Vehicles for SaleAll vehicles (Ford Truck or otherwise) for sale here
Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!
FS/FT: 1997 Ford F150 Lightning Swap, SuperCab Flareside 4x4
Year: 1997 Make: Ford Model: F-150 Price: $8500 Mileage: 261000 Color: White Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing Location (State): NJ Transmission: Automatic Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD Color: White Engine: 5.4L Supercharged
For sale or trade is my 1997 Ford F150 Supercab Flareside 4x4. Oxford White on Prairie tan, tan Lariat leather interior (captain's chairs, not the split bench). Factory off-road and towing package, with 3.55 limited slip rear. It has almost 261K on it, but at this point, most of the truck has been redone or rebuilt. The original engine went around 257k. So I went a little crazy...
The list of things that has been done to this truck is pretty extensive but I will try to cover the basics:
- Rebuilt Lightning long block with 9.0:1 compression, stock 42 lb Injectors, Navigator water pump.
- Rebuilt Eaton M112 supercharger (rotors stripped, ribs on housing and plenum were polished)
- Lightning intercooler system
- New fuel tank, straps, filler neck assembly, and tank pressure sensor
- TrickFlow valve covers
- MAC Cold Air Intake
- JLP 4LB Lower pulley
- 255 LPH Bosch Fuel Pump
- BBK Headers
- Custom welded true-dual 2.5" exhaust with new cats and Gibson mufflers; X-pipe, extra bungs installed for aftermarket A/F sensors, rear O2s deleted, side exit before passenger tire
- Engine oil cooler
- SCT Xcal3 Tuned by JJ @ WMS (tuner setup goes with truck, also needs final data-logging and dyno tuning to be perfect)
- Mustang Cobra electric fan w/controller (stock clutch fan deleted)
- New Radiator
- Recent-ish brake job
- American Racing 17" wheels, wrapped in Pirelli Scorpion ATR LT285/70R17s (setup less then 5k old)
- Lightning style headlights, markers, crystal fog lamps, billet upper and lower grille
- New rear bumper (Flareside bumpers all rot out)
- Rancho RS5000 shocks all-around
- Expedition console swap
- Newer battery (replaced it early this summer)
- Trans cooler lines
- Cruise control TSB
Engine has a little over three-thousand miles on a complete rebuild. Transmission was replaced about 25k ago (Jasper). Have much of the receipt history. Needs a little finishing here and there:
- Valve cover breather catch can assembly (will pull oil from the valve covers at high RPMs due to the TrickFlow covers)
- Should eventually have a high-performance valve body installed (in my opinion, it's extra insurance)
- Needs wire run to A/C Compressor to engage (A/C worked fantastic but the Lightning engine harness had to be re-pinned for EGR (I think). If you plan on EGR delete, simply move the pin back).
- Lock cylinder in handle on the hard shell tonnue needs to be replaced (latch works, lock does not)
- Light body work; needs a lower cab corner/rocker on the driver's side, and the doors are rusting out on the bottom (typical 97-03 F150 issue)
- Autometer factory match boost gauge needs to be hooked up
- One exhaust tail pipe needs to be tack welded (droops, see passenger side pictures)
Inspected until the end of 2013. It is reliable; I've been driving it for a year back and forth to work, to Philly and out into central PA without a hitch. She's never let me down.
The following is the build order information:
Built: January 21, 1997
Paint Code: YZ
Tutone Paint: BA
Trim Code: HX
Code - Description
EGAHD - 3.55 FINAL DRIVE RATIO
EJADR - 3800 LB(1724 KG) REAR AXLE ASSY
TR0DE - 4 SPD AUTO TR-NAAO E4OD(4R100)
FEAAB - 4 WHL ANTILOCK BRAKES
EM0B0 - 49 STATE/FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS
D2XAC - 7 X 16" 3 SPOKE CHROME STEEL WHEEL
D2YEG - 7.5 X 17" SPORT ALUMINIUM WHEEL
D2SE5 - 7J X 15" 8 HOLE DIRECTIONAL ALLOY
D3MAD - CONVENTIONAL SPARE TIRE
BSDAD - DRIVER POWER MIRROR
FMLAJ - ELCT TRANS CASE W/CTR DISCON
IBAAT - ELECT PREMIUM AM/FM STEREO/CASS/CLK
EGLAB - FORD/VISTEON AXLE VENDOR
CLFAE - FRONT BUMPERSTEELCHROMED
CLVAB - FRT LICENSE PLATE BRKT/HOLDER
AAGAJ - KANSAS CITY PLANT BUILD
AACB1 - LARIAT
EGJAC - LIMITED SLIP REAR AXLE
AC0B0 - MANUAL AIR CONDITIONER
AAXAD - OFF ROAD EQUIPMENT PKG
PNYW3 - OXFORD WHITE
D3KFD - P265/70RX17 OWL ALLTERRAIN (4)
BSFAD - PASS POWER CONVEX MIRROR
BYPAC - POWER 6WAY DRIVER SEAT ADJUST
ABKAB - POWER EQUIPMENT GROUP
PNAYB - PRAIRIE TAN
CLMAE - REAR BUMPER STEEL STEP (CHROMED)
GBAAB - SINGLE FUEL TANK
FMNAB - SKID PLATES
B3HAD - SLIDING REAR WINDOW
GTDAB - SPEED CONTROL
GRAAC - TILT STEERING WHEEL
BYBAI - WITH 2ND ROW FOLDING SEAT
HNAAB - WITH ANTITHEFT ALARM
CJDAB - WITH BODY TUTONE PAINT
IBFAC - WITH CD PLAYER AUTOCHANGER
ABFAH - WITH OFF ROAD APPEARANCE PACK
Also have a hitch for it, that is disassembled for media blasting that goes with it (class III). Skid plates are off for the same reason.
Interested in a partial trade for a 1999-04 SVT Lightning (drive-able, not concerned with mileage) or possibly a project Lightning. Also interested in a built C4 automatic for a big block (nothing crazy, just something to hold 550 hp). Possibly open to other partial trades, but those would be the ones I'm most interested in.
Truck is located in Northern NJ (08833). Feel free to PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.
1980 Ford F-100, Flareside 4x2 - 155k
1997 Ford Ranger, STD Cab, 7' bed, 3.0L/Automatic 2WD - FOR SALE!
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.