Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Truck Enthusiasts Site Navigation > Site Announcements
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Postmaster

pjwoolw has a great reputation on FTE.pjwoolw has a great reputation on FTE.pjwoolw has a great reputation on FTE.pjwoolw has a great reputation on FTE.pjwoolw has a great reputation on FTE.
Good deal guys! There is enough negativity on forums in general. Glad to see that feature gone!

Old 07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Fortune Favors The Brave

kw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputationkw5413 has a superb reputation
As it has evolved, the rep system here at FTE is a warm and fuzzy feel good vehicle for both the dispenser and receiver. Shouldn't be a gage of how bad someone felt against someone else or their post. Most people already know it by then anyway, so it really is just a poke.

Its for fun....no sense in using it to kick sand around on the playground. All a negative rep does is stick around long enough to keep people aggravated at each other. IMPO, issuing neg reps is kinda chicken.....poo.

But, that's just me.
Book Of kw5413 Chapter 2014 verse 02:28

There three types of people in this world.... Those who can count and those who can't

Old 07-23-2012, 02:26 PM
Post Fiend

jdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputationjdadamsjr has a superb reputation
I tried to neg rep kw many times - but the site said enough people had dinged him already

Now, ask me about the rep policy of having to spread it around ?!?

If kw helps me ten times and no one else does, why should I have to pat them on the back before I can give kw more atta boy !?!
all gone:12 MVP Destiny 355RE 5er,12 F250 6.7 CCSB Grey Metallic Lariat w/ Ultimate Pkg,05 Ex 4x4 6L,03 Ex 4x4 6L,02 Ex 4x2 7.3L
Old 07-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Still learning every day!

F250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputationF250_ has a superb reputation
I guess that lines have to be drawn in the sand, and regardless of where they are drawn, someone's not going to be happy.

I believe the neg rep thing was OK and had a potential purpose, but there should have been some sort of "appeals" process for when it was abused. Without any form of appeal in such a case, I'm sorta leaning towards getting rid of it being the lesser of two evils ("trophies for everyone" mentality being the other evil).

Besides, if the rep thing is "just for fun only", then I believe the chiclets ought to be moved to our personal profile pages and not prominantly displayed as if they really mean something. That way, the info can still be had if you want to "check up" on who's posting, but the absence of the rep meter would create a more neutral flavor to the entire posting environment. Those of us who are regularly here know who the knowledgeable and helpful souls are, and we vouch for one another freely. We also know who typically likes to just hear themselves talk and sling BS everywhere they go.

It's really no skin off my nose either way.
Pete (F250_) -- PAA#19
'02 F250 PSD, CC, SB, XLT, 2WD: 252K miles
Basic, low cost, not really performance enhancing mods.
'03 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) PSD, 2WD, 176K miles - Stock.
http://guzzle.rbmicro.com/7pt3/Mods.html
Old 07-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Posting Guru

CornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud ofCornTruckDriver has much to be proud of
Not that anyone cares, But I haven't got a clue what this is all about. What do you have to do to get one of these negative dewhickies?????
Old 07-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Post Fiend

kjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to beholdkjett is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornTruckDriver View Post
Not that anyone cares, But I haven't got a clue what this is all about. What do you have to do to get one of these negative dewhickies?????
Be a douche in all your posts is a good way to start

Free Paul and Dan from random moderator oppression!!!

1995 F-150
Ranger Mud Truck
Old 07-23-2012, 05:25 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
I think it is a good move for the forum. Any disagreements can be discussed offline with PM's and Mods if needed. Plus, you can still report a post that violates the rules so there will still be checks and balances.

No one ever sees a negative rep anyhow. The only people who knew where the rep giver and rep receiver unless it was posted and discussed in a thread and that just throws more fuel on the fire.
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Elder User

tbirdscott is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you can earn positive rep then you can earn negative rep too. IMO the whole rep system is a joke, never have paid attention to it on this or any forum so it's absence wont bother me at all. About as important as post count...
1994 F350 IDI turbo getting a 1959 Mercury M700 body transplant
1994.5 F250 PSD, 5spd 4" rancho on 35's
Old 07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Postmaster

Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.Fordzilla80 has a great reputation on FTE.
I have to disagree, as was said before, it's just like giving every kid a trophy at the end of the season. It's like giving every employee in a company a flat pay rate, even when a few of the employees constantly disappear into the bathroom to call their friends.
2003 Ford Ranger Edge+
-3.0 V6/M5OD-R1/Ford 8.8
Old 07-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Post Fiend

4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all4tl8ford is a name known to all
Well I guess I'll have to continue to slam them in public and get sent to the woodshed if I ruffle a Special Person.
1952 Ford F2x2 (Non-Stock Flat 6)
1997 Ford Explorer
Every Thing I've Ever Said Is A Lie
Old 07-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Internet Brands

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
This is kinda silly, cause when we have ******s come into threads, we throw up negative reps to the person if they deserve it.

Are we going for that idea that they have in school now? Everyone is special?

At least change the rep limit so I can give people rep points instead of getting the "spread the love" message for all 20 users that I try and rep.
The intent of this change is not the "Everyone gets a trophy" concept.
There are channels, both public and private to raise disputes with other users, we don't intend on changing those. The intent of this feature was originally for people to be able to voice their disapproval at ones technical advice - however our experience is that it has been utilised instead as a vindictive tool, which has hampered the general moderation efforts to keep participation within our guidelines.

Many might suggest that the reputation system as it stands today isn't being utilised for its original intent and purpose (and I, for one wouldn't disagree with that assessment), however as it stands today we are only removing the option to leave negative reputation, as not only does it no longer serve its original purpose, it is being utilized in a manner that encourages users to violate our guidelines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornTruckDriver View Post
If a user wishes to leave you with negative reputation (the green boxes in the top right hand corner of your posting box) on your post. Leaving negative reputation means that a the number of your boxes decreases (and eventually the boxes will change to red if you have "0" reputation)
Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 PM
Senior User

Intimnasc is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I lean towards the who cares train of thought. I have never paid attention to anyones rep just what they have to say. But hey if it makes everyone happier its a good move. These boards rock and I don't need to know if someone else liked you or not.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:15 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
I tend to agree with your statement about the REP SYSTEM not being utilized for it's original intent and purpose as I understood it when I signed on.

My family's gene pool could use some chlorine!!!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:50 PM
Post Fiend

Zookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to beholdZookie400 is a splendid one to behold
i think the entire rep system is just silly and meaningless, nothing more than a little fun.

most of my reps received are from saying good morning in a BS thread.

MY YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Old 07-23-2012, 09:47 PM

tseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputationtseekins has a superb reputation
I fully supported removing the neg-rep button. It made my job as a mod harder than it needed to be.

I too have been neg-repped and it sucked though I've never seen fit to use that feature. It's hateful, sneaky and requires no courage what so ever to make a point.

I thank Adrian for posting this and appreciate everyone's comments.
2010 Ford Focus
2004 Expedition XLT 4x2

FTE Guidelines
Old 07-23-2012, 09:47 PM