Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Negative reputation

Based on feedback, the moderation team have elected to remove the "I disapprove" option on posts (or as it may also be known... to leave "negative reputation").
This will go into action in approximately 1 weeks time.

The ability to utilize the "I approve" function on posts (or to leave positive reputation to other users) will remain as it is today.

For users who have previously received negative reputation (displayed as a red box in your User CP), sadly there is no simple way for us to remove those from the record, and thus they will still be listed in your total reputation count.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
In the 10 years I've been on FTE, I've never had a reason to leave negative reputation, although I've been on the receiving end a couple of times. I think it's a good move though. I still believe in the old addage, if you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, don't say anything at all!

1949 F-1
Old 07-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatNorthWoods View Post
In the 10 years I've been on FTE, I've never had a reason to leave negative reputation, although I've been on the receiving end a couple of times. I think it's a good move though. I still believe in the old addage, if you don't have anything nice to say about somebody, don't say anything at all!
That would be nice if the rest of the board stuck with that and quit trash talking about the Offroad section to the mods. It's how I got my negative rep's......

Free Paul and Dan from random moderator oppression!!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 07-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Nebraska Chapter LDR

67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation67nukeford has a superb reputation
Never had a use for it, and won't miss it!
Pat W. Chapter Forums Moderator and Official #1 Slackmaster/ Avid Hater of all things wintery
2006 F-250 "Black" ARP studs, EGR delete, SCT tuner
1967 F-100 Project thread

RIP SteveBricks-We'll miss you, bud. CLICK HERE TO JOIN THE NEBRASKA CHAPTER!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:37 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
This is kinda silly, cause when we have ******s come into threads, we throw up negative reps to the person if they deserve it.

Are we going for that idea that they have in school now? Everyone is special?

At least change the rep limit so I can give people rep points instead of getting the "spread the love" message for all 20 users that I try and rep.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:15 AM
Posting Guru

Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I disagree with this...

There have been plenty of times where rants break out on this website and people need to be put in their place when they start writing things and think they can get away with it...

It's a useful tool for us to regular who is a "good apple" and who isn't...

I don't see why it's being removed... maybe one of our so-called "bad apples" weasled his/her way in to this approval of demolishing one of our few ways to regulate others?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlmariuslxl
Aaron, you are the man.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
It is generally the reputation of the "Negative" issuer that is damaged rather than the one the neg rep was intended. Just the way it is around here. Good to see it go and......

.....glad to see our Aussie friend back on the boards.

An interesting side note: During my 8+ years here the two or three people that neg rep'd me are long gone.
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

There three types of people in this world.... Those who can count and those who can't

Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Posting Guru

Ian123 has a very good reputation on FTE.Ian123 has a very good reputation on FTE.Ian123 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Glad its gone! Someone negative repped me once for a story I told about my friend getting pulled over. He thought I made it up
4.5" Rough Country lift, Fabtech traction bars, XDP coolant filter, PHP Atlas 40 FICM tune, Blue fuel pressure spring, 4" Diamond Eye exhaust, RiffRaff intercooler boots, Edge Insight CS w/ EGT adapter, Glowshift fuel pressure gauge
Old 07-23-2012, 12:17 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I've never used the neg rep feature...been tempted to...but never did. I've never been the recipient of neg reps either. No great loss as far as I'm concerned.

My family's gene pool could use some chlorine!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:22 PM
unregistered user

Rogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to beholdRogue_Wulff is a splendid one to behold
Kinda reminds me of the "everyone gets a trophy" and "no scorekeeping" attitude seen in children's "sports". My son & daughter got a few of these as kids, no clue where they ended up. On the other hand, the ones they got for *actually* acomplishing something, are still promeniantly displayed to this day........
By the same token, I have trophies that I have won at car shows, and at racing events, with the same car. The show trophies are stashed in the corner, while the racing ones are displayed front and center.

I've gotten plenty of + rep from users here, and an occasional - rep. Most of the -rep was from someone with a bad attitude that simply didn't like hearing the cold hard truth, or simply didn't like something I said whether it was directed at them or not.
Personally, I don't give a rat's patoot about the rep system. I don't answer questions/make comments hoping someone will "reward" me. I also don't hold back on saying something due to a fear of getting a "smackdown". Like me or hate me, I don't care. But, you will know where I stand......
Heck, another forum I belong to has a "karma" feature, with "applaud/smite" as options. Users can add a custom text into the same location as the "karma", so I added "Smite me!" to mine, and changed my avatar to a "Give a *darn* broken" gif. I'm proud to say I hold the record for the most smites among active users. Oh darn, negative karma, what will I ever do????? LOL.
1984 CRX 35 MPG go kart
1995 Mazda B2300 (undercover Ford)
Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.Jeff and Nicolle has a great reputation on FTE.
I have been on the receiving end of negative from a member (now banned) and I didn't deserve it. If you are bi-polar and get off by causing trouble, then you shouldn't be on this forum. Period..
This forum is one of very few, that I can still access at work. They don't allow any access to the typical BS forums. That is a positive note for the quality of this forum. I am not here to argue with anyone or cause issues. I am here to learn and help others where i can. Otherwise i just blow past any argumentative post. I say remove the negative rep.
If you got issues with someone you can PM them. I don't need to be involved in your personality conflict.
That being said...Have a great day!
Old 07-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Post Fiend

just another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputationjust another truck has a superb reputation
See, I feel the the bad rep tag was a good idea, there are those that deserve to be put in their place, and yes, I have even recieved them. Rightfully so maybe.. but if it is the choice of this web site, so be it..It is not going to chase me out of here.

My name is Pat, i have not purchased a firearm in 2
day (s). I am Strong, I dont need another Firearm, I am happy purchasing ammo for the fire arms I have. Purchasing the wrong ammo is not an excues to buy another firearm.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:59 PM
Post Fiend

ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.ChaseTruck754 has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_Wulff View Post
Kinda reminds me of the "everyone gets a trophy" and "no scorekeeping" attitude seen in children's "sports".... snip
I couldn't have said it better myself (the whole post - not just what I shortened it to)!

I've left neg reps to those who I believe deserved it (guys going off on rants to newbies, generally disrespectful in posts, etc.) and have gotten neg reps from time to time too. I just don't get why we're taking away the one way we have to show other members who is a bad apple and who is not
long bed & 1974 Ford F100 Supercab - 2wds
1974 Ford F250 4x4 Crew cab
thread in "motor swap" forum
1989 Ford Ranger= Never gonna be done...
1972 Alfa Romeo GTV & 1999 Toyota Tacoma 4wd = DD
Old 07-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
To me this is just a "shoulder shrug". OK with that. If there is a post that's so bad to "reward" a negative rep, hit the REPORT POST ( ! ) icon and let the mods sort it out.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm hitting easy street

amdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant futureamdriven2liv has a brilliant future
From my point of view, if a person has driven me to the point of giving a -rep, then I just put them on ignore. I haven't used the -rep button, so it wont be missed.

And, by the way, my ignore list has 1 person on it. In three years.

Kind of tells you about the folks here.

Vote for my truckhttp://www.powerstroke.org/forum/pow...test-poll.html"Drive it like you know how to fix it!"
Old 07-23-2012, 01:40 PM