Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2012, 10:21 AM
Elder User

Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Start and Stall, Problem Water Separator

Hey all....

FYI - I just thought I would post this. This started recently and immediately. I would start the ol' girl (6.9) and and she'd run for a minute or two and stall. During the run time she sounded as if there was air in the fuel, not smooth and a bit rough and light. I began to think it was my pick up tubes in the tank but it was occurring on both tanks, even when full, so I decided to check my water separator first. I removed the separator from the circuit and put a clear filter in its place where I could monitor fuel supply and quality during this time.

The water separator was indeed the problem as it was letting air into the fuel line. I got the present separator from a fellow member years ago and it was a crap-shoot on how long it would last, but I cleaned it up and replaced some seals before installing it. Anyway, I'm going to put a new separator in the circuit, but they are discontinued.

Have a great day and thanks for reading.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Is this a 6.0 or a 7.3?

The frame mounted one on the 6.0 is a know problem with a cheap fix from some of the online vendors. Not sure about the 7.3's though.

Glad you figured it out quick!
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Elder User

Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
6.9, sorry
Old 07-30-2012, 07:44 PM