6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 10:35 PM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Dak....at-a-boys for the walking.....so good for you and the youngin...

Exhaust Tips: The King Ranch has "Auto Cleaning Tips"......Yours doesn't ....
You get auto cleaning tips instead of a heated steering wheel.

Think I can add that feature?

Old 03-24-2015, 11:45 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,988 Likes on 1,595 Posts
Originally Posted by Dakster
You get auto cleaning tips instead of a heated steering wheel.

Think I can add that feature?
Do you really need to ask.....................

Old 03-24-2015, 11:49 PM
Chad149
Lead Driver
Received 500 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
So my daughter comes home from school and says here Jeep is vibrating in the steering wheel and it feels really wrong. She also says it's been doing it since we picked it up Thursday and gotten worse. She was gone all weekend so it was parked but she did drive it Friday, Monday and today.

I get in and start driving and feel it instantly. Pull over and shake the front tire to see if a ball joint is bad or what is going on. It's a pretty bad vibration. Wheel moves A LOT. The dang lug nuts are LOOSE as in I can spin them with my hand. Same thing with the other side. They never tightened the lug nuts from when it was in for service Thursday (they replaced front u joints). So I tighten them on the side of the road. Have to use the "key" on one of them as it's a security lug nut. Vibration gone. Get home re-tighten with torque wrench and call service manager. Tell him what happened. I get that it was a mistake...it can happen. It sucks that it happened to us or to anyone. However, why didn't they road test the Jeep? I'll let him sort that mess out, but I'm pretty untrusting of this dealership at this point. I feel they made a mistake and then ignored the road test which is designed to catch mistakes like this. I was calm on the phone and was nice an all, but how to you forget something like this happened there? It's my daughter and you could have caused her to have an accident. They apologized, but I just don't know if I'll ever trust them again. This kind of stinks all the way around.
Did you pull the the wheels off to inspect? It does not take very long for aluminum wheels lug seats to wallow out, at which point they will NOT stay tight.

No excuse on this. Any repairs that can affect how a vehicle goes down the road gets a test drive. It's not even about trusting my work, with all the cheap China replacement parts out there. This is something I hammer into my trainees, it's something that must be done no matter how dumb you think it is to do so.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:01 AM
RigTrash601
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn Savage, that would be my last trip to that dealership. Burns me up to hear that chit! I've been there, but not with LOOSE LUG NUTS! Hope y'all don't meet anyone on the road that got a brake job from 'em.

Well, got home late this evening, the Company Rep I work for stoppe by he bought a 2015 version of my truck:

He said he's going home and ripping the bull bar off and purchasing a lift and wheels!

Old 03-25-2015, 05:34 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Andre, glad your daughter had enough awareness to realize something wasn't right and brought it to your attention in time to do something about it before it caused a catastrophe.
I had a similar experience many years ago. I had taken my F-150 4x4 to a local shop for an alignment. While I was there, I noticed that the tech (18 year old son of the owner) was paying more attention to his girlfriend than he was to my truck, but the alignment print out looked good, so I assumed all was well and left. Over the course of the next several days, I started hearing a hard clunk coming from under the front end of my truck, but whenever I would look, I couldn't find anything. This went on for a while, as I didn't have time to get back to the shop to have them check and the truck seemed to drive ok. One day while looking for the clunk, I finally realized that he hadn't tightened down the bolts on the lower control arm and it was wobbling around in the mounts. I immediately took the truck back up to the shop (2 miles from the house and low speed limits) and explained what I found to the owner. He snickered, then took it back to the rack and realigned it and tightened everything back up. I didn't even get as much as an apology from him. It would've sucked for it to have come completely loose on a freeway full of Houston traffic at 70 mph with my wife and kids in it. Last time I went to that shop, and last time I didn't hang outside the bay doors and watch what is being done to any of my vehicles when at a shop.

Mitch, your company rep has good taste, but he definitely needs your help in dressing it up a bit!

Roy, glad your battery pack stopped at just melting. Tool inventory seems like a good idea when the job finishes now. I've never given it too much thought, but I will begin to now. I guess after tools and sponges being left in patients after surgery over the years, doctors do the same thing now.

Dak, I'm sure you know how to wash your tip when it gets foreign material on it.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:28 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,024 Likes on 2,203 Posts
Good morning guys. Thanks again for the support.

Chad, I did not pull the wheels. I had to get to Scouts and CPR recert by the time she got home. I only had time to road test and tighten. I didn't even think of the lugs being damaged. She's gone for school now. I'll have to check them out tonight. Thanks for the warning

Mitch...I like yours a lot more.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:37 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts
Mornin Andre!

Old 03-25-2015, 07:45 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Good morning Doug

Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 79 Likes on 15 Posts
We had scouts tonight and I also had to take a CPR refresher course to get recertified. Glad its over and hope I never have to use it! Don't know how monty does it!

Good morning guys! A little drizzle to start the day but at 58* now. Hope you guys had a great day yesterday. My partner needed tires for her 5th wheel, so I did some research for her and her husband. I have Godyear G614 "G" rated tires on mine. She had two tries failing and had "china bombs" on hers. I had heard about the Sailun S637 235/85/16 "G" rated tires on the forums. Through several forum searches on multiple forums, I ordered these for her and we all went and picked them up yesterday. Sailun is the only tire Chinese company that meets all domestic and import specs for trailer tires. If you don't look at the name, you'd swear they are Goodyears. They are $150.50 each from NTB here in Athens as opposed to $375 for the GY. They weigh 62 pounds each versus 29# each of the ones that came off of it. If you guys are in need of a heavier duty tire for your 5th wheel, I encourage you to look at these. Here is a pic.
Name:  20150324_164955_zps7nbirzxq.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  391.1 KB

This is how we do it now Andre. $15k a pop, but cheap compared to a back injury!

Attached Images  
Old 03-25-2015, 07:55 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Holy crap Monty! I've never seen one of those before. That looks pretty high tech. Did you put your Hi idle mod on? Did you get the message on the wiring being reversed on the Red/Blue wires?

Old 03-25-2015, 08:08 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Holy crap Monty! I've never seen one of those before. That looks pretty high tech. Did you put your Hi idle mod on? Did you get the message on the wiring being reversed on the Red/Blue wires?
No I didn't get the message yet. I received it yesterday, but have not had a chance t put it on. Maybe today. Thanks for the heads up on the reversed wire. Looking forward to doing this. Shouldn't take long as he as Blap has really taken the work out of it for us. Great looking setup!!
That CPR device is called the LUCAS2.... It runs on a lithium battery, comes with a spare and can do perfect CPR for 90 minutes continuously and if that is not enough, you can plug it in to 120v and run forever!!! They have really saved our backs and shoulders. PLUS it has shown us just how humans SUCK at CPR. On the first 6 patients we used it on, we had a spontaneous return of a heartbeat and circulation on 5 of them!!!! Only one made it out of the hospital and she did that with no deficits whatsoever!!!! Truly and amazing machine. We now have 7 of them.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:24 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
This is why all of us in public safety never know what is gonna happen on any given call. Especially these guys! WARNING..GRAPHIC!!!
Routine Traffic Stops Leads to AK-47 Gun Battle, All Caught on Police Dashcam | Top Right News

Old 03-25-2015, 08:27 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Very cool machine Monty.
As far as the wiring, I'm not certain if the colors used on your's were the same as mine or in the same order, but I'm going to assume they were. Blapanesee stated:
Red - White with Brown Stripe. This is incorrect. It should be BLUE wire goes to White w/Brown stripe.

White - Green

Blue - Gray w/Violet stripe. This is incorrect. It should be the RED wire goes to Gray w/Violet stripe.

If you follow this picture, the wiring is correct in it as well and he uses the exact same potentioment. Orient the same and map the wires to the colors he used if they are different on yours. Also, you do not have to use the upfitter 4. I used 1 as it was the only one I had available.

Hi idle thread is here:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-pictures.html
Upfitter wires are as follows:

Upfitter info can all be found on this document:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post10504396

Old 03-25-2015, 08:30 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Thanks Andre!

Old 03-25-2015, 08:37 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Please say a prayer for Wisconsin State Trooper Trevor Casper. He was killed in the line of duty yesterday in my town. He was fatally wounded by a suspect and managed to return fire and fatally wound the suspect who allegedly robbed a bank, allegedly killed two people, allegedly stole two cars in his attempt to flee. Trooper Casper is a true hero for paying the ultimate sacrifice and ending this dangerous man's attempt to flee and commit more crimes.

http://wbay.com/2015/03/24/officer-s...-lac-standoff/

I don't know him, but I'm very close with several officers in town and it just hits hard when something like this happens in our little slice of the earth. So please say a prayer for Trooper Casper, his family, and all those who protect us.

Thank you

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most