arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AHH okay. I see that know. And ya I should know better

Old 08-11-2012, 08:19 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some of us are digitally challenged, some of us are financially challenged.

I'm basically screwed on all fronts...

*ALL CLEAR, I'm done with it

* Sometimes wordy, or technical posts take some time to get right

EITHER WAY - you gotta try that....

Old 08-12-2012, 07:12 AM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Morning Tennessee,

I've got a busy day today...

Selling the Ex and have to get a potential buyer some additional photos he is asking for...the Ex is up on the FTE classifieds if anyone is interested or knows anyone that is interested!

After the pictures we'll be headed to the in-laws to celebrate my FIL's 70th birthday.

Joe.

Old 08-12-2012, 08:25 PM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey everybody! I've been in Charleston, SC for the pas week vacationing with the family unit. We had a blast! I recommend the city----vey beautiful, tons of history and lots of great things to do.

It's so good, a bunch of golfers from all over the world followed us there. (Nope....never saw a one.)

Old 08-13-2012, 09:49 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Welcome to the work week! Most of our local schools start back today....SOOOOOO glad we are finished with that.

I'm on VACATION until NEXT Monday, so I hope the rest of you will have a good, safe week at work. I'll raise a glass for you!

Old 08-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Morning Tennessee,

Selling the Ex and have to get a potential buyer some additional photos he is asking for...the Ex is up on the FTE classifieds if anyone is interested or knows anyone that is interested!

After the pictures we'll be headed to the in-laws to celebrate my FIL's 70th birthday.

Joe.
GOOD ON YA!

~If I put my estranged current wife on the auction block - I'd never get an offer

Old 08-13-2012, 07:11 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Received 89 Likes on 85 Posts
When it rains, it hails fire, the transmission in the E350 is acting up, bolts to the forward clutches are loose, so when hot, it is slow to go in gear when I shift into drive, I need to go get my other van, and figure out what to do about the big one. To get it fixed, the transmission has to be pulled, valve body removed, and the bolts under it retorqued, no money for it, because pulling a transmission with 146,000 miles without a full rebuild would be stupid. I picked up some overload coils to put in the rear of the other van, over the axle to raise it back, until I can build some leaves, or buy bags.

Old 08-13-2012, 07:14 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Morning Tennessee,

Joe.
My EX has been around, isn't bothered with being shared, I found enjoys more than one driving at the same time, tail gaters welcome.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:14 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Sorry to hear about the van troubles, Maples. Have you been scouring the local yards for some used leaf springs? Maybe someone on this forum has some old ones laying around they could give you.

I am fortunate to not have an "ex" (25 year anniversary this October) but an auction does sound intriguing.....

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday! We've had rain last night and maybe some more today....deficit is less than 2 inches now. Some more showers tis week might push us to even for the year. Fingers crossed.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
No springs, they happen to be 2 1/4" wide, impossible to match, and anything that year is just worn out, I'd like to buy some bags later, so I bought some overloads to slip in between the frame/axle to help it until I can afford bags.
I need to find a 69-74 Econoline for the power brake bracket to upgrade mine to power brakes, it's like trying to find a virgin in the bunny ranch.

Old 08-15-2012, 09:18 AM
macgiobuin
Cargo Master
Good Wednesday morning to everyone! It's hump day....more of you should be excited.

Maples---I will ask around about 69-74 Econoline vans/brake brackets. Are there any other vehicles that would work? F100/150s? Crown Vics? LTDs?

Old 08-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Customcab
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Just to chime in; Mark isn't say a early 70's F250 spring 2 1/4"; don't know about lenght, but possibly an option. I could be wrong thought!!!!
Roger congrat's on 25 years your two behind me & my wife! lol

Old 08-15-2012, 07:57 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
No, the brake booster/master cylinder aren't in a straight line with the brake, there's not enough room, they turn 90 degrees and run toward the passenger side, there is a 69-74 van specific bracket under the hood that I need. I need power brakes, and to upgrade to disc, it's hard to stop, when on the road with idiots, it's a hazard, the interior is gonna make it heavier.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:07 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Remind me if I ever want a VAN again to take an F350 stretch dually frame/chassis and just bolt a good panel van body down on that sucker...

(with whatever panel welding I have to do)

Sounds like you need a good custom spring fab shop

Old 08-15-2012, 11:30 PM
maples01
Logistics Pro
The spring shops are all gone, I want to bag the rear due to the ride, a wheelchair lift is rough on the passenger side when entering/exiting, to build for that, that side would be stiffer causing ride issues, bags can be aired down to rest it on a bushing, eliminating the leaning effects. Suspension is a ways away, I plan to get it road worthy first, I can get by with the temp stuff.

Quick Reply: August Chat in Tennessee!!!!