Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Category: Interior
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): NSX, Hybrids
Item Condition: MI
Engine: Part suitable for gas truck, Part suitable for diesel truck

Originally Posted by reallymattgray
Hi all! I have a 2001 Excursion Limited, 7.3L, looking to find some parts.

I am hoping to get my hands on a headlamp/headlight switch with fog light option, probably part 1C7Z-11654-DAA, if you have one. (Although the part I removed varies slightly, having part # 1C7T-11654, replacing the "Z")

Also looking for the black plastic brackets between the body and the interior trim, into which some of the interior trim connects:
1) passenger side center pillar, the trim covering the upper seatbelt retention bolt. The sought after bracket has part # YC3Z-78311A24-AA on it (used to hold part YC35-7828154-RH in place); and
2) passenger side, located beneath the long side window toward the rear, long thin black bracket with part # YC3Z-78311A24-BA.

As an aside, has anyone had any success taking an older non-auto headlamp switch with fog light option, and replacing it with an auto headlamp switch with fog light option? I'm wondering if it is the same plug configuration on the rear of the part, but perhaps with 1 or 2 wires missing from the newer auto unit.

Drop me a line if you have any input or if anything like that shows up. Thank you!
I do have the headlight switch, but I'm saving it for now. I'm trying to gain the DRL option for the fog lights when I do the swap, and I'm not sure if I'll need the switch to make it happen. Swapping the switches didn't do it, so I'm guessing it's more involved. I can't help you on adding the auto lamp feature, sorry. Mine have always had it from the factory. I can get you a pic of the back of my switch if that helps. I suspect the plugs will be different, but that's a guess.

Is the B pillar bracket you're asking about in the bag here? I know it's a hard pic to tell from, I'll dig the part out for a better one and to look at the part number. I should have the seat belt bolt cover too:

Regarding the rear bracket, I do have what I think is it. Part number on it is YC35-78311A24-BB. I'm not sure if that will convert to service p/n YC3Z-78311A24-BA or not. Here's a pic:

FYI, Ford has production part numbers, and then those numbers are converted into new part numbers for service. The p/ns that start with xxx# will be a production part number. xxxZ parts are service part numbers, created either for accessories for for production part numbers converted for service packaging/sale. Sometimes the rest of the p/n is the same except for the Z conversion, but not always.

Thanks!
Jon

Old 12-18-2014, 09:09 AM
reallymattgray
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Jon. On the headlamp switch, last night I found a solution.

But, your YC35-78311A24-BB rail looks close enough that I'd be willing to buy it for a fair price (assuming it's passenger side).

The other bracket isn't B-pillar, it's C-pillar. Also passenger side, top interior trim piece (which surrounds the top seatbelt bolt), one of the trim male connectors pushes into this bracket near the upper forward corner of the rear passenger window. It is a small fist sized black plastic bracket which fits between the body and the trim (as a spacer of sorts).

Old 12-18-2014, 01:05 PM
duelly581
New User
rotten runing board

Originally Posted by mjblaha13
Hey guys, I have a cheap fix if you want to keep the original running boards for your excursion. Just $ 25.00 bucks and some elbow grease. I'll help you all. Mike
I need help mike

e mail duelly581@gmail.com tell me how

paul miller

Old 12-18-2014, 06:30 PM
Snowseeker
Hotshot
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
Do you have the little round cap that goes on the end of the shift colume? It surrounds the OD button.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:26 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Matt, sending you a PM.

Andy, sorry, the shift lever is sold.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Originally Posted by reallymattgray
Thanks, Jon. On the headlamp switch, last night I found a solution. But, your YC35-78311A24-BB rail looks close enough that I'd be willing to buy it for a fair price (assuming it's passenger side). The other bracket isn't B-pillar, it's C-pillar. Also passenger side, top interior trim piece (which surrounds the top seatbelt bolt), one of the trim male connectors pushes into this bracket near the upper forward corner of the rear passenger window. It is a small fist sized black plastic bracket which fits between the body and the trim (as a spacer of sorts).
Thanks for all the details. Tried to PM you, but it seems you have it turned off.

No luck on the bracket. It was probably broken from the rollover and I recycled it. I do have the parchment colored panel that attaches to it (YC3Z-7828154-RH).

What are you thinking is fair for the long bracket?

Old 12-19-2014, 10:24 PM
duelly581
New User
rotten running board frames

Originally Posted by mjblaha13
Hey guys, I have a cheap fix if you want to keep the original running boards for your excursion. Just $ 25.00 bucks and some elbow grease. I'll help you all. Mike
I need a fixen.... email me please
duelly_4dr_99@yahoo.com

paul miller

Old 12-22-2014, 10:07 AM
reallymattgray
New User
Originally Posted by Sunline Fan
Thanks for all the details. Tried to PM you, but it seems you have it turned off.

No luck on the bracket. It was probably broken from the rollover and I recycled it. I do have the parchment colored panel that attaches to it (YC3Z-7828154-RH).

What are you thinking is fair for the long bracket?
========================
Dunno, my PM is turned on and while I haven't received any from others, I can initiate and send myself a PM using the system.

After this weekend I'm looking at the long bracket as a spare part. I ended up ABS gluing the original pieces back together, sanded it, then reinforced the entire bracket with fiberglass + resin, and re-installed it with success.

Then I rewarded myself for a job surprisingly well done.

Who knows how long it'll last, but so far so good. Would you accept $20 + shipping and handling?

Alt. Email: mattgrayca@gmail.com

Old 12-22-2014, 08:30 PM
rlturner53
New User
Fuel filler pipe

I have a 2003 excursion with the 7.3L diesel. Looking for the fuel filler pipe. Need everything from the fuel cap down to the fuel tank, both the main line and the vent tube. Ford says the 200 to 2005 are all the same.

Old 12-24-2014, 04:30 PM
rlturner53
New User
I have a 2003 Excursion with a 7.3L diesel and need the fuel pipe from the gas cap down to the tank and the vent tube. Is that still available?

Old 12-30-2014, 09:50 AM
BEARDOWN
Senior User
Do you have the clear dome light covers from the 2nd row?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Originally Posted by rlturner53
I have a 2003 excursion with the 7.3L diesel. Looking for the fuel filler pipe. Need everything from the fuel cap down to the fuel tank, both the main line and the vent tube. Ford says the 200 to 2005 are all the same.
It might be, but the diesel one is different than a gas filler neck for sure, so I will need that.

Old 01-09-2015, 07:05 AM
Ford_Fan1
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you still have the front grille? If so, what kind of shape is it in and do you know what kind of price you would want shipped to 58746?

Old 01-11-2015, 12:51 PM
ihscoutlover
New User
Do you have the lug wrench and jack extension pieces that go under the hood?? I'm still looking at mine to see what other things I might need that are either broke on mine or are missing. Thanks, Jeff

Old 01-13-2015, 08:18 PM
Sunline Fan
Excursion Fleet Manager
Originally Posted by Ford_Fan1
Do you still have the front grille? If so, what kind of shape is it in and do you know what kind of price you would want shipped to 58746?
All I have is the right side filler piece, the rest of the grill was broken.

Originally Posted by ihscoutlover
Do you have the lug wrench and jack extension pieces that go under the hood?? I'm still looking at mine to see what other things I might need that are either broke on mine or are missing. Thanks, Jeff
Sorry, nope.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2002 Excursion Limited Parting Out