Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Senior User

ramrod7373 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Edge Evolution

I had a old Superchip in the truck when I bought it. It was losing connection and making my truck die at wierd times. Took it out and no problems for about a year and bam my computer went out. Put a re-built computer in there and all is fine. Just wanting a little more power up hills towing my travel trailer. Called Superchips and they said I could trade it in on a Edge product.
I choose the Evolution because I didn't have to do anything else to my truck. Plus I got it for $100 and they retail for over $350. Only use it in tow mode. Sometimes it will make my speedo jump around. I never did this when it was stock. It runs fine otherwise. Anybody else have a problem like this w/ an Edge tuner?
My truck has 6637 and cat delete and 4" exhaust. Stock downpipe and that's it for upgrades.
Thnx
Old 08-08-2012, 09:30 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Shoulda stuck with the superchip.

The speedo jumping around shouldn't have anything to do with your PCM though. But then, the edge is a programmer, not a tuner. So, if it changes some weird thing I dont' know about then. *Shrugs*

The VSS and that's in the rear axle and that controls the Speedo.

Check the connection on it and make sure its tight and clean.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:42 AM
FOREIGN GURU

RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod7373 View Post
I had a old Superchip in the truck when I bought it. It was losing connection and making my truck die at wierd times. Took it out and no problems for about a year and bam my computer went out. Put a re-built computer in there and all is fine. Just wanting a little more power up hills towing my travel trailer. Called Superchips and they said I could trade it in on a Edge product.
I choose the Evolution because I didn't have to do anything else to my truck. Plus I got it for $100 and they retail for over $350. Only use it in tow mode. Sometimes it will make my speedo jump around. I never did this when it was stock. It runs fine otherwise. Anybody else have a problem like this w/ an Edge tuner?
My truck has 6637 and cat delete and 4" exhaust. Stock downpipe and that's it for upgrades.
Thnx
Read this link:
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/11...rogrammer.html

96 F250, E40D, 2WD, 3.55, 145K. DIY intake-exhaust brake. DP 3-3.5" ceramic coated; HPX; GPR switch; Isspro gauges; shim FPR; Tru-cool; CCV mod; 4" SS exhaust; SS 5" tip; no cat; RacerX VB; TW 6p chip; 203*;140IDM;6.0IC; cristal clear lenses; fuel tank mod; AC cold mod; coolant filter.

«Primum non nosere» Drive safely !
Old 08-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Senior User

ramrod7373 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The superchip was the old style that plugged into the side of the computer. I wasn't going to plug it back in and have the same problem again. Superchip doesnt make a tuner/programmer for my truck so I went w/ the one I could afford w/ out doing alot of expensive upgardes to my truck. I didn't notice a difference when I pulled the old chip out anyway. I DO notice a big difference w/ my truck in tow mode though. So I will prob roll with it this way and see what happens. I will send Edge an e-mail and see what they say.
Thnx for the input
Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
Nothing wrong with edge, just most of us here are against any style of programmer because they reflash the PCM instead of bypassing the pcm, so if it has a failed flash, you have a toast PCM and gotta send it to somebody who can flash PCMs.

Thats all. =)
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:33 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel