Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to the August Chat thread !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Welcome to the August Chat thread !!!!!!!

Welcome to the August chat !!!

Good Morning everyone !!!

We have made it into a new month !!!! I can finally say we go home next month !!!! I was running a range again yesterday, It was mid 90's, sun beating down and no wind at all. I was so beat after getting done yesterday afternoon. It seemed I had all the people that had trouble zeroing their weapon. We were there for hours and hours but finally got everyone completed.

Silo, I like the CB, I have not had one in years and years. Hope everyone has an outstanding day !!!!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Received 1,891 Likes on 1,142 Posts
Mornin' GA friends!

We got a NICE rain/t-storm last nite! The precipitation is very welcome here and was a nice change after just finishing a nearly 2500mi trip across PARCHED Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas. We saw A LOT of thirsty and already dead corn crops...

I'll start a GTG thread and put links in the other forums I visit. We are gonna throw 8/25 out and see what we get! Just remember, its officially a GTG if more than one person shows up!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:39 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good Morning Everyone,
We finally got some rain yesterday. It came down at 5 PM with rain, thunder and lighting and pea size hail. This morning was so cool BUT on the range it was blitering. I shot 36 out of 40 on the pistol range.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:08 PM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Hey everyone,
Been really busy here the last 2 weeks. Looks like we have someone interested in our house !!!!! They are coming to look at it next weekend. Man, I hope they make an offer. I have this weekend off, so going to chill around the room and veg. Hope you all have a great weekend !!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 03:32 AM
ShadowSnowLeopard
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello - OTP west body shops?

thought this would be a good thread to say hello on. I drove my '66 home last night finally. Fresh oil change and new tires. Now the discovery process starts. So far the only things not working are the a/c, left brake light and the horn. There are a couple "oddities" the previous owner installed so it should be fun. Any recommendations on a local restoration body shop? The truck has very minute amounts of surface rust right now so I would Like to get paint done while it is still in such good shape.

Oh, and from the earlier posts, what is GTG?

Old 08-04-2012, 07:28 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Welcome Leopard and it's good to have you here !!!!!

A GTG is a Get together. Congrats on the new to you truck. Discovering what past owners have done is sometimes really brings out the SUPRISE sometimes !!!!! I have pulled 40 feet of wire off of mine that went to crazy stuff or use to be crazy stuff that was no longer there.

As for shops we have a thread on this : https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...endations.html I do not live in the Atlanta area so I would be of no use on shops in that area.

We are glad you are here and hope you come back on a regular basis and drop in. Keep us up to date on how the truck is coming.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ShadowSnowLeopard
thought this would be a good thread to say hello on. I drove my '66 home last night finally. Fresh oil change and new tires. Now the discovery process starts. So far the only things not working are the a/c, left brake light and the horn. There are a couple "oddities" the previous owner installed so it should be fun. Any recommendations on a local restoration body shop? The truck has very minute amounts of surface rust right now so I would Like to get paint done while it is still in such good shape.

Welcome and congrats on the cool truck! Like Chief, the first order of business for every vehicle I've ever owned was removing all the hack-job wiring added by PO's (previous owners)...

I don't know any body shops down there, but wish you luck. I'm about to drop my dually off at a shop that I was not proud of last time I had a fender-bender. It looked OK, but they didn't fix some 'extra' stuff I wanted done and did not recover $300 worth of coolant as well as some overspray on the engine and a couple other minor gripes. The owner is friends with my parents and was out of town when the previous work was done. We will have a longer talk than last time and I will make my expectations clear - and just hope for the best. The problem is these guys do 'production work' and see my 350k mile work truck as a place to cut corners.

I hope you can make it to our 'GTG'! We always have a good time hanging out and checking out everyone's projects.

The boys and I are gonna straighten up the garage today and may take the Toyota rockcrawler to the trail -Beasely **** OHV area! We've prolly had enough rain that we'll need to pull out the winch line, but that's fun too!

Old 08-07-2012, 05:10 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
Good Morning everyone,
Sorry I have not been on. It has been crazy the last few days. I have been working on getting into a new unit when I get home since I can't stay in the one I am in. Still plugging away at it till the new folks show up. Got pounded last night in our softball game. But we had some awesome burgers off the grill after the game.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:55 AM
SkySkiJason
Hotshot
Good mornin' GA! Getting my boy ready for the 3rd day of 6th grade... It was like yesterday we where getting ready for pre-k - where did the time go???

Old 08-07-2012, 11:45 AM
ChiefM
FTE Chapter Leader
I know the time just flashes by. My daughter has changed so much, (from little girl to young woman) since I have been gone, man i'm getting old.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:38 PM
460 FORD MAN
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good afternoon everyone! It's clowdy in my area today but I hope the rain holds off for a little bit so I can get out and tinker with my truck. I know I'm late with the Georgia Stickers , but a limb fell on my roof so I'm getting that taken care of. I promise I haven't forgot!! I'v got them ready to order on my computer so all I got to do is pay for them and shipping.

I also have a set of 4, 46 inch Michelin Military Surplus tires I need to get rid of. $400 Sell or trade for some 35's. Check them out and tell me if ya intrested.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...l#post12105503

Old 08-07-2012, 02:08 PM
Grubbworm
Cargo Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ShadowSnowLeopard

I don't know about the Douglasville area, but we have a couple here in Acworth. I took mine to Dempsey's Body Shop, Woodstock, Georgia, (770) 974-2995. The owners name is Jack Dempsey. There is also another one here, Kennedy's Body Shop, Acworth, Georgia, (770) 974-5616. Both are excellent and do very nice custom rod work. I have some pictures of the little bit of work that I had them do here; https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ild-log-4.html

Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM
chuckg's03
New User
Hey ShadowSnow Leapord, I live in West Ga as well but the only REALLY good body shop I know of is the one at the Ford dealer in Villa Rica - Don-Rich Ford. I know the owners on a personal level, good bunch of guys and they do great body and paint. The downside is that you pay dealer shop rates.

Old 08-07-2012, 04:30 PM
chuckg's03
New User
Hey Chief, have you heard anything else about the chapter decals/stickers? I posted in that thread today.

DISREGARD! Just read 460 Ford Man's post completely............

Old 08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
siloketh
Senior User
A buddy of mine's mom starts cancer chemo the 14th this month. He told me there would be a mudbog fundraiser held for her in september near savannah. I will post more on it when I get the rest of the details. Its not an FTE event but just a mudbog for a friend of the family.

Quick Reply: Welcome to the August Chat thread !!!!!!!