6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

The New lockpick is out! Has anyone ordered it yet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 PM
Mac Attack
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The New lockpick is out! Has anyone ordered it yet?

Hi guys!
I just got back from vacation today and checked thier site out as I have inthe last two years.

For all of you thats been waiting to add an extra camera or two with an already installed rear factory camera the new model looks to be out.

Freedom In Motion Sync Lockpick.

Check out the link.. hopeI did it correct..
FORD LOCKPICKS

I didn't notice if anyone posted this already, but if anyone did sorry..

Brian

Old 07-29-2012, 10:23 PM
jrab01
Senior User
thanks for the link.

I just bought my truck friday, and was bummed I wouldn't be able to watch DVD's on long road trips.

J

Old 07-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Str8shooter
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the update. Many here have been waiting for this news.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:15 AM
majkthreads
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow that would torque me if I couldn't use those features while in motion.

None of them on my kenwood aftermarket setup.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:25 AM
2000silverbullet
Lead Driver
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Too bad they don't have an upgrade for existing customers....

I emailed them about existing units, will respond when I hear back.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:47 AM
IronHorsePilot
Junior User
I ordered mine Friday after I talked to them on the phone. They swear that you can hook additional cameras to the system and use the factory camera in the tailgate. And it will all work. I seriously hope they have some way for those who have the previous system to upgrade them. Ill let you know as soon as I get it and get it installed.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Originally Posted by IronHorsePilot
I ordered mine Friday after I talked to them on the phone. They swear that you can hook additional cameras to the system and use the factory camera in the tailgate. And it will all work. I seriously hope they have some way for those who have the previous system to upgrade them. Ill let you know as soon as I get it and get it installed.

Please update us when you get your installed.

I would like to order one of these in a few months and hope it works as described with the exsisting camera and adding a second one.

_

Old 07-30-2012, 12:39 PM
IronHorsePilot
Junior User
Originally Posted by my996duc1
Please update us when you get your installed.

I would like to order one of these in a few months and hope it works as described with the exsisting camera and adding a second one.

_
Will do. I didnt order one of their cameras though. I am going to look around and see if I can find something a little less expensive. Im wanting to install a camera on the front and one in the bed for hooking up a gooseneck or 5th wheel. I cant see the hitch in the bed at all.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:51 PM
dfred
New User
I installed one of these last week. I do not have any addiitonal cameras, just the stock tailgate camera. It does have the inputs for additional cameras and when you scroll through the setup it does ask for additional cameras.
It works just like described on the web site, very easy to install...only thing that was odd were the instructions, they show the lockpick walking you a set up process when it is first plugged in. The new pick does not require you to go through a set up process if you are just setting up the stock camera. So far I have been very happy with the pick, nice to input Nav info whitout pulling over.

Old 07-30-2012, 01:54 PM
my996duc1
Elder User
Originally Posted by IronHorsePilot
Will do. I didnt order one of their cameras though. I am going to look around and see if I can find something a little less expensive. Im wanting to install a camera on the front and one in the bed for hooking up a gooseneck or 5th wheel. I cant see the hitch in the bed at all.

Did you order the "Freedom in Motion Sync Lockpick" for $289 ??
Not sure which model is for what vehicle... I am not great with figuring out these applications and which model fits what.... this would appear to be the one I would need.

I sent them an email asking about running a longer cord to the rear of a camper... no reply yet if it would work or be available....
I would like to run a camera on the rear of the toyhauler and one on the 5th wheel hitch.
Right now I use the harbor freight magnet line up sticks to hitch the 5th wheel due to not being able to see it.

_

Old 07-30-2012, 02:26 PM
dfred
New User
Yes, its the freedom in motion...its $249 on sonicelectronix.com
I called them (lock Pick) with question and they were really good about answering all questions as well as walking through everything the unit would do.
There is a specific "window" in the set up to turn on the backup camera, or any auxilery camera, while the truck is in motion forward or reverse. Thats a great idea for a camera on the trailer would be great on the motorcycle and boat trialers.

