VT Chapter Ldr

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Good morning and have a fantastic Friday CT

Old 08-03-2012, 05:00 AM
wildstang
VT Chapter Ldr

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Originally Posted by acf6
Just did a test fit of one wheel because i dont have lug nuts for them yet... and it looks friggin AWESOME!!! clear 35s no problem, sticks out exactly like i wanted and fill the wheel well perfectly. finally!!!!!!!!

more pics when i get them all on

and my uncle is going to look at a 6.4 tomorrow, he might have already because it isnt on their website anymore..
Those look nice. Are they load e rated?

Old 08-03-2012, 05:33 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,149 Likes on 1,686 Posts
Good morning everyone from the Dog Wood CG here in PA, have a good day....

Old 08-03-2012, 01:12 PM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i just spent 4 hours at NY dmv trying to register the mustang. i miss the days of going to CT dmv, giving them my paperwork, and leaving ten minutes later with plates.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:53 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wildstang
Those look nice. Are they load e rated?
Thanks! sadly, they are d rated. i dont really do a whole lot of heavy stuff with my truck, so i should be fine. the wheels have a pretty decent capacity at 3500lb each and the tires are 3195. the cooper STTs im looking to get next year are E though

the 6.4 was gone at hoffman.. and he didnt like the price of the '12 cc/sb 350 6.2 on the lot. oh well, im sure he will keep looking around

Old 08-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
sometimes the load range E tires have less of a load capacity than the D. the letters really dont mean a damn thing, in my opinion the actual load rating in pounds is what is important. afterall, trucks, skid steers, and snowmobiles are weighed in pounds or kilograms, not alphabets.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:11 PM
Zookie400
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by acf6
Thanks! sadly, they are d rated. i dont really do a whole lot of heavy stuff with my truck, so i should be fine. the wheels have a pretty decent capacity at 3500lb each and the tires are 3195. the cooper STTs im looking to get next year are E though

the 6.4 was gone at hoffman.. and he didnt like the price of the '12 cc/sb 350 6.2 on the lot. oh well, im sure he will keep looking around
i still think he should get a used V10 and run the snot out of it. very reliable, and cheap to fix. the 10 in my dads rv will spin 4000+ pulling up a mountain for a solid 5 minutes, regularly. nothing has let go yet

Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 PM
gbroehl1
Logistics Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Zookie400
sometimes the load range E tires have less of a load capacity than the D. the letters really dont mean a damn thing, in my opinion the actual load rating in pounds is what is important. afterall, trucks, skid steers, and snowmobiles are weighed in pounds or kilograms, not alphabets.
I'm pretty sure the load rating refers to the number of layers, but you are right in that you can still have a D tire rated for more than an E.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:17 PM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
The rating is related to plies back in the days of bias ply tires.
i.e. a E rated tire is considered 10ply, and a D rated tire is considered 8ply, but the ply rating means nothing now.
It is all about the load capacity and the inflation pressures they are intended to run at.
Certain aspect ratios are inherently more stable and will have more load capacity.

"There is a common misconception that there is a specific equivalence between a tire's Load Range (or ply rating) and its inflation pressure at which it achieves its maximum load.[8] In reality, tires of the same Load Index may require dramatically different pressures to achieve their published load ratings.

This can be seen by consulting the standards published every year by the industry standards group, the Tire and Rim Association. As an example, their 2010 Year Book shows that Load Range C tires may require 35 psi (240 kPa) or 55 psi (380 kPa), Load Range D tires may require 50 psi (340 kPa) or 65 psi (450 kPa), and Load Range E tires may require 65 psi (450 kPa) or 80 psi (550 kPa) to achieve their Load Index and Maximum Loads.[9] This is also the case in the tables published by major tire makers, who do follow these TRA standards and have multiple inflation pressures for the same Load Range in the tires they sell. [10]

It is essential to consult the guides like those just mentioned when making tire substitutions, and to read exactly what is imprinted on the sidewalls of tires. A different size of tire with the same Load Range may require a higher inflation pressure, and may fail in use if under-inflated."
Tire code - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The load range or ply rating branded on a tire's sidewall helps identify how much load the tire is designed to carry at its industry specified pressure. Passenger tires feature named load ranges while light truck tires use load ranges that ascend in alphabetical order (letters further along in the alphabet identify stronger tires that can withstand higher inflation pressures and carry heavier loads). Before load ranges were adopted, ply ratings and/or the actual number of carcass plies were used to identify the relative strength with higher numeric ratings or plies identifying tires featuring stronger, heavier duty constructions.

Today's load range/ply ratings do not count the actual number of body ply layers used to make up the tire's internal structure, but indicate an equivalent strength compared to early bias ply tires. Most radial passenger tires have one or two body plies, and light truck tires, even those with heavy-duty ratings (10-, 12- or 14-ply rated), actually have only two or three fabric plies, or one steel body ply.

In all cases, when changing tire sizes or converting from one type of size to another, it is important to confirm that the Load Index in the tire's Service Description of the new tire is equal to or greater than the Load Index of the original tire and/or that the new tire’s rated load capacity is sufficient to carry the vehicle's Gross Axle Weight Ratings."
Tire Tech Information - Load Range/Ply Rating Identification

Old 08-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Evening all.
I took my little guy fishing after dinner tonight.
He caught 3 blue gills and a baby bass.

I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:24 PM
acf6
Post Fiend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
aaron he hasnt ruled out a V10, or a V8 really but the two trucks he has liked so far were both diesels. there was another nice one at hoffman but it had cutouts in the bed liner for a gooseneck, and he didnt want anything that had been towed with

Old 08-04-2012, 12:51 AM
Towmanjbo
Cargo Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Josiah, is your spare a 32" as well? if so I'd like to borrow you for a couple of min so I can take some measurements for my spare tire mount since I still plan on putting 32" rubber on my truck

Old 08-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Nice Work Truck
Post Fiend
Good morning all.
It is NASTY out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-04-2012, 06:58 AM
ArdWrknTrk
pedant

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Already Andy?
It isn't going to get better.