Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Posting Guru

Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.Awitte58 has a good reputation on FTE.
Ive never used it, nor been repped negatively that I recall... or just havent noticed it in my user cp.

ANYWAY, maybe it should be an option to those who are 'SUPPORTER's of the site, because with my experience those who are wililng to pay and support the site arent the ****** who just come on and negative rep over some story or someone's opinion differing from their own.
I like to think they would actually use it when it applies... like if somebody is repeatedly posting up false/wrong information and ignoring when people are trying to help and correct it.

Just my .02... I didnt even know you could disapprove.. I just click the heart and put up something like "good info!" and let it go. lol

Old 07-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awitte58 View Post
Ive never used it, nor been repped negatively that I recall... or just havent noticed it in my user cp.

ANYWAY, maybe it should be an option to those who are 'SUPPORTER's of the site, because with my experience those who are wililng to pay and support the site arent the ****** who just come on and negative rep over some story or someone's opinion differing from their own.
I like to think they would actually use it when it applies... like if somebody is repeatedly posting up false/wrong information and ignoring when people are trying to help and correct it.

Just my .02... I didnt even know you could disapprove.. I just click the heart and put up something like "good info!" and let it go. lol
Nope, that doesn't work either. The jerk that gave me bad rep because he didn't agree with my opinion WAS a supporter!

1949 F-1
Old 07-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Elder User

Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigF350 View Post
Based on feedback, the moderation team have elected to remove the "I disapprove" option on posts (or as it may also be known... to leave "negative reputation").
This will go into action in approximately 1 weeks time.

The ability to utilize the "I approve" function on posts (or to leave positive reputation to other users) will remain as it is today.

For users who have previously received negative reputation (displayed as a red box in your User CP), sadly there is no simple way for us to remove those from the record, and thus they will still be listed in your total reputation count.
You can edit Rep from the Admin CP in VB from the users profile (its down on the lower right above PM permissions IIRC). Its just a number add 15 per offense for the most part. Press enter to save and its done.Yet, I agree not wasting the time to edit negative rep off a user that most likely earned it to begin with. Personally I ignore a users rep seeing it means nothing in the long run when you need advice.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:53 PM
Post Fiend

56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation56panelford has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford View Post
Well I guess I'll have to continue to slam them in public and get sent to the woodshed if I ruffle a Special Person.
Dick, I thought you were a special person
Old 07-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Post Fiend

GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.GreatNorthWoods has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56panelford View Post
Dick, I thought you were a special person
Dick has always been "special"!

1949 F-1
Old 07-25-2012, 04:44 AM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankrupter View Post
You can edit Rep from the Admin CP in VB from the users profile (its down on the lower right above PM permissions IIRC). Its just a number add 15 per offense for the most part. Press enter to save and its done.Yet, I agree not wasting the time to edit negative rep off a user that most likely earned it to begin with. Personally I ignore a users rep seeing it means nothing in the long run when you need advice.
It can be done - likewise we could do a DB query.

The first is way too much work for a site of this size, the later has potential hazardous implications
Old 07-25-2012, 10:47 AM
Elder User

Bankrupter is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigF350 View Post
It can be done - likewise we could do a DB query.

The first is way too much work for a site of this size, the later has potential hazardous implications
Agreed, as I said above... Keep up the good work.

" An individual is intelligent, People are stupid." You said it all with the comment, "site of this size". People hate change... Hope it all goes smooth for you and the team. Also hope my comment about it can be done, does not make issues for you. That was not my intent and I should have put more thought into it before I opened my mouth.

My VB data base was only 15K members. It was much easier to make changes. I don't know if I would have announced this change myself. It mostly only riles up the riff raff that want what they earned, removed. As far as I see it... this change makes no impact on the site other then smoothing member relations. I agree with the move.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Senior User

finitetime is starting off with a positive reputation.
What!!! We have reps? I only been here a few years but I have never heard of this. How do you check peoples reps?

I personally would put much stock in reps anyways. Why cause if you asking advice you have to remember 2 things.

1.) Everyone is right sometimes.

2.) Nobody is right all the time.

That's why you should read everything, get several opinions and use your own judgement that way if the opinion you decide to listen to turns out to be wrong then its your fault cause you had other choices.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
The "FAQ" link has that answer

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - FAQ: User Profile Features

The only part of that explanation that is incorrect is the part about the ability to disable the display of our reputation points. We don't have that at this time.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Senior User

finitetime is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBricks View Post
The "FAQ" link has that answer
Oh That's what that those green dots are.

Guess I learned something new today.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:56 PM
Posting Guru

Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Since so many of your are WITH the idea of getting rid of the negative reps, maybe I should give everyone on this thread a negative rep just so we can remember that we had them.

Just kidding hahaha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlmariuslxl
Aaron, you are the man.
Old 07-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
Wouldn't matter. They go away after a while anyway.
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

"--You went out there to talk. Why did you kill that man?" -- "Conversation just kinda dried up." - John Henry Thomas
Old 07-26-2012, 05:17 AM
MMNC (SS)

Tylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputationTylus has a superb reputation
surprised that so many people feel so strongly about them.

I've gotten a few I deserved. I don't return the favor for those. But then, I've gotten a ton of negatives over the years because I pissed in someones wheaties about some stupid vitrol they were spouting. It's funny to read the neg comments when all I wanted was some proof behind their concept.

ie: Brown Water...aka...Hydrogen Generation...aka...Perpetual motion fuel. Man I have gotten quite a few negatives from that idiocy

The negatives I didn't earn **** me off. If I'm being a jack***, just tell me. But please don't go behind my back like a little school girl . I'd like to see the reps posted for everyone to see personally.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:27 AM
Posting Guru

Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.Aaron-71 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kw5413 View Post
Wouldn't matter. They go away after a while anyway.
If you play the "reps game" like I've seen some do... (100 posts, joined last month and their reps are maxxed out)... then yeah...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlmariuslxl
Aaron, you are the man.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
I have never played the rep game. In fact, the rep game is the reason that limitations were put in place a few years ago. Some folks in the old Northwest Chapter got a tad overzealous with it.

In any case, about 15 rep hits and the 16th drops off the list.
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

"--You went out there to talk. Why did you kill that man?" -- "Conversation just kinda dried up." - John Henry Thomas
Old 07-26-2012, 11:09 AM