This is in northeast Ohio area. $1495
1987 Suzuki LT80. This machine had a complete frame off done last spring. At that time we replaced the front suspension with one from an LT160 so it has longer, wider, stronger A-arms, bigger shocks, bigger tie rods, etc, etc. We used the steering stem from the LT160 which is also much beefier. We powdercoated the frame and suspension components as well!
Additional photos can be seen here: https://picasaweb.google.com/1180616...08/LT80ForSale
Here is a link to the C/L add (same as listed here, really): LT80 - bored, ported, clutched! NICE!!
- Bored .50mm over
- Wiseco Piston
- New crank bearings and seals, new rear seals
- Clutch work -- rollers removed from drive clutch. Driven clutch weights lightened.
- Jack Moore ported intake and exhaust ports
- Head decked (shaved .020) -- higher compression but still runs pump gas (89 octane)
- Retained oil injection
- Powdercoated frame, A-arms, steering stem, etc.
- Split footpeg mod -- this splits the footpeg for easier removal for access to clutches
- Semi-polished engine case/swingarm
- 12T front sprocket (faster top end)
- New sprockets and chain (currently running #40 hardware chain but can run 420 O-ring chain as well)
- Teixeira 1-1/2" swingarm extension
- DG pipe
- Boyesen Reeds
- Uni filter
- ITP aluminum wheels
- Holeshot front tires, Turf saver rear
- LT160 conversion parts:
o Front brakes (drum)
o Steering stem
o Tie rods, tie rod ends
o Front and rear shocks
- Custom billet 2" rear axle extensions
- Custom front shock mounts
- Pull start -- starts first pull 90% of the time cold or hot!
- Factory thumb throttle so speed limiter screw could be reinstalled until rider is acclimated to the machine.
- Custom cut Cometic clutch cover gasket. Made from same material as the Harley-Davidson race bikes.
Issues: The front brakes need adjustment (tightened up). The back brake "sticks" which means I need to install a stronger spring. Both are minor adjustment issues that I will remedy over the next couple of days.
This machine needs a new owner and is ready for your graphics package!! I have extra set of rear wheels/tires available (not incl. in purchase). Lots of guys buy these for pit bikes b/c they are so tough. If you have pit bike races with your buddies, you will have the advantage with this bike!!
These are extremely popular machines because of their durability. The LT80 was virtually unchanged from its introduction in 1986 until 2005 making parts easily accessible. The Kawasaki KFX80 is identical except for the color (and name, obviously).
This is a quick little machine. Perfect for someone who may have purchased one of those Chinese or Taiwan-made knock-off POS machines and is ready to upgrade!! This machine has the factory thumb throttle so if you wanted to reinstall a screw for the throttle-limiter for a lesser-experienced rider you can do so.
No way could you do all this to a machine for the price we are asking!! To buy a Japanese made equivalent, you will spend a LOT more and THEN you will have to do all the upgrades!
AWESOME machine and willing to negotiate if offer is reasonable. Cash ONLY!!!!
'02 F-250 Super Duty 5.4L XLT 4x4 SCLB, '09 bed/gate/step/cam, '07 front conversion, SPD Y-pipe, SS dual 2.5 w/MBRP tips, Gibson shortys, PowerSlot Cryos, Hawk pads, A-pillar triple pod, optima bluetop, dual-core radiator, Bilsteins, 295/70R17 Nittos on Raceline Predators, K&N, Back Rack, SCT w/5star tunes, Warn lockouts, several anti-theft devices
Click --->HERE<-- to join the OHIO Chapter!!