Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2014, 05:52 PM
Postmaster

Sgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud ofSgt93 has much to be proud of
@SSgt93 sgt_93 ssgt93
Good luck with that Tim. It looks like you have done your homework though.
Steve - 2015 Ford F350 King Ranch CC 4x4 SB SRW Loaded - RetraxPro - Andersen Rapid Hitch - Extang MaxSeal Tailgate Seal - Ziebart Z-Shield Protective Film - EZ-Down Tailgate Assist - WeatherTech FloorLiner's that SUCK- Rugged Liner Wheel Well.

2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.7 PS CC 4x4 SB with a bunch of crap SOLD.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:33 PM
Posting Guru

RigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud of
Mitch Thornhill RigTrash601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
Mitch.....You are Baaad.......

The real story is..........Do cheat...but, cheat smart!
When I went to Diabetic school about 6 years ago......the nurse talked about reading labels....WOW that is a must!! Many (most) "healthy" foods are BAD news........Make your own foods.....ie don't buy frozen "whatever" learn to Cook!! Steak.....Nice thick Ribeye with fat running through it, tossed on a Hot grill .......flip......Serve. Nothing wrong with that! every day, no. Bake a sweet potato instead a white potato.....helps. Plenty of green Veggies........That is a smart cheat.

Pasta....bread.....soda.....High Carbs !! Dreamland pasta.....Low in absorbed Carbs

Crystal Lite ........good tasting drinks !!

Snack on veggies.....celery....cucumbers....carrots......ch eese & crackers (not too much)......Pickles......olives, green & black............

anyway......that is some of my experience.......
My biggesst problem a few years ago was soda......I never was a big coffee drinker (maybe 2 cups a day) anyway, after taking this job I started packing on the weight, physical activity was cut in half, my sleep pattern got completely out of kilter. Sometimes you're up 40 or more hours at a time, (most I've done was 60 in a stretch) but I was chugging Coke all the time......that with the sleep / eat pattern I had. Well, didn't take long. I finally weaned myself off of soda, I drink one every now and then, but I dropped over 20 lbs pretty quick.
Now, I'm contracted to a major Oil & Gas company and they've gotten to where you're not allowed to work more than a certain amount of hours without a rest period, this rig has a fairly nice gym, I try to hit it several times a week, and the only beverage I usually have out here other than water is iced tea, can't make myself give that up. I eat fruit / cereal in the morning, try to eat a salad only for lunch (except steak day and seafood day) and the evening baked chicken or fish (whatever they prepare that day). So, while I'm not dropping weight fast, I am slimming down, I average between 200 and 205#, and feel alot better! Tomorrow being seafood day, definetly a cheat day!
I apologize for the long winded post......
Old 09-04-2014, 09:44 PM
Senior User

Mud_Man_Dude has a good reputation on FTE.Mud_Man_Dude has a good reputation on FTE.
I had a stent put in the first of the year. In my words, the mud pump is fine but the Kelly Hoses are kinda clogged up. Anyway, I dropped 35 pounds over 6 months just by following doc's instructions. If it is made of bread or tastes good, don't eat it. Isn't a hard diet to stay on, I'm kinda motivated to eat healthy. Being Oilfied trash it almost Sacrilege not to eat chicken fried steak or cheese enchiladas everyday.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:11 PM
Posting Guru

RigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud ofRigTrash601 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud_Man_Dude View Post
I had a stent put in the first of the year. In my words, the mud pump is fine but the Kelly Hoses are kinda clogged up. Anyway, I dropped 35 pounds over 6 months just by following doc's instructions. If it is made of bread or tastes good, don't eat it. Isn't a hard diet to stay on, I'm kinda motivated to eat healthy. Being Oilfied trash it almost Sacrilege not to eat chicken fried steak or cheese enchiladas everyday.
You got that right George!
IDK who came up with the Gulf of Mexico menu but, no matter what company or rig you are on it's basically this:
Sunday: Fried Chicken / Chilli
Monday: Slop day! (no telling what they'll cook)
Tuesday: Steak Day
Wednsday: Free day (see Monday) out here it's usually Chinese
Thursday: Mexican (out here at least)
Friday: Seafood
Saturday: Steak day ............
They do some things fairly well, according to what cooks you have, one rig I was on had mostly Europeans on it.....throw the above menu away, was able to shed some pounds on it! Those folks just don't get it when it comes to food.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Posting Guru

Dakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to all
Welp doing the sleep apnea test tonight... So we shall see. That can also affect your ability to lose weight.
Old 09-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakster View Post
Roy are those on your diet? They are not on mine...

That label reading advice is important. I have found "diet" or "no sugar added" items that are almost worse than the regular product itself. Low salt means they only added 1 pound of salt, instead of 1.1 pounds of it.

So, yes, you gotta cook things for yourself.
No...the jelly beans are a no-no.........
2010 41'-6" Raptor 5th Wheel..........."Veterans earn our freedom..... Politicians take away freedoms"
Old 09-04-2014, 11:29 PM
Posting Guru

Dakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to allDakster is a name known to all
What I really need is twice a day workbench time... That would get the weight off...
Old 09-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Sailor

Sailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputationSailor_Roy has a superb reputation
Quote:
What I really need is twice a day workbench time... That would get the weight off...
Ask your Cardiologist to write a Rx for that.........

2010 41'-6" Raptor 5th Wheel..........."Veterans earn our freedom..... Politicians take away freedoms"
Old 09-04-2014, 11:59 PM
Posting Guru

ROR... Roy- not a bad idea. Want me to have him write one for you too.
Old 09-05-2014, 12:29 AM
Sailor

Quote:
ROR... Roy- not a bad idea. Want me to have him write one for you too.
Don't need one........Life is Good
Old 09-05-2014, 05:37 AM
Canadian Trucker

GIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputationGIGGER has a superb reputation
Howdy guys, is this the Jenny Craig show now......... TTYL
Gerry- .... Slackmaster #23
2006 Mustang vert, Windveil Blue,
2010 Forest River Sand Piper 345RET 40ft Fiver
Old 09-05-2014, 07:06 AM
Posting Guru

golfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy View Post
Ask your Cardiologist to write a Rx for that.........

Under the current healthcare laws, with everyone getting screwed, it just might work!
2012 Sandpiper 365 SAQ weighing in at 15k
Old 09-05-2014, 07:12 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
Under the current healthcare laws, with everyone getting screwed, it just might work!
Under the current healthcare laws, it's more of a "sexual assault"
Old 09-05-2014, 07:15 AM
Posting Guru

golfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant futuregolfmedik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by RigTrash601 View Post
Under the current healthcare laws, it's more of a "sexual assault"
2012 Sandpiper 365 SAQ weighing in at 15k
Old 09-05-2014, 07:17 AM
Postmaster

720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future
Well that prescription would probably work out as good for you as a snake bit Lone Ranger! For those of you that never heard the joke: The Lone Ranger is behind a bush taking a leak and gets bit by a rattlesnake right in the worst place imaginable. He sends Tonto to the nearest town to get the doctor. Tonto returns empty handed telling the Lone Ranger that the doctor couldn't come but told him what to do. LR says well what do we do. Tonto replies, Dr. say you gonna die Kemosabe!

2011 F-350 FX4 Ultimate Lariat CC LB 3.55 w/factory 20s
Old 09-05-2014, 07:17 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
awesome, canada, fiat, gigger 100k, great friends, h&s, leisure suit darren, never finish second, polaris sucks, roys a daddy, savage rocks, scouts, superduty, wheelers, workbench