6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

This is prolly a 1 page thread at most

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2014, 08:12 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Howdy Mr. Gerry.........

The garage project has got to be exciting......You will have a great Facility in a couple of weeks.......

Aug 29th we head back to Winnett MT to apply the water sealing transparent stain to the Trailer House Skirting. Two coats......so, two days.

Then back to Great Falls. 2nd of Sept is the Sentencing hearing for Theresa's attacker.....her dad.....

Old 08-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by riden82
Well went almost 4 years without anyone else behind the driver seat of my truck. My wife's explorer needs a repair nothing serious but we decided not drive it until we get it to the shop tomorrow afternoon for the repair on Tuesday. My 5'2 120 pound blond haired wife has been driving with the kids in my 11 CC SB 6.7 PSD w/ H&S MM w/ SPE hotx tune for the last 4 days.its a hilarious sight.

It's ok though gives me more time on the Harley Davidson.

Just sharing a short story.
Any speeding tickets yet....

Old 08-17-2014, 08:23 PM
riden82
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Any speeding tickets yet....
Haha no, I thought for sure I was going to get one a few weeks ago. Got stopped doing 74 in a 55 at 430 in the morning. Drove away with a warning.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:13 AM
Dakster
Lead Driver
Received 111 Likes on 37 Posts
Needs some direction here. I dropped my iPhone 4 (16gb) and broke the back glass - to the point I get splinters of glass in my hand when I hold it. So I need to get a new phone. This one has served its life and is basically around 4 years old.

Debating between an iPhone 5 and a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Any thoughts from the group.

Note: Not intending to start a phone brand war... Just trying to get what you think of your phone if you have one or the other.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:44 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Originally Posted by Dakster
Needs some direction here. I dropped my iPhone 4 (16gb) and broke the back glass - to the point I get splinters of glass in my hand when I hold it. So I need to get a new phone. This one has served its life and is basically around 4 years old.

Note: Not intending to start a phone brand war... Just trying to get what you think of your phone if you have one or the other.
Get a 1970's bell phone..... Black..rotary dial....you can drop it and it won't break.

Or.......I use an LG G2 and am very happy with it.

Old 08-18-2014, 04:58 AM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Rise and Shine........It is Saturday #1, morning.........

Old 08-18-2014, 05:33 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,160 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Morning !

Old 08-18-2014, 07:21 AM
EO2SeaBee
Hotshot
Received 95 Likes on 45 Posts

Dak, sux about dropping your phone. I have two thoughts on your question. 1) I own an iPhone 5s and it is really nothing special. I used to own a few Androids and I liked them as well, but iPhone is what I'm used to now. 2) If your only issue with you iPhone is the busted back glass, but it still works, you can either have the glass replaced, or buy a cover - such as an OtterBox - and protect yourself from the splinters.

Good morning Gang. Today is a day away from the job for me, but I have chores and errands to keep me busy for most of the day. I'm slowly getting things together for my trip out of town this time next week. Have a great day!

Old 08-18-2014, 07:42 AM
PlayersZ28
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What no Otterbox case? My iPhones have always been in one and so far multiple falls and no damage.

If you've used iOS for 4 yrs then it'll be a harder switch unless you are techy and want to relearn an OS. If you're still under contract and paying full pop for the phone then maybe just do as Doug says and put it in a case until end of contract, assuming all else works on it. I have a Nexus phone as well and I use my iPhone 99% of the time.

Old 08-18-2014, 07:46 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

we just finished switching out our last iPhone for galaxy's.. mostly for the bigger displays. I just upgraded to the Note 3, cause I kept turning off my S4 with my big hands. (power button on the side instead of top like iPhone)

most of the user interface differences are gone now-a-days. mostly having a back button on android makes things a little more easy once u get used to it.

of course with android, I can now use the Torque Pro app to monitor the truck vitals & reset codes if needed.. (I just published a plugin for TP to add the 6.7 PIDs instead of have to add them manually, see the TP PIDS topic for instructions)..

Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 AM
Iowa Ford
Post Fiend
Received 287 Likes on 132 Posts
Rise and Shine........It is Saturday #1, morning.........
Roy , it might feel like Saturday to you at 5am, but it's Moanday here!! ROR

Old 08-18-2014, 08:54 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Good morning guys, It's Monday, it's back to the paying job for me. Bronco parts, Bronco parts, Bronco parts. I gotta stay focused.

Ron, Glad you made it home safe. Four wheeler and Boat swap at the same time? Sounds like to much fun.

Andre, Glad you got to go to the races!

Not to worry Dak.........
Tim has a shovel, wheelbarrow and Maria has a wip........

Thanks for the help Roy, I read this to Maria she smiled and said she knows how to use it to.

Old 08-18-2014, 08:55 AM
SavageNFS
Hotshot
Received 7,061 Likes on 2,214 Posts
Good morning guys!
We had such a great time yesterday. Kids got to meet some driver's. Listened to the race on the RE radios on ABC's dime. Free food, drink (BEER), hats, t-shirts, can coolers, ear plugs and posters. They really put on a good spread

Dak...I love the Samsung Galaxy line, but the iPhone's are decent as well. Go try them out and see which one makes you giggle the most

Old 08-18-2014, 09:08 AM
Tim Young
Hotshot
Received 3,564 Likes on 1,425 Posts
Andre, Glad you had a good time, even better it was on someone else's dime.

Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 AM
720Deere
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SavageNFS
Dak...I love the Samsung Galaxy line, but the iPhone's are decent as well. Go try them out and see which one makes you giggle the most

This is great advice. The technology is there on both, it is more personal preference than anything else.

I have had Android phones in recent years and have been on the Galaxy S5 for a little over 2 months now, but my son has an iPhone 5c that he loves. The kids started out on iPods so the iPhone transition was a natural to them. I personally believe that Apple has some great technology, but they are real a-holes when it comes to industry standardization. Everything is proprietary with them. Chances are no matter where I am, I will be able to find a micro USB cable of some sort to charge my phone if I don't have my cable with me. With the iPhones, you are at the mercy of other iPhone users if they have their cable on them and if their phone has enough battery capacity that they can share the cable with you.

Battery life is the biggest difference that I see between the two. The Samsung commercials are not just hype. My general superintendent has an iPhone 5 and can't make it past 2:00 without charging. Many days my phone streams music to a bluetooth speaker on my desk plus serves all of its phone duties all day long and at 9:00 pm I still have 30-40% battery life. I have run it out of juice before, but it is usually 8 or 9 before it dies and that takes a day of extremely heavy internet usage. The other issue with the batteries is you can have a spare charged battery to swap out on the Samsung. The iPhone battery is not serviceable.

Again all of my points are personal preference. When the company bought all new phones, I had my choice and my preference to stay android was based on my hatred of Apple business practices, not the phone itself. We bought like 20 iPhones and 3 Galaxy S5s. I don't see anybody on either side of the fence have capability issues.

Andre, sounds like you had a blast at the track! Corporate hospitality is amazing at races. 15 years ago my company had 8 tickets in a suite at Dover. I always got a seat for the June race. We were fed a decent meal and all you could drink, but none of the other hospitality items. It didn't take us long to find the right people/group in our suite that was willing to include us in their hospitality packages. I always felt sorry for the poor schlubs sitting out in the hot sun in crowded bleacher seats watching the race. Now I am one of those schlubs, but I still love it. I was just glad to have had the opportunity to live the good life for a few years!

Quick Reply: This is prolly a 1 page thread at most