Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 PM
Freshman User

04Terminator is starting off with a positive reputation.
Trans, transfer case and diff after wreck ?'s

Well my truck was rear ended in park and moved about thirty feet, it was in park without the p-brake on. 01 350 cclb srw 7.3 auto lariat. Estimate on repairs is 8600$. My ?'s are could thes three items be damaged from the wreck? It started fine and I had to reverse it off of a retaining wall that the rf tire caught that broke the internals of the steering gear box. I know that there is a transmission engineer on here maybe he can chime in on this. I think I can post pictures at my 25th post got pics of his car too. Will post pics soon. Thanks adding some pics of the carnige. The fist pic of the steps and hand rail is where my truck was parked and the second is where it came to rest.

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by 04Terminator; 08-09-2012 at 02:18 AM. Reason: adding pics
Old 08-09-2012, 02:25 AM
Freshman User

A few more.

Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Posting Guru

bcaughhorn is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
B.j. Caughhorn
they can be damaged. i just talked to a guy in tx he got rearended and told me the ins put a new motor in his truck and they called him and wanted him to come down to look at the transfer case so he was thinking its broke too
99 mustang gt - typhoon intake, plenum, 75 mm tb, tfs .550 cams, msd, bassani mid length headers, bassani o/r x-pipe, magna flow side exhaust, roush body kit, 3:73 gears(my toy)
Old 08-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
They could be fine or they could be destroyed. It takes an onsite inspection to know.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 08-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Posting Guru

BadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to beholdBadDogKuzz is a splendid one to behold
Well like Mark said an on site inspection is the only real way to tell. But can you see any damage under the truck? Is the trans mount still centered? Any damage to trans or transfer case ? What does the drive shaft look like?

But by looking at the photos it does look like there is frame damage. What were they planning on doing with the frame? Make sure it goes to a body shop that has a frame machine and a measuring system that can give you a print out of before and after repairs. Machines like Shark, Chief's Velocity or CarOtronic. Trust me when I say you don't want some hillbilly pulling your frame and using a tape measure to see if it is in specs.
Ed PAA#121 "It's a sick world and I am a happy guy"
E99 F350 Lariat CC DRW 215k: 4" MBRP,up&down pipes coated/wrapped, bellows, T500, Kuzz4R100, TruCool, CCV with catch can, 50cent, E99 turbo/1.0 w.g.turbine, T.M. wastegate, EBPV delete,470-ohm, hutch/harpoon, A/C shim, K&N, Smoked lights

'76 E350 DRW/26' Holiday Ramber 460 4bl C6 : Autometer gauges
Old 08-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Freshman User

Crap this really bothers me, the bs is supposed to be very good. They did a great job on my cobra but it was minor damage. I just hate this cause I had waited a long time for this truck and it was a nice one. I'll do a visual inspection tomorrow see if I can get po'd any further. Thanks
Old 08-10-2012, 01:03 AM
Postmaster

timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.timmyboy76 has a great reputation on FTE.
timmyboy76 seadooya
get more "quotes". i could'nt imagine with it being in park, that it didnt screw something up. heck, i drove a mile to the first exit on a flat (p/s rear), and from that, the diff was all screwed up. Felt as though it was binding up, once i put the same size spare on.....anyway, good luck man, hope it works out for ya
TIM...PAA#113....plenums inserts, hpx, frx, 50 cent, gauges, trans-coolant-oil DIY by-pass systems, H/H mod, DIY WVO system..208k and counting
Old 08-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Post Fiend

ford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to allford390gashog is a name known to all
Well with the parking brake set it took the shock load off the parking pawl and your truck just skid on the tires once it broke traction so no real worries i think.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:50 AM
Post Fiend

Mark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputationMark Kovalsky has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford390gashog View Post
Well with the parking brake set it took the shock load off the parking pawl and your truck just skid on the tires once it broke traction so no real worries i think.
That would be true if he had the parking brake on. But he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04Terminator View Post
Well my truck was rear ended in park and moved about thirty feet, it was in park without the p-brake on.

If the parking pawl in the transmission were damaged you'd know it right away. The truck would be able to roll when the shifter was in park. If it holds in park then the park system still works.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
Old 08-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Freshman User

Thanks for the info anything else I should be looking at?
Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Posting Guru

carltonwebb has a very good reputation on FTE.carltonwebb has a very good reputation on FTE.carltonwebb has a very good reputation on FTE.carltonwebb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford390gashog View Post
I misread it too. I thought it was set as well until i read mark's post.

Old 08-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel