6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Line X RockerPanels

Old 07-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Line X RockerPanels

Pro Tip: Offroading in the Arizona desert is an excellent way to chip the paint on your new truck.

That being said, anyone line x the rocker panels on their truck? Pics? Im pretty tempted...

Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 PM
IronHorsePilot
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a friend who has a Dodge 3/4 ton diesel that has the larger buschwhacker fender flares and front and rear bumpers that are rhino lined. Looks pretty nice. He cleans them with WD-40. Gives them that glossy look.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:14 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
if i do the rocker panels, i will likely install bushwackers as well. prolly leave em unpainted, but still out to lunch on that topic. as for the shiny look, i will have the uv protectant sprayed on the line x to keep it looking new forever....

Old 07-21-2012, 06:21 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
Common up here in the winter "salt belt"

1,400$ for line-x rockers and the believe the spray the underside a bit too

Old 07-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
i got quoted 800 in LA to include the UV treatment in the bed as well.... he broke it down as 650 for the rockers and 150 for the bed UV spray. At first i was scared at the cost, but now im feelin like its a bargain!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:28 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
i got quoted 800 in LA to include the UV treatment in the bed as well.... he broke it down as 650 for the rockers and 150 for the bed UV spray. At first i was scared at the cost, but now im feelin like its a bargain!
Wow, what does a just a truck bed cost down there?? My quote they do a fair bit of the underside as well, almost like an undercoating and a 12 inches up the rockers.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:35 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
its about 460 for a long bed, under the rails, and no tailgate. not sure id want the undercoating thing.... i thought about it, and looked at it closely...but came up with more questions than answers and dropped the idea.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:41 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Tuxedo Scorpion
its about 460 for a long bed, under the rails, and no tailgate. not sure id want the undercoating thing.... i thought about it, and looked at it closely...but came up with more questions than answers and dropped the idea.
I'm unsure of the undercoating myself, seems like it would a pita to get any bolts off after, etc. I'm still interested in getting my rockers down though, they dump so much salt up here in the winter, doesn't take long for one nick start rusting. To get a short bed line-x'ed its closer to 600 $ for me, no tailgate, no rails. Gotta love living up North!

Old 07-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
your talking canadian prices tho right. seems like your on the right track about the undercoating topic. its a tempting idea but i think good cleaning and maintenance will go farther in the long run

Old 07-21-2012, 06:51 PM
2ndStroke
Lead Driver
Ya thats canadian prices eh. I think I might try that tarry stuff they spray underneath this winter. I already have a small rust spot at the bottom of my rocker at the pinch and I'm obsessed with washing in the winter.

Old 07-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
i too was obsessed with winter washing when in salt country. im glad to be back in Arizona and California where the worst of it is rocks and heat. both of which i can deal with. rust makes me dizzy tho. check out fluid film if you want a good corrosion protectant....

Old 07-21-2012, 07:14 PM
biz4two
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow

If possible...I would go with a 3M type clear sleeve for the rocker panels. Easy on...and def easy off if needed.

biz

Old 07-21-2012, 08:10 PM
2addy
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Expel makes a pretty nice product for rocker panels that I was considering but I'm not sure about making a straight line without any side moldings on the truck. I'm going Monday to get a quote on bedliner to see how much it would be for the rocker panels, underneath and bed; if it's reasonable, that's the way I'm going.

Expel is $140 at Amazon and that was about the cheapest I found it. Comes in two 15' rolls.

https://xpel.com/diy_paint_protectio...rocker_guards/

http://www.amazon.com/Xpel-R3028-1-U...+rocker+panels

Old 07-22-2012, 03:08 AM
Tuxedo Scorpion
Fleet Mechanic
Originally Posted by 2addy
Expel makes a pretty nice product for rocker panels that I was considering but I'm not sure about making a straight line without any side moldings on the truck. I'm going Monday to get a quote on bedliner to see how much it would be for the rocker panels, underneath and bed; if it's reasonable, that's the way I'm going.

Expel is $140 at Amazon and that was about the cheapest I found it. Comes in two 15' rolls.

https://xpel.com/diy_paint_protectio...rocker_guards/

http://www.amazon.com/Xpel-R3028-1-U...+rocker+panels
interesting...but think im gonna leave the straight edges up to the pros for this one. not that it cant be done, i just have bigger fish to fry lately. and i like line x a lot more...

Old 07-22-2012, 09:12 AM
AMEC Electric LLC
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Subscribed!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Line X RockerPanels