Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.2L V8 Discuss the 6.2L V8

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Senior User

Knothole is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stealing my own Gas

I did not do very well with this question in the SD forum so maybe someone here that is really familiar with the 2012 gasoline line "plumbing" can point me in the right direction. I understand gas cans, so can we move beyond that. With my previous truck I could use a 3/8 length of "rubber" fuel line e/w a marine primer bulb and easily siphon gas. That is not possible with this new F250. I also know that this will make the MPG display incorrect, but that is not an issue.

I have had occasions when my chainsaw gas can has run low. I had another occasion when a kid on a 4 wheeler had run out of gas and I simply siphoned out enough for him to get home. We travel with a truck camper and Honda EU2000 generator. There is no safe place to carry a gas can, so it was a simple matter to simply siphon and fill the generator tank.

Maybe installing a "T" and shutoff valve in a convenient location. Maybe someone knows the "plumbing" well enough and can make a suggestion as to where??
Old 07-14-2012, 05:16 AM
Senior User

RZAR is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knothole View Post
I did not do very well with this question in the SD forum so maybe someone here that is really familiar with the 2012 gasoline line "plumbing" can point me in the right direction. I understand gas cans, so can we move beyond that. With my previous truck I could use a 3/8 length of "rubber" fuel line e/w a marine primer bulb and easily siphon gas. That is not possible with this new F250. I also know that this will make the MPG display incorrect, but that is not an issue.

I have had occasions when my chainsaw gas can has run low. I had another occasion when a kid on a 4 wheeler had run out of gas and I simply siphoned out enough for him to get home. We travel with a truck camper and Honda EU2000 generator. There is no safe place to carry a gas can, so it was a simple matter to simply siphon and fill the generator tank.

Maybe installing a "T" and shutoff valve in a convenient location. Maybe someone knows the "plumbing" well enough and can make a suggestion as to where??
Wow I am in the exact same situation as you. I carry a Lance and also have a Honda EU2000 but no space to carry extra gas for it. I thought about putting a little custom square 5 gallon metal gas tank somewhere inside the frame rails near the tank filler. Then use that extra hole next to the gas tank filler and run filler hose for the extra tank.

2011 F350 4x4 Regular cab 6.2 4.30
Old 07-14-2012, 05:37 AM

2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold2000silverbullet is a splendid one to behold
How about a hitch carrier?

I suggested the same thing in knothole's other thread but never saw a response...

Matt
2011 F350 - 6.2 CC, LB, 4.30s, Lariat Ultimate pkg, FX4, Amp steps, Lockpick, AC LC6i, JL HD900/5, JL 13TW5, JL C5-570's, Bilstein 7100 stabilizer, Rancho RS9000XL's, Leveled w/ 35" Toyo M/T's and 5 Star tuned
**Sold - 2000 F250 V10, 6.5" Pro Comp, 37" Toyo MT's
Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Senior User

I have a hitch carrier. It would interfere with the steps, and would have to be unloaded and removed before you could access the camper. Sure it would work, but life would be simpler just pumping/siphoning from the truck's fuel tank.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 AM
New User

Mello Mike is starting off with a positive reputation.
I, too, have a truck camper. Have you considered installing a front hitch and buying a hitch hauler carrier? Lots of truck camper owners do this.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Senior User

I have a grill guard/winch, so that option is probably out also. I have not given up, I just have not had time to do some crawling around. I figured a Ford tech. would have the quick answer.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 6.2L V8