Indiana Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Indiana's August 2012 BS about all the flies, drought and heat...WAIT...can it get any HOTTER???????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 AM
nebo
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by X_Hemi_Guy
Sorry Gerry...I was flying home from LAX yesterday...here it is for today though!

Good Morning Indiana and all of our IN friends!

Well...as I said above...yesterday I flew home from LAX...an uneventful flying day even though there were storms all around the mid-west...that was good.

The only eventful thing that happened I almost did to myself...we land in Detroit...I reset my watch to "NY time"...i.e. east coast time zone...my watch has all the time zones contained and you just toggle between them...some how...my watch got set OFF of daylight savings time...i.e. FALL BACK...so I'm sitting in the Delta Club thinking it is 12:54pm and it is really 1:54pm...my flight is at 2:11pm and clear down the end of the terminal

Thankfully I eventually noticed that time difference on my cell phone clock versus my wrist watch...

So I hightail it down to the end of the terminal and thinking I'm just making it...thankfully I made it and would have...but they hadn't started boarding yet due to the arriving plane was about 10 minutes late...HOLY COW that was close...and a first for me too in all those flights I've taken...I must have fumbled with my wrist watch last night since the alarm clock in my hotel room had no back light...I'm sure I messed up my wrist watch in the dark fumbling for the light button...because I couldn't get the light to initially come on I do remember pressing some buttons...WOW that was a close call...but it worked out in the end...not thru planning though...LOL

Okay...so I land as planned...go out to pick up the camper from our barn we store it at...pull it home and start emptying and cleaning it out to take to the RV lot in a few hours today to put it up for sale.

I'm thinking I'll also be putting the Ex up for sale sooner rather than later...once the RV is on the dealers lot...I really have no reason to keep the Ex...so I may put an ad in the local newspaper as well as put an ad in the classifieds here on FTE.

Next week we'll go see the coach we're looking at again and take it for a test drive and start negotiations to buy that motor home...if we do get it...I'm not sure it will fit in our current barn we store it at...the entry door on the barn is right at 13'...as are all the truss beams inside...it depends on the highest item on the coach and what the true height of the coach is...we'll have to measure further...I'd really like to be able to store indoors for the winter and keep it over at the county fairgrounds during the summer...we'll see where we end up if we even end up with anything...we're still dreaming right now...

Well...I've rambled on enough for today...I have to give the RV a quick wash before bringing her over to the RV lot...and then Tracey and I have a few errands to run as I'm taking the day off work today since I was gone all week.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Joe.
Originally Posted by KingBigJoe
Good moring everyone. Well good luck getting the X & the trailer sold, Joe. My plans for to day are watching NASCAR practice, make a call to Chrysler to get the build sheet for the People Carrier. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing today.
come on KBJ.......compare the above quotes......to even enter the interview process, you need an opening statement at least half again as big as leader Joe

Old 08-10-2012, 06:36 AM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Originally Posted by nebo
come on KBJ.......compare the above quotes......to even enter the interview process, you need an opening statement at least half again as big as leader Joe
Uhhhh... I really don't have much to talk about. I spend most of my day watching tv & using the computer. Sometime it gets annoying...

Old 08-10-2012, 07:00 AM
BIGKEN
Received 7,098 Likes on 4,183 Posts
Good morning Indiana...Happy Friday!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:08 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,158 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Good morning everyone, its Friday all day today, sunny & clear up here, have a good day....

Well done Joe

Old 08-10-2012, 08:12 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,158 Likes on 1,689 Posts
Joe what motorhome are you looking at purchasing..........

Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 AM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Good morning Indiana! TGIF. The heat wave finally eased up out here, low 80's for the next few days. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the heat is done for the summer. Since it started early, it should end early, right?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:25 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
Joe what motorhome are you looking at purchasing..........
Gerry,

Tiffin Phaeton 40' pusher

Old 08-10-2012, 12:46 PM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
Question

So, Joe... did that trailer clean up nice ?

Old 08-10-2012, 12:57 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Joe,

Yes...we got the trailer all emptied out last night and wiped down inside and carpet vacuumed...cleaned up nice inside.

Then this morning I got the outside washed up...it had lots of dirt and dust from the 5,000 mile trek we took through some pretty dusty and dry places!...so it did clean up nice both inside and out!...now it just has to sell!

I listed my Ex in the FTE classifieds today...I figure I won't ever be pulling that camper again...so why not!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:01 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 3,991 Likes on 1,598 Posts
Gerry,

Tiffin Phaeton 40' pusher
Howdy Joe.....
Motor Home...Wow....Diesel ???

Old 08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Howdy Joe.....
Motor Home...Wow....Diesel ???
I'm thinking about going over to the smokey dark side Roy!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

I'm thinking about going over to the smokey dark side Roy!!!
Good deal.......Really, You'll be happier with the diesel. Ya need the power. Good to hear you are not giving up on the camping / Rv'ing stuff..

Old 08-10-2012, 01:10 PM
X_Hemi_Guy
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Sailor_Roy
Good deal.......Really, You'll be happier with the diesel. Ya need the power. Good to hear you are not giving up on the camping / Rv'ing stuff..
350HP Cat diesel with right about 900 ft-lbs of torque is the one we're currently looking at...haven't negotiated a deal yet...possibly Monday after I take it for a test drive...wish me luck...it won't be a small negotiation either!...LOL...

Oh yeah...the engine is a 2006 so it doesn't need the urea and it doesn't have the DPF...the coach is a 2007 built coach...frieghtliner purchased a bunch of the "pre" DPF engines for this reason!

Old 08-10-2012, 01:21 PM
KingBigJoe
Cargo Master
So, after you get rid of the X... will you still be part of this forum ?

Old 08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Sailor Roy
FTE Chapter Leader

350HP Cat diesel with right about 900 ft-lbs of torque is the one we're currently looking at...haven't negotiated a deal yet...possibly Monday after I take it for a test drive...wish me luck...it won't be a small negotiation either!...LOL...

Oh yeah...the engine is a 2006 so it doesn't need the urea and it doesn't have the DPF...the coach is a 2007 built coach...frieghtliner purchased a bunch of the "pre" DPF engines for this reason!
That is NICE!....
Damn good engine
Have fun and don't bend it...

Quick Reply: Indiana's August 2012 BS about all the flies, drought and heat...WAIT...can it get any HOTTER???????