backup lights from Retro Solutions and I'll let him say his comments on those, but what I got from the conversation is the bulbs were bright as the sun, but they still don't provide an adequate amount of light directed down to see what's behind the truck.

Here's my $50 LED reverse lights. The lights are bright as all hell, the Recon housings are horrible.

Here's what 5w LED lights look like through Recons housing. Nice bright rings of light. Let me tell you how impressed I am!

What disappoints me the most isn't the light output. It's the 3-4 people I talked to (they already had the recons installed) before buying these lights that all said with LED reverse lights the Recon lights work great.

Click the image to open in full size.

4.5" lift - Tinted Windows - Line X - Truxedo Tonneau Cover - Ride Rites - Wireless Air - Traction Bars - S&B Intake - Deleted - H&S Tuned with 5" Straight Pipe
Old 08-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Elder User

FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.FishingNut has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew010 View Post
Here's my $50 LED reverse lights. The lights are bright as all hell, the Recon housings are horrible.

Here's what 5w LED lights look like through Recons housing. Nice bright rings of light. Let me tell you how impressed I am!

What disappoints me the most isn't the light output. It's the 3-4 people I talked to (they already had the recons installed) before buying these lights that all said with LED reverse lights the Recon lights work great.

Andrew,

That is horrible lighting! How did they not notice that!?
2007 Crestliner TS192WT Aluminum Deep V
Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Posting Guru

Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Andrew010 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Not sure. Keep in mind the lights themselves are so bright, if you look at them you will see stars. It's amazing how a simple lens design flaw can make super bright light look like chit....

With the stock reverse light bulbs in the Recon housings you can't see white light on the ground. The red LED tail lights (not brake lights) puts more light on the ground.

4.5" lift - Tinted Windows - Line X - Truxedo Tonneau Cover - Ride Rites - Wireless Air - Traction Bars - S&B Intake - Deleted - H&S Tuned with 5" Straight Pipe
Old 08-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Posting Guru

To top it off (not mentioning any names) most of the people I talked to about these lights are members here....

Old 08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
not a white truck

SavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputationSavageNFS has a superb reputation
SavageNFS SavageNFS
and this is why I bumped the thread. I'm not always a spammer.
Andre '11 F-250 6.7L, CCSB, FX4, Lariat Ultimate, not a white truck, 20" XD Badlands (-12 offset) w/35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country MT, 5100 Bilsteins, 7100 Bilstein SS, Firestone Airbags w/AirLift Wireless, B&W, H&S MM, aFe CAI, aFe 4" delete pipe SS, 5" SS MBRP muffler/exhaust, LineX, Roll-N-Lock, Recon stuff - 2012 Becker 25' Aluminum Enclosed Trailer (hauling a Canned Ham, a PoPo and 3 Honduh's)-2011 Pinnacle 34RLTS
Old 08-22-2012, 06:29 PM
Senior User

Cold One is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I left the bulb in mine only b/c I am too cheap to buy a $50 reverse light . I also have the led light bar with the backup lights.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:41 PM
Senior User

majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I used a pair of rigid lights for my back up lights. They bolted right thru the holes in the bumper where the bumper wrap comes down. I just need to get a 1/4" longer bolt so I can aim them up slightly more. I had them linex'd so they are more weather proof since they get allot of water hitting the back of them.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:46 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
We need pictures............
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Postmaster

Tomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputation
GSi1 XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
We need pictures............
Sorry, had to wait until dark.

Man these lighting pics are a pain. The pic is misleading, the two hot spot were not that bright and there was more spill from the lights. The truck was in the garage, I'm standing at the end of the truck when I took this. The end of the concrete is 30'.

'71 F350 build thread
2009 F250 6.4 XLT CC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2005 F250 6.0 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2001 F250 5.4 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold
Old 08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Right on Gavin, nice and bright, we can never have too much light on command...well done
Old 08-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Senior User

CountryD is starting off with a positive reputation.
It just keeps going and going and going.... lol

I got my recon smoked lens and Smoked 3rd brake light in, and gonna install this weekend and well as do the Epic door mod.

Thanks to Savage for the help with connections. Appreciate it.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Postmaster

Tomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputationTomahawk has a superb reputation
GSi1 XD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIGGER View Post
Right on Gavin, nice and bright, we can never have too much light on command...well done
Thanks Gerry!

'71 F350 build thread
2009 F250 6.4 XLT CC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2005 F250 6.0 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold, 2001 F250 5.4 XLT SC LB 4X4 - Sold
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Canadian Trucker

My truck is all chrome & clear lenses......with LEDs

My mustang is all blacked out & smoked lenses.........
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
awesome, canada, fiat, gigger 100k, great friends, h&s, leisure suit darren, never finish second, polaris sucks, roys a daddy, savage rocks, scouts, superduty, wheelers, workbench