Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Freshman User

Iron2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Lift Law in GA

I am moving from Virginia to the the Savannah area soon. I have read were you cannot lift the supension more than 2 inches in Georgia. My crewcab F250 is lifted 5.5 inches on 35 inch tires. Should I plan on lowering it back down?
Old 07-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Posting Guru

460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.460 FORD MAN has a good reputation on FTE.
That is bull*****!! I see trucks riding around that could run over my daily driver! (mitshbushi truck). Some I could even walk under, bending my head down. Whoever told you that is lying! Unless they passed that law today!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:45 PM
New User

tablesaw is starting off with a positive reputation.
Never heard that one. In fact, I think it's a law here that if you have a 4X4, it has to be lifted.
Old 07-30-2012, 02:46 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
The law says: If you modify the OE bumper more than 2 inches above (or below, for that matter) the manufacturer's spec, don't be surprised if you're cited.

Like the members stated above, I have not seen or heard of anyone getting a ticket. Between all the lifted and lowered vehicles now a days, I think they just gave up. A 5.5 lift is normal and I do not think you will have an issue, except for the going home traffic in Savannah, beautiful place.

I did find this: http://www.liftlaws.com/georgia_lift_laws.htm
Join the Georgia Forum- Click Here

Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 AM
New User

resqman59 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rob Hill
I have been driving in GA since 1976. I got a ticket once for having my 1969 Nova S'S jackpot in the rear cops use to take there billy stick and if your bottom of your bumper was higher than their billy stick you were to high. I don't know what the present law is but I have had Jeeps and FORD 4x4's with a 3 inch chassis lift with a 2 inch body lift they never said anything to me for them. You'll be safe and welcome we need more Ford Monster Trucks down here...where you moving to?
Old 07-30-2012, 05:03 PM
Freshman User

Iron2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I will be working on Hunter Army Airfield. Looking at Richmond Hill, Georgetown, maybe Pooler. I am leaving my 26X40 shop, so I am hoping rent something with a two car garage until I decide to buy or not. Thanks for all the replies, so glad I do not have to lower my truck.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.ChiefM has a great reputation on FTE.
Iron,
That is a beautiful area. It is one of our favorite places to run off to for an adult weekend together. Please feel free to stay here on the Georgia Forum.
Join the Georgia Forum- Click Here

Old 07-30-2012, 09:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter