Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Houston Area Tech Day GTG Part Deux!!!

Old 08-06-2012, 07:55 AM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Smile Houston Area Tech Day GTG Part Deux!!!

Everyone, I am pleased to announce another Houston Area Tech Day/GTG!

As many of you know, the last tech day was held January 21st, 2012 and was a great success.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...h-day-gtg.html

Pictures start here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...day-gtg-9.html

My Pictures and Narrative: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...ay-gtg-14.html

Faces were put to names, wrenches were turned, and trucks, as well as owners, left happy that day.

I haven't quite planned all the details yet, but based on a consensus of a few FTE'rs who attended the last Tech Day/GTG, October 27th, 2012 seems to be the best day for this. If the weather doesn't cooperate (i.e. Rain or other inclement weather) we'll move it back to November 3rd.

This is a great time to get those mods, heavy maintenance items, or fixes you've been putting off done. There will be PLENTY of skilled, experienced hands to help get the most complicated things done quickly.

Here are a few things that were done last tech day:

TXtinct- Hpx installed , Fuel Bowl Rebuild, and all new Glow Plugs.

Levimorris85- Guages installed and Hpx installed.

Swimholm- LPOP.

Coastie49- Coolant filter installed, fuel bowl rebuild, and blue fuel spring mod installed.

TXSailor- Glow Plugs.

RM2738- Full exhaust install with DPF delete.

While a few came to get their truck worked on, quite a few people actually came out not needing anything done to their truck, but to help others who needed help.

No matter what kind of Ford Truck you drive, whether you're a seasoned member of FTE or a newbie, and no matter what you need help with....let's all get together, turn some wrenches, put some faces to names, and have a great time!

Please RSVP and reply with whatever you may need done so I can start getting a head count together to determine how much room we're going to need. Thanks and look forward to seeing you all again!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:43 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be there, last one was fun and we got a lot done. I look forward to seeing everyone again.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Flyinstroke
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I wont be able to make either of those days. I am doing a 5K mud run on the 27th and on the 3rd my wife and I are photographing a wedding.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Sounds interesting. I should be able to make it, could use some help with neglected repairs such as:

1.) broken emergency parking brake cable, passenger rear

2.) broken cable for spare tire

3.) shifter cable adjustment, doesn't sit directly in "drive" when in drive.

Thanks in advance. Hope to be able to help the rest of you as well (even if it's just handing you all tools or turning a wrench myself).

Preston

Old 08-10-2012, 07:25 PM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
What side of H are you having it? West or NW is within reach for me. Don't have any problems, but wouldn't mind learning some Diesel stuff.

Old 08-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
I just got off the phone with David Yackley of Texas Auto Gear and he's agreed to host our Tech Day/GTG at his shop on FM 1488.

He's a close friend of mine and was more than happy to host the event...

Now the best part:

Those of you who attended January's Tech Day/GTG, know that we didn't have access to the shop and there were times we could have used a lift or special type of tool. Unlike January's event, we will have access to the lifts in the shop should somebody need: an exhaust installed, axles resealed, LPOP installed, a brake job, hubs rebuilt, V/B code spring mod, or anything that having the truck on a lift would make the job easier. A VERY nice and unexpected plus!

A few examples of jobs that could be done on tech day:

7.3- HPOP, LPOP, Injector install, fuel bowl rebuild, 38R install, turbo rebuild, glow plug replacement, bellowed up-pipe install, aside from pulling the motor and/or installing studs, chances are it can be done

6.0- injector replacement, Powermax Install, blue fuel spring mod, fuel bowl rebuild, coolant filter install, and most other mods and fixes aside from studs and an EGR delete.

V10, 5,4 V8, and others- Spark plugs, fuel filters, as well as those tough mods or maintenance items you could use an knowledgable extra hand for.

Even if you're not sure what may be wrong with your truck, myself and I'm sure others will have their AE on hand to diagnose and pinpoint whatever issues may be present.

I'll keep you all updated as things progress. If you have any questions or suggestions please PM me. Otherwise, spread the word and reply with what you need help with. Lets keep it going...

Old 08-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Where's 1488?

I priced a cable assembly for the spare tire at Tommie Vaughn Ford today, $175 and change. I'll have that with me for this get together.

New problem arose the other day, driver's side rear door won't open. Hopefully we can figure that out.

Thanks for setting this up TD, I'm really looking forward to this!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:53 PM
TXtinct
You'll shoot your eye out

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it's right off 45 north of the woodlands. About 210 miles NE of me.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Flyinstroke
I wont be able to make either of those days. I am doing a 5K mud run on the 27th and on the 3rd my wife and I are photographing a wedding.
awww............ would love to see u there, but tats ok. there's always next time. lol. also, i'd open a cold one for u.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
i missed the most recent one out by san antonio area, so i'm definitely gonna make myself present for this one.

wow, we're gonna have lifts. hmmm.......... some ofthe things i'm taking care of...... icp sensor, rear differential fluid and new cover install, etc etc. decisions decisions...... lol

ross, i was thinking of doing ARP headstuds on tat day. lol. i know. i got bad timing.

still, rain or shine, i have to be there! lol.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
My truck first!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by TXtinct
I think it's right off 45 north of the woodlands. About 210 miles NE of me.
I know I've been on it, just can't recall exactly where it is. I used to work all over that area last year.

You going to make it?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
i may show up in my kilt. i may be coming down from the texas renaissance festival in magnolia. i'll probably be wearing my kilt as a show of support for my scottish relatives. remember y'all, it aint a skirt.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:01 PM
Texas Chain Ring
Posting Guru
You can wear pantyhose as well if you want, as long as my truck goes first!

(remember, I have a camera and know how to use it!)

Old 08-15-2012, 11:14 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
lol. no worries. go ahead. i can wait. i've waited tis long, i'm sure i can wait.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Houston Area Tech Day GTG Part Deux!!!