Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Transit Connect
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Transit Connect 2010+ Ford Transit Connect

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Freshman User

jefflaur1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question Best replacement tires?

Zeroing in on having to get a new set of tires for my TC. We use it to transport rescued dogs and cats from shelters to foster homes, and I want to get a quiet ride, and a solid commercial grade tire. What say you?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Check out Yokohama YK580....America Tire Company/Discout Tire is the distributor & come with a 60K warranty.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:10 AM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
Not having to be concerned with load ratings (unless those are really big dogs you carry) you should have no trouble finding a good tire to meet your needs. Just DO NOT get a "directional" tire. I have Michelin HydroEdge's because I do carry the max load (+some). They are awesome rain tires but they roar terribly on this little van. They are driving me batty! I have 50K on them, with another 40K +/- before they'll be worn enough to justify replacement. I'll probably go back to the OEM Continentals. Good luck! Transit Connect and Michelin HydroEdge ........ just don't do it!

Oh, thanks for your animal rescue participation! We have two horses and one dog that are rescues.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 08-28-2012, 04:11 PM
New User

Capnbill is starting off with a positive reputation.
TPMS

We just got a 2011 Transit Connect for my wife's business...and I get to drive it The other day, the TPMS amber warning light came on. No flat tire, but when I got home I checked the pressures. They were in the 30's, so I checked the recommended pressures on the stock Conti Pro Contacts: 40 front and 49 rear.

I topped the pressures up to recommended.

Here's the question The stamp on the sidewall of the Conti's says 50psi max. Is it really a good idea to run 49psi in the rears? We don't max the van out weightwise.
Old 09-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Postmaster

ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.ncranchero has a good reputation on FTE.
steve.mckellop
You have to run pretty close to the recommended pressures or you'll get the light.
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 09-16-2012, 02:18 PM
New User

OK. Got a road trip planned but before we go I'm getting the tries rotated and balanced at the dealer. We'll see if they've got the procedure down for the TPMS reset after rotation.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Posting Guru

Papa Tiger has a good reputation on FTE.Papa Tiger has a good reputation on FTE.
Hankook's are good.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Senior User

Little General is starting off with a positive reputation.
Crappy thin tires

My 2012 TC has the factory Centennial Conprocrap and they have picked up at least one nail or screw in each tire. At 9000 miles I have a spare with a patch in the sidewall and plugs in the other 4 tires.I called my local tire guy and asked if there were better (thicker) heavy duty tires and it appears all this size are light car tires. Anyone else having these issues? I know its not the truck and we service lawn sprinklers all around Charlotte, N.C. I guess it just could a streak of bad luck. I'm not even going to rotate them, just replace them soon. On the other hand, since I replaced a gas F350 for a service truck with a TC my fuel bill for that one service truck went from $1000 to $400. It pays its own payment and insurance with the fuel savings and my customers think its cute. Plus , the service man looks and acts exactly like Si from Duck Dynasty.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:58 AM
New User

The latest on the tire saga from Vero Beach, FL. Before our road trip up to High Point, NC last fall we took the TC in to get the oil changed and have the tires rotated and balanced. The van had only about 3500 miles on it, but they found they couldn't balance the front tires, so they replaced them. It was free, but it makes me wonder about buying Conti's when it's time.
Also thinking about going to 16" rims.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:24 PM
Postmaster

steve.mckellop
I'm in Charlotte too. My new set is Falken in 215/65R15 and I like them fine. I load it to the max on most Tuesdays a run to Raleigh/Rocky Mount and back. They're economical and ride/handle just fine. I'll get the info off of them or you could even have a look at them if you wish since you're local. let me know.....
'14 TRANSIT Connect
Old 09-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Senior User

Little General is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just read about a guy the put Yokomaha AT 205-70-15 all terrains on his TC. I put the Goodyear Assure ? on mine for a service man to drive. Anyway, he retired and I'm driving the truck now. The tires have 30,000 miles an them and he didn't take them in to be rotated and now they are cupped and roar like a MF. I don't know if i want to suffer or put on new tires. Im looking for a set of Volvo rims to replace the stockers and if I sell the truck, I will have a set of good tread, roaring ties to put on it. I guess the TC has no sound insulation and if you don't keep the tires rotated you better have a loud stereo.

Operation Adventure Transit - Accessories and Modifications - Ford Transit Connect Forum
Old 09-24-2014, 05:14 PM