Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

August MO chapter chat/BS/general nonsense thread...all are welcome!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:04 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Good Morning Everybody!

Lee should be here shortly to drop off his truck. I have someone else also dropping off a vehicle today to get worked on.

It's a bad day to hurt as bad as I do. Stay cool and hydrated, everyone!

Old 08-03-2012, 07:35 AM
j20owner
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, someone wasted a lot of time and effort on that poor old dodge. Too bad.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:00 AM
97 Mountain Man
Fleet Mechanic
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by j20owner
Wow, someone wasted a lot of time and effort on that poor old dodge. Too bad.
And he thinks someone will give him $7kfor that cobbled together piece of junk? Hahahahahahahahahahahah.

I couldn't even read his rambling description. I'm not a grammar **** but you have to use punctuation and paragraphs if you want me to read it.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:10 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
Received 190 Likes on 174 Posts
hummm dave that is strange..i have no idea where this airfilter housing came from...it sure is clean and pretty...and definitively for a 360 ford..and that 71 is the only one i ever owned..i guess somewhere out there is a old ford without a airfilter on it...

Old 08-03-2012, 08:12 AM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
dave if the one you have is old and ugly.. i can figure a way to relay this one too ya..

Old 08-03-2012, 08:30 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
RC, I know where it came from. That engine sitting under the tree out front.

Lee just dropped off his truck. ....eesh. That poor truck. It's had a hard life.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:43 AM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Good morning everybody. Alan, take it easy and just do what you can stand to. I'm doing about the same today, me bad eye is all irritated and the only relief for it is to close the blinds and turn off the lights. At least i got the pool cleared back up last night...durn test kit was expired and giving me the wrong readings. Turns out my PH was way high and chlorine was low. Now I can get it crystal clear again. So far two gallons of muriatic acid and three bags of shock have it close as far as chemistry. This weekend I'll get it spotless again.

Old 08-03-2012, 10:48 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
I've come to the conclusion that the local junkyards are trying everything they can to go out of business. Lee's 1992 Ford F150 needs a new column shifter assembly. A junkyard quoted me $175 for a used one. Just for grins, I checked the Ford dealer. $86 BRAND NEW FROM THE DEALER! It seems like every time I try to buy a junkyard part, I can buy a new one, or even a whole 'nother truck cheaper! Wake up!

Rant off.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Rubenk
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by earthquake68
I've come to the conclusion that the local junkyards are trying everything they can to go out of business. Lee's 1992 Ford F150 needs a new column shifter assembly. A junkyard quoted me $175 for a used one. Just for grins, I checked the Ford dealer. $86 BRAND NEW FROM THE DEALER! It seems like every time I try to buy a junkyard part, I can buy a new one, or even a whole 'nother truck cheaper! Wake up!

Rant off.
Do they negotiate at all? The ones back home take whatever cash they can get. I bought a couple of AC ***** a few weeks ago, the guy told me 5$ a piece, i laughed and told him 5$ total was more like it, and he took it.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:32 AM
earthquake68
Hotshot
The bigger yards won't haggle much. Sometimes not at all. Even when I tell them I can buy the part new for cheaper, they tell me to go for it. ...So I do.

Some of the smaller yards still haggle, but they don't have what I need most of the time. The yard I go to around here for the old stuff, I don't dare haggle with him. He has stuff nobody else has seen for decades. You ask the price, he tells you, (It's always fair) and you pay it without a word. He's a funny kinda guy. If he doesn't like you, he'll just throw you off his property.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 PM
cyclopsblown34
Lead Driver
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by earthquake68
The bigger yards won't haggle much. Sometimes not at all. Even when I tell them I can buy the part new for cheaper, they tell me to go for it. ...So I do.

Some of the smaller yards still haggle, but they don't have what I need most of the time. The yard I go to around here for the old stuff, I don't dare haggle with him. He has stuff nobody else has seen for decades. You ask the price, he tells you, (It's always fair) and you pay it without a word. He's a funny kinda guy. If he doesn't like you, he'll just throw you off his property.
In spite of being friends with the guy who owns the yard down the road from my house, he gives me no breaks and I quit calling him. I have the same problem as you Alan. I can' buy it new from the parts store for less than or the same as his prices.

Old 08-03-2012, 12:08 PM
whiskey runner
Lead Driver
yea alan..i have seen several guys dealing with old parts who are real hard to deal with..they are not all "sweethearts" like me..ha ha ha ha ha ha ...like someone calling wanting a 65 chevy, getting a good deal then calling back 2 weeks later..but surprise it is no longer for sale..ha ha ha ......

that housing didnt come offa the one out front it had some little chrome thing on it when i got it..but i may of picked it up at the yard to go on that one and just forgot... who knows

Old 08-03-2012, 02:20 PM
1OldFordMan
Logistics Pro

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Howdy Misery. Don't know if I've posted since I got back. No computer, have to go to the library & use theirs. 2 hour time limit & S L O W !!! Survived the trip back here from Ind. Will have to go back again to get all my stuff I left temporarily & my cat. Trying to get into an apartment was hoping for a 1st floor, this leg doesn't like stairs as much as I like 5h1trolet (think ALL y'all know my opinion of that). Just trying to hang in. Did a couple field trips this week, have one Moanday, & my route starts Wed. Figgered I'd drop in & say "Howdy". Still around, just don't get to the computer much nowdays. Hopefully when I get an apartment & get moved in, I can go back up to Ind. & get mine.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:10 PM
earthquake68
Hotshot
Evening all!

Good to hear from you, Pat!

I got some more work done on the '66.
Lee's truck is figured out, I just need the parts to put it back together.

I'm gonna get a shower and see if I can post some pictures from today.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:51 PM
*2fords*
Fleet Mechanic
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
I got the rtight part, something like 55 miles later, from your house to Campbell Ford to Friendly Ford to home. I had to go back to Springfield to get it, and I got there with 2 minutes to spare.
I should have it at your house around 11 am or so.

Quick Reply: August MO chapter chat/BS/general nonsense thread...all are welcome!