General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Not going to my senior prom

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 12:04 AM
mbnv992
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi all, well I just about have had it with my prom date. I ordered everything, the limo my tux, and she has her dress. Just a while ago, she IM'ed me telling me she had a boyfriend, and that I was lucky she was still going with me at all. Now, keep in mind, I'm her Ex, and have dated on and off for quite some time, (a while ago), and this news just ****** me right off, as for I was planning on asking her out again, on the night of the prom. So, that's it, I've had it with her, I'm even taking her IM screen name off my buddy list I'm so angry. I wonder if its possible to get payment for the prepaid limo,and the Tux, forget as well, that goes back ? Oh well, either way, she'll never hear from me again. I think I'll just go to the prom with my truck, at least my truck has consideration.
Sorry guys, I had to vent.
Any of your proms ever go south like mine did 20 minutes ago. (its like 1:05 now in the AM, so I'll probably get no sleep anyway)

Last edited by mbnv992; 05-12-2003 at 12:13 AM.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:14 AM
Stomper4x4
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't feel bad, I spent my prom night helping a bud change an engine in his firebird. No date for me. Course I never asked anyone lol.

Take every breakup as a blessing bro. Ya it sucks, but leaves the door open for the "right" one. Someone that appreciates you, not dumps you. Hell she may even let you get those fancy new rims you want....and the...........and that...........oh need tools to do this........

I'm 32 and JUST this year found me a woman that lets me be me and do my thing and digs me for it. She rules. Hang in bro

Old 05-12-2003, 12:20 AM
big_daddy_velvet
Elder User

Getting a new date to the prom can't be THAT hard.
Here's a plan: let it be well known that she boned out like a chump and her detractors will begin appearing from the woodwork. Find the girl that despises her the most and take her to the prom.
You know, I'd just tell you to skip the bs and forget prom, but it sounds like you have already shekkeled out, so take her worst enemy and show her a good time.
That, or take your mom.
BDV

Old 05-12-2003, 04:01 AM
1997RangerXLT
Posting Guru

Try to find someone that wants the limo and take them with you when you cancel.

Old 05-12-2003, 06:11 AM
joezee
Senior User

hi: missed my prom also.at the time i didn't know many women because i went to a catholic all guys school.kind of a bummer and a blessing also. well anyway,several years later my friend and i would hang out at his house and he had a sister that was a senior.i was about 22 at the time.his mother pulled me aside to see if i would take her daughter to a prom.i told here...SURE.... so i asked her if she would go but i'm pretty sure she was reluctant at first.she thought i was pitying her for a bit.after a positive approach on my part she accepted.she also had a friend that was dateless also.i set her up on a blind date with another friend of mine for prom. here it is with 3-22 year olds and their dates for a prom from highschool.we had a blast their.their girlfriends thought it was so cool.you know, older guys at that time..........here's a suggestion,if you know a older girl as a friend,ask her to set you up for prom.blind date or not.it still will be fun.at least you have to look at it that way.......then several years later i wind up going out with a teacher for a few years and wound up going to proms for about 5 years in a row.that was cool too....good luck to you and i know for sure that someone would go with you.....ask around but don't wait to long....make her jealous and don't date her again.paybacks are a sun of a gun. some girls aren't worth it.ask a buddy if their sister would go with you.you'll make her feel very special and she'll remember you forever...............................joezee

Old 05-12-2003, 06:26 AM
Carlene
Admom
Received 188 Likes on 116 Posts

I sort of agree with BVD - All except the worst enemy part.

I think you should find another girl to take, show her a great time, have a great time yourself and when you run across your ex, just greet her with a polite "nice to see you" and go on your way. Biggest thing is not to let her see that you're mad or upset in any way. Kill her with kindness. She's not going to like the idea of you getting on with your life so easily.

Besides, you may find that the girl you do ask is fun and interesting.

Old 05-12-2003, 07:34 AM
truckfreak69
Posting Guru

Life goes on, show up by yourself and leave with a buncha kids..........most importantly have fun. I'm going with my girlfriend of a year and half so it wont be that exciting..........we're practically married as it is...because we spend most days watching tv lol.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:13 AM
SHartman
Senior User

My nephew had a bad prom this year. He went the whole nine yards... tux, limo, expensive dinner... then after the dance a bunch of his friends went to a beach house in Galveston. They found his date in bed with another guy. Neither she nor the other guy could understand why everyone else was so angry with them!

Old 05-12-2003, 09:46 AM
Ford_Six
Hotshot
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

My prom was horrible. I didn't really want to get a tux, as clean jeans and t-shirt is dressed up to me, but I did anyways. Couldn't afford a limo, so her parents drove us in there van. The band playing sucked, I think they specialized in feedback, and she wouldn't dance with me! I guess that is what I get for taking a girl that I was about to break up with anyways.

Old 05-12-2003, 02:31 PM
wabiker
Posting Guru

...Go stag, use the limo for the after hours party wagon for you and your TRUE friends...Then rub it in her face at the 10yr Reunion...
...Run an ad in the paper telling the world what smuck she is...

Old 05-12-2003, 03:10 PM
mbnv992
Posting Guru
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hi all,

Thanks for your positive comments, because something positive DID come out of this.

Here's what I did, I typed her up a nice "never see ya, get lost" E-mail, and it turns out that the limo company DID refund my $550 for the night. SOOOO, I went out and got a Diablo Chip, and the 3 gauge pillar thing, and I'm having it put in the night of the prom LOL

Thanks again,

Mike

Old 05-12-2003, 04:18 PM
MW95F250
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This year my date got sick from eating chicken that won't done. So I had to rush her home before she messed up my grandmother's new Lincoln Town Car I was driving at 11:30. It went good til then. We were planning on going to a movie afterwards, oh well, there's always next year. She said she liked me and that she had a good time, but she said she didn't want to go out again til she graduates next month. She's getting ready to go to college and she told me that she wanted a lot of time to sort those things out. She can have all the time she wants.......... but I would like to take her out again. Good luck to those who are getting ready to go to your proms.

My cost this year:
Car: 2002 Lincoln Town Car: Free
Gas: $10
Tuxedo: $100
Food: $25
Tickets (hers and mine): $75

Not too bad, I think, well, except for her getting sick.

Old 05-12-2003, 07:37 PM
BobbyL
Senior User

You kids today. I dropped out of high school the day after my seventeenth birthday and joined the Coast Guard. I was on the north atlantic bustin fisherman during my high school classes prom.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:40 PM
mustange70
Post Fiend

My prom this year (junior) sucked. What happened was that after me and my friend (we double dated) picked up our dates we headed up to Lethbridge AB and went to the Keg. This restraunt is a really nice one and has great food. Anyway after we ordered while we were waiting my friend starts finding water or something on his tux. And shorty after this we discovered that it was ketuchup. Then my friends date finds it on her dress on the only white part of it, then I find it on my tux (its was all silver). What happened was that when our waiter served the table next to us he spilled the stuff and stepped in it. Anyway we got a free meal out of it and my friend and his date went and got stuff to get the stains out to. This wrecked the rest of the evening for me and my date and my friend and his date's to. My was so pretty and after at the dance it hurt me to see like she was cause i like her a lot and wanted to ask her out. But she left early (i had to stay and help clean up a bunch of stuff cause my class decorated) and after wards we had a good time at the party she had.

Old 05-12-2003, 08:48 PM
alanscott
Posting Guru

Originally posted by mbnv992
IM'ed me telling me she had a boyfriend, and that I was lucky she was still going with me at all.

Uhh...I hope you wait to the last minute to mention this to her, I mean, the "VERY LAST" minute

Quick Reply: Not going to my senior prom