Sponsored by:

New chrome grill

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 06:11 AM
OleGrouch
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New chrome grill

Received the new chrome grill and installed it yesterday, just something about that F-350 grill that makes it look more like a FORD. Made pictures and sized one for an avatar to dress up post.
One caution for anyone ordering a new grill, I really wasn't expecting new clips so the four clips were almost thrown away because they were just tied up in a small piece of the plastic wrapping and taped to it, almost invisible among all the plastic.
The blue oval was removed from old grill by pecking with screwdriver handle on the back side of the pins a few licks. It seems to be a tight fit in new grill.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:17 AM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OleGrouch
Received the new chrome grill and installed it yesterday, just something about that F-350 grill that makes it look more like a FORD. Made pictures and sized one for an avatar to dress up post.
One caution for anyone ordering a new grill, I really wasn't expecting new clips so the four clips were almost thrown away because they were just tied up in a small piece of the plastic wrapping and taped to it, almost invisible among all the plastic.
The blue oval was removed from old grill by pecking with screwdriver handle on the back side of the pins a few licks. It seems to be a tight fit in new grill.
I too like the F-250/350 grill better than the Excursion one and that's what I put on mine when I replaced the broken original.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:40 AM
OleGrouch
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really like your turn signal/park lights without the orange lens, are they original or did you replace them, and were they available separate from the headlights ? I thought about the grill with the argent painted cross bars on it, but decided to go with the all over sparkling chrome.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:49 AM
gr8scott72
Cargo Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OleGrouch
I really like your turn signal/park lights without the orange lens, are they original or did you replace them, and were they available separate from the headlights ? I thought about the grill with the argent painted cross bars on it, but decided to go with the all over sparkling chrome.
Bought them on Amazon (with my Holiday Inn reward points!). They are one piece.

Amazon.com: Super Duty/Excursion Chrome Conversion Headlights Headlamps Driver/Passenger ...: Automotive