Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,131 Likes on 1,682 Posts
Good morning everyone......

Old 08-15-2012, 09:36 AM
67nukeford
Super Moderator
Received 221 Likes on 180 Posts
Good morning Nevada , happy Hump Day! Last day of my extended staycation, I go see the doc tomorrow morning, to get my work clearance, and head back to the plant after that. Bummer!

Old 08-15-2012, 09:47 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning Gerry, Pat, & everyone else,

It's the middle of the week, so let's get to humpin'! Have a awesome Wednesday guys & gals.

Today, I'm expecting a guy to come over & test drive our 98 Plymouth Neon & possibly trade his 92 Ninja 600d for it! He should be here around noon. I'll let you know if I get it & post pictures.

TTYL...

Old 08-15-2012, 09:51 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Sounds good Donna, good luck with that

Old 08-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 120 Likes on 116 Posts
Happy humpy day Nevada! Spent most of the day at the doctor's office, then the ER. Ended up walking out of the ER after 3 hours of waiting. I am still alive so it must not have been too serious. LOL. The doctor's appointment was a follow up for the knee injury, and my right leg from the knee down is swollen up. They suspect a blod clot, and sent me to ER to have an ultra sound, but ER was way too crowded, and after 3 hours of waiting, and hearing the nurse say it will be an additional 2 hours, I decided to leave.

I will be at the VA hospital tomorrow, I will see if they can do an ultra sound while I am there.

Donna, Christmas in August! I love it! Two new for you boats, and now possibly a Ninja bike? Santa does work in the off season!

Jim

Old 08-15-2012, 06:51 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
They suspect a blod clot, and sent me to ER to have an ultra sound, but ER was way too crowded, and after 3 hours of waiting, and hearing the nurse say it will be an additional 2 hours, I decided to leave.
I will be at the VA hospital tomorrow, I will see if they can do an ultra sound while I am there.
Jim
Jim, Let me try to share something with you, PLEASE !!! I too, had a a blood clot in my lower right leg ... IT CAN kill you !!! "DVT" mine was from a flight cross country to VA. I waited till the next morning and ended up in the hospital for a week (ugly nurses too) ... it has bugged me since then ... Nov.2001 !!! If I was there, for your own good I would drive you to the VA and let them know what is going on... Sorry to be so direct, but I feel very strongly about this issue, because I had a friend die from the clot moving from his leg to the heart ... just sayin !!! Dave

Old 08-15-2012, 09:46 PM
madrid london
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C700 band truck

hi, Tom here; a Henderson Basic High School band booster parent. we have acquired a 1973 JC Penney 24' dry van. we are pitting some lipstick on this "pig" and one day she'll be the PROM QUEEN!!!!
i was talking to the auto shop teacher who is in a classic car group and i told me one of their guys has a C600 "68 maybe.....would be happy to talk shop, swap lies, and share pics.
i requested to join the Nevadas chapter but i probably don't know where to look to see if my membership was approved.
Tom; Henderson of course!

Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Good morning everyone, nice sunny day up here, I hope yours is too.....

Old 08-16-2012, 10:12 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Welcome to FTE Tom, once Donna sees your post, I am sure she will make you a member.

Dave, I am going to the VA today to have them check me out. I doubt they will be as crowded as the civilian hospital was. I know blood clots can kill. I had one right after my accident in 2010. They sent me home from the hospital, even though I told them I had nobody there to care for me. Ended up sitting in my recliner for 8 days straight. Finally had to call 911 to take me to the hospital, and they found a blood clot in my right thigh. They kept me in the hospital for 3 days, then sent me to the transitional center where I stayed for 5+ months. The doctor yesterday wanted to know why I was taken off warfarin (the blood thinner they had me on) and I told him the prescription ran out, and it was not renewed. That is when he tried to get an ultrasound done, but the nurse told hm my insurance will take 5-0 days to approve it. So he told me to go to the ER and have them do it. You know the rest.

I'll keep everyone posted when I get back today.

Jim

Old 08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Jim, That makes me feel better and worry less.... sorry that you know the problem, but damn glad you know how to deal with it !!! The second time I had to deal with it, they installed a "greenfield" (I think that's the name) filter before my heart and renewed my warfrin script... good news , no filter changes required LOL !!! Keep us posted good luck

As for everybody else HAPPY Friday eve !!! Weather guru's say the weather is going to cool off a bit from 108* down to 103* ... but that comes with 2 days of T-storm warnings so c'mon fall !!! Hope Y'all have a safe and wonderful Thursday ... gettin ready for the weekend !!!

Old 08-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Interesting that you should mention the filter. The doctor asked me if anyone had installed a filter in me, and I told them no. Only other surgery I had besides the tibia problem was my gall bladder being removed while I was in the transitional center. I cannot believe how one little gall bladder could cause so much intense chest pain.

Anyway, leaving soon for the VA hospital.

Jim

Old 08-16-2012, 12:46 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
That "filter" is a good thing and can be done on an outpatient basis ... I would do it again if it would help... they are only effective 5 to 7 yrs !!! as per my cardiologist !!! Dave

Old 08-16-2012, 01:12 PM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Goodmorning everyone,

I hope you have a Great Thursday!

Well, the guy with the Ninja wasn't able to make it that day, however we're supposed to meet him in Virginia City on Sunday. So, I guess we'll see if he shows to do the trade?!

Jim - Hope your feeling better soon.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Hope the guy with the Ninja is not getting cold feet. However, we all know that life is what happens when we are busy making other plans.

Good news with the ultrasound. No clots! they wanted me to do a CT scan but I did not have time for that, so I will follow up with my Primary care doctor about that. I am just grateful they found no clots.

Jim

Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Thumbs up Winner, winner,chicken dinner !!!

Jim, That's good news... especially if it keeps you off warfrin !!! As far as the follow up goes, I think I would get it done ASAP if for nothing else but peace-of-mind !!!
Now you can go back to what you were doing before this rude interruption from getting over the knee deal !!! Heal well my friend !!! Dave

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nevada August BS Thread