6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:39 AM
golfmedik
Lead Driver
Received 82 Likes on 16 Posts
Epic, so glad to hear from you! Glad everything is going well buddy! We miss your informative videos, but hey, I think you've covered most everything Have a great day!

Old 01-26-2015, 10:51 AM
darren32
Lead Driver

Received 736 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Only thing that would make that lego truck cooler is if the plate said Savage, ror.

Nice pics buddy...you order those wheels and tires? Will you need new changes or just stretch the bungees more?

Where is Gerry?

Tim...that chipper looks BadA**.
Ordered but I am not picken theu up until April

Originally Posted by golfmedik
Morning guys! I too am beginning to wonder where Gerry is..I went camping this last weekend on purpose as the big camper show was in Atlanta. I really should stay away from those things now. Hell I went to the dealer for a water filter the last time and ordered a new one before I left As we were just finishing cooking yesterday, I looked across the camp ground at an '01 7.3L dually pulling a 38 ft Cedar Creek that came in about sundown. The camp hos was there and had his Ecoboost hooked to the 5er and the elderly gentlemen was trying to climb into the engine bay, so I walked over to see if I could help. There was a HUGE puddle of oil in the ground under his truck and it was about 3 qts low on oil. I looked and found that the O ring for the injection pump had blown. He said he would call GoodSam and make arrangements. But I told him a buddy of mine was a former Ford Diesel tech and had his shop about 20 miles away if he needed anything. So I asked about his camper and he said he had just put in a new battery two days before in Va and now it was dead. I told him to check the converter. He had no idea what it was so I went and got my multimeter and he had no power coming out of it back towards the battery. He said the camper was still under warranty and would get it taken care of. As we were gathering things to leave, he walked over and asked for my buddy's number so I just called him. Apparently GoodSam could do nothing for a day or two. His truck was towed there this morning and he was on his way in about 2 hours with the O ring changed. The camp host was in a brand new Airstream. When we were talking, he said he that he had a 6.7L and a 5er but water got into the fuel system and he traded the truck before it was repaired for the EcoBoost and traded the 5er for the Airstream. Interesting people. Another reason I love camping. Sorry for the long post but here is a pic of the sunrise yesterday morning. Some might recognize the site as it was the same one form 6 weeks ago while there.
Great pic Monty

Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Hey Fellas. Long time just sent me a PM telling me to check in with the old timers over at FTE. So I read backwards a few pages from the end and looks like all the old friends are still at it. 855 pages on a single thread though, really? Something is going to break...

So me? 28 years with my bride. More things with various motors on them, particularly two new grandsons, ate a Big Mac north of the Arctic circle, sent one daughter on a mission to Mexico City and another to work at the UN in NYC. Said goodbye to the POS son-in-law so my oldest daughter and her little motor is is staying with us. All good. Youngest boy Michael (12 years old) is my built-in epic-level awesome side-kick and keeps me young. Cat is 11 years old. That's pretty much it for family events, drama and trauma over the last couple of years. All in all, pretty amazing. Oh, the truck is still near perfect except for the driver's mirror which is manual now. It was a victim of a Prius driver is a parking lot.

Now back to the regular conversation.
Thanks for checking in Epic, good to hear things are good

Old 01-26-2015, 10:56 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,053 Likes on 2,212 Posts
Nice pic and post Monty. It always feels good to offer assistance. I never figured out why more folks don't give it a try

Thanks for stopping in Epic. I'm glad life is good overall and that the family has sorted itself out moving forward. That's really great to hear. Bummer about the mirror, but I'm sure the "other guy" faired worse.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:08 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick
Hey Fellas. Long time just sent me a PM telling me to check in with the old timers over at FTE. So I read backwards a few pages from the end and looks like all the old friends are still at it. 855 pages on a single thread though, really? Something is going to break...

So me? 28 years with my bride. More things with various motors on them, particularly two new grandsons, ate a Big Mac north of the Arctic circle, sent one daughter on a mission to Mexico City and another to work at the UN in NYC. Said goodbye to the POS son-in-law so my oldest daughter and her little motor is is staying with us. All good. Youngest boy Michael (12 years old) is my built-in epic-level awesome side-kick and keeps me young. Cat is 11 years old. That's pretty much it for family events, drama and trauma over the last couple of years. All in all, pretty amazing. Oh, the truck is still near perfect except for the driver's mirror which is manual now. It was a victim of a Prius driver is a parking lot.

Now back to the regular conversation.
Epic, thanks for giving us the update.
I was the one you referred to as (Long time).
I just used that as the subject for the PM.
Hope you can check in occasionally. I think there's room for more here. Right guys !

Old 01-26-2015, 11:15 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Respect for Epic since I saw his videos. He made the airbag install easy for me. I had all the correct tools ahead of time. Only time I had to get out from under the truck was to stretch my legs (refill my beer), lol.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,549 Likes on 1,417 Posts
Thanks for checking in Epic, it was nice to hear all is going well.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:41 AM
BlackBeest
More Turbo
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Morning, gang!

Andre- congrats on the kiddos, good good work!!

Doug- good news on the weight loss, too, congrats! Thanks for the gun ****!

Chad- I picked up a Gen3 23 just last year, I had no idea they'd been making 'em for 12, wow

Monty- nice pics as usual, way to step in and offer assistance to a fellow rv'er, (even tho it was probably no big deal to you)

Darren- the kiddos look like they're enjoying it regardless

EPIC!! good to hear all's cadillac'ing in your neck of the woods. Don't be a stranger, stop in, we'll make room

I changed the oil and fuel filters Friday after work, took about 45 minutes, probably 15 of which was looking for tools and pouring individual quarts into the motor, we were out of gallons ror these things really are super simple to service.

So, good to go another ~7/8k miles, and came in the nick of time, wife had "errands" to run most of the weekend, IN MY TRUCK nah, ror, it's all good, she loves it almost as much as I do

Everyone else I may have overlooked Tim, Mitch, Lewis, y'all have fun and be safe out there!!

Old 01-26-2015, 01:30 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Just for fun I went to Fuel's truck builder to see what the wheels would look like. Check out the bumper they got on their 2011 F350 LOL too funny

Name:  Untitled_zpseirnjpxi.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  69.8 KB

Guess that's what it will look like (but with slightly bigger tires )

Old 01-26-2015, 01:35 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
That will look fantastic Darren! Great choice...

Old 01-26-2015, 03:34 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While we're throwing up tractor **** I figured I'd post a couple of old ones.

The tractor pics are from 1975 on the second farm property we had. The truck is from 1970 on the first place. My dad had been evacuated from England to Ohio during the war and spent the time on a farm so he always wanted to farm again. That lasted about 10 years before he went and got a real job again.

Old 01-26-2015, 03:36 PM
darren32
Lead Driver

Great pics steve

Old 01-26-2015, 03:47 PM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by darren32
Great pics steve
Thanks, been digitizing old slides an negatives for the last week and came across those.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:17 PM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
That old Merc is a thing of beauty. The Allis Chalmers and Massey Ferguson aren't bad either Thanks for sharing!

Old 01-26-2015, 05:02 PM
92F350CC
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I forgot that you Canucks got a Mercury version of the F-100.

Old 01-26-2015, 05:12 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
What a day..........of Epic proportions.....

Good to see all the smiley faces........

Didn't accomplish much today......Did meet with the Powder Coat shop owner today and found a matching color for the bumper/moose guard. A Bronze Metallic color that looks real close to the Accent color on Jolly Green. It'll be next week before it is done.

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most