Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: archtaan

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Postmaster

Coskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to behold
Richmond 4x4 Expo

OK this is a good event and could very easily be turned into a GTG for the guys and gals close to the city.

August 18th, 2012 from 9AM- 5PM at Richmond International Raceway

This is a rain or shine event and last year they held it on August 27th the day Hurricane Irene hit the city and they said they still had a great turn out for it. They have a truck show that anyone can enter and give out prizes for the best in show of each class. Gives a ways and other demonstrations done on site including a Rollover Jeep demo which sounds pretty cool to me.

Anyway it is put on by Big Dogs Offroad club out of Winchester, VA

Sign Up for August 18th 4x4 Expo - Copy the sign up part and repost as a part of your reply
1. Drew
2. Dieselarmour
Old 07-18-2012, 01:24 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
Looks like an awesome event. Hopefully a bunch of VA folks can make it.

Drew, start a sign up sheet with your post and lets see if we can get a head count!
-Tim - Official Slackmaster #27
Excursion 2008 conversion Build threadl
Click here to Join The VA Chapter!
Old 07-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Elder User

Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Put me in. I miss the fellowship I experienced last time I saw everyone. I'm putting it on my calendar.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM
Postmaster

Coskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to beholdCoskid is a splendid one to behold
Just a quick update on this I was figuring on making it over to the Raceway about 12PM as that will still allow for time for anyone to come join who might not be local here in Richmond and still have enough time to see the whole Expo or most of it at least. I have been told it will be bigger then last year so I am excited for it again.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Posting Legend

fire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputationfire240 has a superb reputation
Wish I could make it but it is a week I will need to be at work.
2009 F-150 Super Cab XL 4X4 4.6L 2Valve V8 My build thread.Added: N-Fab light bar, Rigid Industries LED lights,Rough Country hidden winch mount with Rough Country 9500lb winch. 2" leveling kit from Hell Bent Steel.Up next: wheels and tires.
Big Bser number XO Slackmaster#5
RIP Stevebricks. You will be missed.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:25 AM
Postmaster

bumping in case anyone else can come. I am heading over on Saturday morning about 11:30am to enjoy the afternoon at the show.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:20 PM
Elder User

Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Dieselamour is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm going to have to cancel. My schedule has not worked out for me this week. Enjoy yourself Coskid. I'll have to catch the next one. Be safe.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Postmaster

I was extremely disappointed with it this year!! They had some cool rigs there but the vendors fell way short this year compared to last. And then on top of it all I forgot my camera so I don't even have pictures of some of the cooler rigs in the show.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

archtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputationarchtaan has a superb reputation
No pics

Too bad the show was weak. Maybe next year.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Postmaster

Well last year they had a good turn out from both vendors and visitors and that was even with a Hurricane hitting town the same day. I hope next year will be better.

Even if I had my camera I would not of gotten many pictures as my boys were not as interested in looking at the trucks and jeeps as I was or hoped they be. The RV/Boat show next door was OK though so we hit it too and the boys had more fun there.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Virginia Chapter LDR

I wonder if there were some competing events that were drawing participants and vendors away?
Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Postmaster

Maybe my guess is after the hurricane rolled through the 1st year it was going it scared some vendors away as the turn out was not great last year. I would guess next year will be better as they still had 30 some vehicles in the show. And all the 4x4 clubs from around VA turned out too. A lot more then I thought there was in the state.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:36 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Virginia Chapter