Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Senior User

chamblizi is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ranchero Leaking oil!

Hey Phil Here I think i may have a pin whole in my oil pan... Some raggity eithopian women where driving a vehicle in front of me and mashed there break in kent curb bend to des moines in a "NO STOPPING ZONE" Fortunatly I pulled a quick action manuver which involved dead stopping then a side dodge with a extreme amount of gas.

On the way home i smelled a burning smell coming from my truck like a rubbery scent. I got to Auto Zone and opened my hood and there is oil splattered all on the passengers side fire wall and fender. I poked around and cleaned her up, I suspect it could have been a clogged cylinder head.... but when i got home i re checked under my vehicle after the initial wipe down at AZ and it appears that my oil pan is shooting out oil..... Not a whole bunch but enough from what i could be considered suspicious at my eye. When i got home once again it was soaked again... and oil is hitting my manifold.

Is there any other things that can cause oil to splatter like this? or is my assumption correct because i am sure that i did not blow anything out and throw a rod etc. i been noticing a few little specs of oil hitting the fire wall for a while.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Freshman User

parts4me is starting off with a positive reputation.
If your oil pan is leaking its not gonna blast all the way up onto your fenders. I assume your valve cover gasket is shot on that side.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:15 PM
New User

Randy713 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Check the PCV, it could be clogged. Something I don't need to worry about with a draft tube.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by parts4me View Post
If your oil pan is leaking its not gonna blast all the way up onto your fenders. I assume your valve cover gasket is shot on that side.

WELL the verdict on that was i changed my valve cover shortley before you replied 3 days ago i have not seen a drip of oil get shot out recently, but my engine is still overheating a tiny bit I added some coolant to her radiator and she is getting better each day, and with the increase of cold weather she cools more easy. Man, i did two 11 hour shifts this week just to be home is a blessing... I keep having mechanical customers keep asking for about issues. Looks like i am closing in on my dream.
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy713 View Post
Check the PCV, it could be clogged. Something I don't need to worry about with a draft tube.

my truck runs thru pcv valves like a fat person runs thru food.

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline