6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:44 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,987 Likes on 1,594 Posts
Originally Posted by darren32
Ya I get the same "no start" chit from the wife so I am well aware of how they operate.
OK.....We now know that you are not stupid........ So when is the Door getting repaired??

Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,023 Likes on 2,203 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
So when is the Door getting repaired??
right after Roy installs his clearance lights...

Old 08-20-2012, 03:29 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS

Thanks buddy, I didn't know what to come back at Roy with

Old 08-20-2012, 03:31 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by darren32

Thanks buddy, I didn't know what to come back at Roy with
I'm here all day...

Old 08-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

FU...!! j/k..... Danm good responce.......... Now what do I do.........

Ok .....It's a Deal.... I do the Cab / Clearance Lights.....

Darren fixes the Door that Gerry bashed in with his head when Darren & Gerry were drunk on thier Azzs......

Old 08-20-2012, 04:25 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
I have my moments...I bought my A game to this thread and then fell on my face in the other one. C'est la vie.

Old 08-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

I have my moments...I bought my A game to this thread and then fell on my face in the other one. C'est la vie.
Shine like a Star all the time and people will expect it.....Keep'em on their toes....

Old 08-20-2012, 04:38 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Shine like a Star all the time and people will expect it.....Keep'em on their toes....
That is so what I was doing, right . You tell stories like a sailor...oh wait

Old 08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

That is so what I was doing, right . You tell stories like a sailor...oh wait
........I am one ...........

Old 08-20-2012, 06:44 PM
kper05
Lead Driver

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
I thought for sure this topic would be on 6.7 section page two by the time I got home.
I can't keep up with two "well it happened" treads! LOL.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:58 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Sorry to bump one of my own threads, but I want to follow up with a conversation Andrew and I are having offline. He warned me that the back up lights on the Recon's utilize the stock bulb and that the design of the Recon lens was not the best. They function, but they light is not the most effective are helping you see in the darkness. In fact, he made a comment that the red light form the brake lights give off more useable light and after seeing it last night, I agree.

The problem is the lack of a good reflector housing and the stepped lens on the Recons. The Recon has groves in the lens in an attempt to shine light on the ground.

I see in this pic where the shadows make my truck look like it's banged up. I assure you that is an optical illusion.

It works, but not very well. Andrew ordered some expensive new LED backup lights from Retro Solutions and I'll let him say his comments on those, but what I got from the conversation is the bulbs were bright as the sun, but they still don't provide an adequate amount of light directed down to see what's behind the truck. Too much light is lost in the dispersion. The lack of light makes it difficult to see with the mirrors or the back up camera. The back up camera works well with adequate lighting, but without it is grainy and difficult to see. The tinted windows on our trucks aren't helping anything either.

Andrew is in a tough position because he plows and needs bright lighting for when he plows. He also has a very good looking truck that he is doesn't want to install some big honking axillary lighting on the rear. He has some ideas and all will work. I will likely install a pair of single row LED lights in the back. I'm not certain the size yet, but I'm considering the SR-M (Single row mini) from Rigid. I know they are expensive and there are cheaper alternatives. I'm kind of particular about my truck as all of us are. This is likely what I'm going to do, but I'm not in any hurry.

I'm more inclined to these because I can tuck them up tight to the bottom of the bumper where the trailer hitch framing still protects them when I'm off road. I'm confident they won't get broken off. They will be visible, but I think the visual impact of the lights will be tastefully done and not some huge eyesore on the back of my truck. The stock back up lights were decent, but there was room for improvement.

I'm just laying it out there for other thinking about using these tail lights. Last night was the first time I had backed up in the dark and they were disappointing. They look killer though. If Recon would have molded the reflective housing of the back up light area down slightly, this problem would have never surfaced. I'm keeping them because I really like the look and I'll fix the function.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:12 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahhhh! This is were you guys went....

Sorry I missed the fun up to now Savage.

And you almost had me convinced what mod I was going to do next.
Now I think I will hold off on it.

Got the Rancho steering stabilizer sitting on my bench in the garage that I have been dying to get put on.
Received it almost 2 weeks ago, and usually gets done same day, but have not been allowed to install it yet.
Wife's orders, as we have been making weekly trips to the mountains, and I tend to haul azz through the mountain passes and she wanted me to get some local road time first.
Can't say I blame her but, it doesn't say alot about her faith in my abilities.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:20 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
This is exactly why I made the post. I'd feel terrible if someone bought them based off my recomendation and they weren't happy. The lighting while backing up is an issue that is going to take more money to resolve. Not too much though and still worth it to me.

Tell your wife that the steering stabilizer is not going to completely change the way the truck drives. It's only going to improve the recovery over tough terrain. I'd just get it installed and see if she notices! I learned a long time ago that it is far easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. So much more efficient use of my time...

Old 08-22-2012, 11:20 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
And Savage...."prolly 1 page at most" my foot

Old 08-22-2012, 11:22 AM
FishingNut
Elder User
This is exactly why I made the post. I'd feel terrible if someone bought them based off my recomendation and they weren't happy. The lighting while backing up is an issue that is going to take more money to resolve. Not too much though and still worth it to me.

Tell your wife that the steering stabilizer is not going to completely change the way the truck drives. It's only going to improve the recovery over tough terrain. I'd just get it installed and see if she notices! I learned a long time ago that it is far easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission. So much more efficient use of my time...
I think she was more concerned with it falling off after I installed it.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most