Old 07-30-2012, 04:45 PM
jrab01
Senior User
Originally Posted by dfred
I installed one of these last week. I do not have any addiitonal cameras, just the stock tailgate camera. It does have the inputs for additional cameras and when you scroll through the setup it does ask for additional cameras.
It works just like described on the web site, very easy to install...only thing that was odd were the instructions, they show the lockpick walking you a set up process when it is first plugged in. The new pick does not require you to go through a set up process if you are just setting up the stock camera. So far I have been very happy with the pick, nice to input Nav info whitout pulling over.
Does the lockpick affect the overall integrity of your unit? Do you have to go through the setup every time you get in your vehicle?

Old 07-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Mac Attack
Freshman User
Not sure which model is for what vehicle... I am not great with figuring out these applications and which model fits what.... this would appear to be the one I would need.

I sent them an email asking about running a longer cord to the rear of a camper... no reply yet if it would work or be available....
I would like to run a camera on the rear of the toyhauler and one on the 5th wheel hitch.
Right now I use the harbor freight magnet line up sticks to hitch the 5th wheel due to not being able to see it.

_

I did asklast night and recived a reply for the same question and here was his response, Sound easy enough!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
The cable we provide is 21ft. long; however, extending the harness we sent is very easy. You simply extend the harness as far as you want from the LockPick power, ground and video connectors using a common yellow RCA cable and 12-18 gauge power wire.
<o> </o>
If I can assist you further, let me know. <o></o>
<o></o>
--
Ransom
Coastal Electronics

Hope this helps! 21' will get me to the trailer + then will add from there.
I have a 34' fifth wheel Everest and plan on doing this very soon.

Brian

Old 07-30-2012, 07:09 PM
JohnD333
Laughing Gas
Received 93 Likes on 69 Posts
My996duce,

I gave up un these fiolks after ongoing promises of "soon" for over 9 months. If they have it now good luck.

I opted for
Rear View Camera System One (1) Camera Setup with 7" Mirror Display Model # RVS-770619P - Ford F 250 Rear View Camera Systems - Pickup Truck

they have a great quick disconnedt 3 camera harness for a 5er that wraps around your 5er's lead into the tow vehicle. It is set up for one rear and two side cameras on the 5er. I have a 40 foot 5er on a full size crew cab and signal (and AUDIO) from cameras is great. However, I use only 2 lines for this one mounte high on the 5er (to see how many cars are behind me (no sound) and one 5er license plate mounted camera with sound for backing up into tight spots. the 3rd camera is aimed at my 5th wheel hitch. All of those feed to the big screen that attaches to the stock rear view mirror. The stock rear view/bumper hitch looking camera still feeds into goes into the stock gps screen.

Unfortunately I was/am locked out of the gps when moving but I find a garmin with height limits and traffic info way better than stock gps and has no such limitation.

If you are thinking of going this way call them. They have lots of items that are difficult to find if you don't know they are there.

I only use camera function with 5er attached, but I don't bother removing the easily removed LED rear view mirror (i bought the extension cable to make it quick and easy at a convenient location) as it is a fine rear view mirror night and day, albeit with slightly reduced side vision.

_

Old 07-30-2012, 07:18 PM
jack_pine
Elder User

Originally Posted by Mac Attack
I did asklast night and recived a reply for the same question and here was his response, Sound easy enough!
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
The cable we provide is 21ft. long; however, extending the harness we sent is very easy. You simply extend the harness as far as you want from the LockPick power, ground and video connectors using a common yellow RCA cable and 12-18 gauge power wire.
<o> </o>
If I can assist you further, let me know. <o></o>
<o></o>
--
Ransom
Coastal Electronics

Hope this helps! 21' will get me to the trailer + then will add from there.
I have a 34' fifth wheel Everest and plan on doing this very soon.

Brian
Sooo (excuse if stupid question) You will run their cable to the back of the truck and then have some kind of plu/disconnect for when trailer is not hooked up? I would like to do this as well.

Quick Reply: The New lockpick is out! Has anyone ordered it yet?