6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 10:09 AM
Desert Don
Lead Driver
Received 4,625 Likes on 1,643 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Happy Birthday to your son Monty!
X2
Good Sunday morning, crew !
Just a fly by check in!
Have a great one, guys.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:53 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,546 Likes on 1,415 Posts
Good morning crew of Ford and Fiat truckers!

Going to be in the mid 80s today.

Happy Birthday to your son Monty!

Old 05-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Good afternoon Ford Fans !
Roy, You need to get a selfie stick.
Monty, nice camping pics and Happy B-Day to your son.

Have a nice Sunday Guys.

Old 05-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Happy B-Day Monty, JR....

Hope everyone's remaining weekend is good.

Hey, Iowa - I figured you would be busy in the fields...

Old 05-01-2016, 03:08 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Roy you dont look like you're having fun at all, the stage looks nice tho,

nice light Monty, I might attempt one like it, thx
I am enjoying myself......
I really enjoy the Symphony....

Originally Posted by Dakster
Nice Roy... and I like the bucket light even more than I like the mason jar lights.
Thanks Dak.......

Originally Posted by golfmedik
And as of today, I have a 16 year old!
Have a good day guys. About to start breakfast. Oh, and look, a little fire this morning.
Happy Birthday to the Young Man...........

Old 05-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Iowa Ford
Good afternoon Ford Fans !
Roy, You need to get a selfie stick.
Monty, nice camping pics and Happy B-Day to your son.

Have a nice Sunday Guys.
I was playing with a newly discovered feature of the phone......the 3 part photo. Kinda neat......

Old 05-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Monty your son and mine are very close in age, mine won't turn 16 until this coming January.

Roy, what's on the plate for today?

Old 05-01-2016, 07:33 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Just got home from the birthday dinner and unloading the fridge in the camper. Went to turn on the headlights today during a rain in the way home and had no marker/running lights on the camper. Found a blown 30A fuse in the fuse box under the hood. Man I'd like the kick the engineer that put that fuse box there in the *****!! Really tough to get the cover the off with XL hands.

Roy, the camping trip went well with one exception. We were only in 30A site and the temp was only 84* outside and the unit was in the shade as you can tell by my earlier pic. It took the rear air on high, almost 10 HOURS to cool the camper down to 75*!!!! There was cold air coming from the vents, but no force from the fan. NO VOLUME..NOT HAPPY with the rear air at all!
My Sandpiper had the "quick cool" or "air dump" in the main part of the camper and would chill the rig pretty quickly. My only other thought was to unplug and turn on the generator and use both airs to cool it then go back to one.
To see what it would do, I set the thermostat on 58* and it only go to 63* and that was during the rain. with the ceiling and floor fan on, at 5am in the morning. NO way will this thing cool in direct sunlight above 90*!! I will be calling the dealer, or going over there soon.
Anyway, have a great evening fellas. Gonna get a little more rain in a bit.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:37 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
Look on the thermostat. See if there is a hi low setting for fan. Also check ac filter.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:48 PM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by bigredtruckmi
Look on the thermostat. See if there is a hi low setting for fan. Also check ac filter.
Dave, I had it on high. When on low, couldn't feel any air at all. This unit has the new "racetrack" air conditioning. A big oval duct system with an air in each curve, or on each end. It also has the "Whisper Quiet" A/C unit. I haven't even had the front one on yet. But so far, no happy with what I've seen.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:01 PM
bigredtruckmi
Lead Driver
Received 218 Likes on 50 Posts
I made the mistake while in Florida during the summer of having the fan on low setting. After several calls got it going on hi. New rig then. Learning curve.
Another thought. Was the ac unit frozen? Ours did that. New control unit was needed.
Good luck.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:07 PM
Ferguson65
Logistics Pro
Received 200 Likes on 85 Posts
That sucks Monty, hope the dealer can get you straightened out quick. Because A/c season is coming fast! Well, sounds like you already have it!

I had a little trouble getting motivated this weekend, but managed to get a few mods checked off the camper list yesterday (pics in TH section), grass cut, one kayak stowed in the (house) garage, and a new fan in our hall bath(working in attic sucks!). Going to go a different route for the other kayak as the winch system just doesn't get it up as high as I would like. Also took some coins my mom dumped on us to the local gold and precious metals buyer. Walked out with $380 cash. This guy had the right idea, started as a gold and metals buyer, established his position in the community, and then got an FFL. Place is loaded with guns now! Prices are good. Should have left the wife at home, could have gotten a "free" gun. Though in all seriousness, I may take my Ruger SR40 up there and see what he will give me in trade toward an S&W shield in .40. Much narrower, lighter, and easier to conceal, same ammo I have a ton of. Under 3 weeks and we'll be camping again!

Hope everybody had a good weekend and has a great week going forward!

Old 05-01-2016, 09:51 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Dakster
Monty your son and mine are very close in age, mine won't turn 16 until this coming January.

Roy, what's on the plate for today?
My dinner bowl has the world's most fantastic "Italian Bean Soup with the kitchen sink thrown in"

Water...Beef stock....Tomato sauce....Diced Fire Roasted tomatoes....Medium sized chunks of fresh tomatoes....Celery...Green Bell Pepper & Red Bell Pepper.....Wax Beans....Green Cut Beans....Italian Green beans......Light Red Kidney beans....Dark Red Kidney beans....Navy beans....Pinto beans.....Great Northern beans.....Hamburger 81%......Hilshire Kabase sliced.....Mushrooms......salt....black Pepper....Oregano....Garlic....chopped up Parsley....Italian seasoning.

That's the basics.........

Old 05-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Worked on the Montana........

No photos yet.....not everything is done ans tools and materials everywhere......

Put an overhead light in the battery compartment with a switch activated by the door............F,,,,Slick !!!

12VDC outlet in the big forward compartment. Port side.....forward bulkhead. There is a factory one accessible from the Starboard side....aft bulkhead.

Putting in LED running/turn/brake lights on the back of the FW. Oval shaped. 43" up from the bottom of the back panel to the center of the new tail light....Fished the wires behind the fiberglass skin. One side done. This is Great !! Much better rear visability...!!
I am disappointed that Keystone put old fashioned incandescent light fixtures outside the FW (including in the storage compartments) ......

That's about it for today.......

Old 05-01-2016, 10:11 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Roy, the camping trip went well with one exception. We were only in 30A site and the temp was only 84* outside and the unit was in the shade as you can tell by my earlier pic. It took the rear air on high, almost 10 HOURS to cool the camper down to 75*!!!! There was cold air coming from the vents, but no force from the fan. NO VOLUME..NOT HAPPY with the rear air at all!
My Sandpiper had the "quick cool" or "air dump" in the main part of the camper and would chill the rig pretty quickly. My only other thought was to unplug and turn on the generator and use both airs to cool it then go back to one.
Keep us posted Monty........

Be interesting to compare yours with another FW on the lot. Doesn't have to be the same model.......just the same A/C system......

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most