Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.
timmyboy76 seadooya
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman2440 View Post
I also run their raw power pump, and it works great. Their customer service is second to none, always quick to respond, and make the customer happy!
I couldnt agree with you more. My first pump..(wvo designs) was leaking at install. Gave them a call, and in 3days..(in CA), pump at door. Been work'n for 10k+ now. Dropshipped my other.

"from reading" threads/other forums...people have their opinions. Til now, i have no complaints. I figure, the $500 spent, thats 100 buks a year, with warranty. With all the r/d in these pumps, with the pricing, i figure, i was in good hands. A buddy of mine run'n wvo, also uses his oem ford pump, but he also carries a few spares as well. From what he's said/been thru, i didnt want to go that route. Now, what your say'n Jason, it leaves an "avenue" for if/when, knock on wood, theres an issue...but, i leave my d2 full, have a switch connected to my d2 pump, so if prob does arise, flip switch and back on road, unless not wvo related
TIM...PAA#113....plenums inserts, hpx, frx, 50 cent, gauges, trans-coolant-oil DIY by-pass systems, H/H mod, DIY WVO system..208k and counting
Old 09-21-2012, 05:23 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyboy76 View Post
A buddy of mine run'n wvo, also uses his oem ford pump, but he also carries a few spares as well. From what he's said/been thru, i didnt want to go that route.
The only people I know of having problems have too fine of a filter pre-pump. These pumps don't like that. The best way to use the PSD pumps is to have just a strainer/screen before the pump and loop the return, so you minimize the strain on the pump.

For $40ea, buy (2) and have a spare to run if ya need to use the warranty!
Old 09-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.
timmyboy76 seadooya
Ya Jay, just like everything else. Theirs the do-ers and dont do-ers. You read where, in this example...where they ran oem pumps, and fail miserably. Then theres yours' threads, where,...i'm glad i didnt spend the money, cuz my oem pumps are kick'n ****. Considering "this" source, i now wish i atleast gave an oem pump a shot. Hell, whats the worst case, 40 buks, but a warranty gives me a new one to re-try.

I dont see why you'd want a filter b4 the pump. Since, the extense of filtering that was done prior to filling up the wvo tank.

I'm re-doing my d2 side. Since the pump investment, i might as well utilize its working strength. Gonna tap into the d2 fuel line with a 3-way. Bring the line over to another 3-way, then to wvo pump. I want to run both sides off same pump, and leave my oem d2 pump alone for the if/when scenerio. I WANT MY 500 BUKS WORTH outta the pump.
TIM...PAA#113....plenums inserts, hpx, frx, 50 cent, gauges, trans-coolant-oil DIY by-pass systems, H/H mod, DIY WVO system..208k and counting
Old 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM
New User

CanadianBlake is starting off with a positive reputation.
Fair comments about the CV system.

Which Airtex pump did you use?

I can't see to get the vegistroke folks to return emails or calls. I'm assuming that's who Dave is?

I should be able to get the hoses and fittings through them right?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBlake View Post
Fair comments about the CV system.

Which Airtex pump did you use?

I can't see to get the vegistroke folks to return emails or calls. I'm assuming that's who Dave is?

I should be able to get the hoses and fittings through them right?
Its a stock-replacement pump from autozone/oriellys/etc.

Dave is veggiegarage.com - he is a dealer for BFT (Vegistroke) and stocks and sells parts for maintaining and 'upgrading' Vegistroke systems and a variety of conversions. He is a great guy and has QUALITY parts at reasonable prices.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels