Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
August GTG!!! --8/25-- Cool off in the Mtns!

GTG in the GA mountains!! Come cool off at Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee, GA and enjoy a cookout/pot luck lunch. We are tentatively going to meet at the Ga Mountain Fairgrounds Campground and use a pavilion to cook a late-afternoon lunch. Make your campground reservations at Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds: Hiawassee, Georgia: Country Music Capital of Georgia ASAP! There are other places for tent camping and full hook-ups, just let me know if ya need help finding a site. There are also hotel rooms and lots of cabins for rent in the area.

I'll have our ski boat in the lake all weekend and will be happy to pull you around! We have a 'barefoot boom', which make teaching beginners (especially kids) really easy. There is a playground, a sandy beach and a great swimming area. There are waterfalls and short, scenic hikes nearby as well as shopping, flea markets, antiques, etc.

Having been to several FTE GTG's around the country, I think we are missing out here in GA... The groups I've hung out with were filled with great people and it seems we never have enough time to visit. This area is beautiful and generally MUCH cooler than the rest of the state, so come enjoy it with us.

Soooooo, I was thinking about a 3pm meal, that way those traveling home won't be too late?? I'll bring enough burgers/dogs/buns for whoever comes and we'll start a list in case you want to bring something! For those coming to camp, I'm sure we'll have another feast after dark and a big breakfast on Sunday AM!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Posting Guru

joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.
Jason,
I am in If I have a running truck!!
2003 F250 LARIAT 7.3PSD,RHN Member,Fresh Forged Rod Motor,BTS trans,6.0 Trans cooler,DP F6 LIVE TUNED ,FF 300/200 Hybrid injectors,Snow Tow Max water/meth,Hi V/F IDM,BW S468 Turbo w/T4 mount,Terminator DUAL HPOP,AFE Stage 2 XP Pro 5R Intake,ISSPRO ev2 Guages,AirDog 150 w/sump,Walbro fuel pump,SD Regulated Return,XRF front end,Red Head steering box,4.56 Yukon gears,6" BDS lift,37" Toyo tires,Armed with Infinity,& on&on&on
Old 08-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Postmaster

SkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant futureSkySkiJason has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyd61 View Post
Jason,
I am in If I have a running truck!!
I sure hope you have a running truck!! Its been long enough!

Can we get ya to bring some of those killer boiled peanuts???
Old 08-01-2012, 08:58 PM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm not sure if I'm in or out. I'll have to see what comes my way. Thanks for the invite!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Junior User

JustinXTLR is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are we talking about this weekend. My truck is in the body shop. Thanks to a semi that side swipped me and then took off
Old 08-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Elder User

Alex from GA is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there. If you don't mind seeing an old rusty truck that gets used. It's less than 50 miles from my house.
Old 08-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Posting Guru

joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.joeyd61 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySkiJason View Post
I sure hope you have a running truck!! Its been long enough!

Can we get ya to bring some of those killer boiled peanuts???
Boiled peanuts it is...
2003 F250 LARIAT 7.3PSD,RHN Member,Fresh Forged Rod Motor,BTS trans,6.0 Trans cooler,DP F6 LIVE TUNED ,FF 300/200 Hybrid injectors,Snow Tow Max water/meth,Hi V/F IDM,BW S468 Turbo w/T4 mount,Terminator DUAL HPOP,AFE Stage 2 XP Pro 5R Intake,ISSPRO ev2 Guages,AirDog 150 w/sump,Walbro fuel pump,SD Regulated Return,XRF front end,Red Head steering box,4.56 Yukon gears,6" BDS lift,37" Toyo tires,Armed with Infinity,& on&on&on
Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinXTLR View Post
Are we talking about this weekend. My truck is in the body shop. Thanks to a semi that side swipped me and then took off
Nope - 8/25 is 3 weeks away, plenty of time to get out of the body shop!! Sucks about the semi though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex from GA View Post
Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there. If you don't mind seeing an old rusty truck that gets used. It's less than 50 miles from my house.
Alex, we'd love to see you and your rusty 'ole truck! We like to see trucks that work for a living.

Quote:
Boiled peanuts it is...
Awesome, thanks!!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:14 PM
Junior User

beachcomer1962 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dang going to be out of town. Hate I'll miss it maybe next time.thanks for the invite though
Old 08-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Posting Guru

460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.
207 miles, 4 hour drive one way...I gotta think about that one
Old 08-03-2012, 07:12 AM
Posting Guru

Well, the truck didnt make RRE and it is not looking promising on the 25th eather. It appears I need a good diesel mechanic..
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460 FORD MAN View Post
207 miles, 4 hour drive one way...I gotta think about that one
Come up and camp out with us! It's not too hot to tent camp now - 60's at night - and it could be even cooler in a couple weeks.

Quote:
Well, the truck didnt make RRE and it is not looking promising on the 25th eather. It appears I need a good diesel mechanic..
Want me to come get it? Gimme a call and tell me what's up now.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Senior User

majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.majkthreads is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Might be there, we'll know closer.
Old 08-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Junior User

Varkwso is starting off with a positive reputation.
I may be running at Atlanta Motorsports Park that weekend.
Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM
Postmaster

(2) more weeks!!!!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter