Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-12-2012, 01:46 PM
New User

slapper is starting off with a positive reputation.
2006 ford f-250 diesel body lift

I'm new here, and this question has proably been asked a 1000 times. Can I install a 3" body lift on my 06 diesel. I was thinking on ordering an 02 kit then modifiying parts / truck to make it work? I already have a 6" susp. lift on the truck. thanks for any input.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 PM
Junior User

Mark Alligood is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mark Alligood
I'm sure you probably can but the real question is do you want to? I know they are an easy and relatively cheap way to add some lift to a truck but in the long run it might end up costing you more than doing an actual suspension lift that will get you where you want to be. If you take a paperclip and bend it back and forth it will eventually break, kinda the same concept when you get into the taller body lifts. The weight of your body will sway back and forth slightly because it is sitting off of the frame and has lost some rigidity. Eventually something in the body mounting system is going to give. I used to have one in a jeep that I had I watched a friends give out on a trail and the passenger side of his body dropped back onto the frame. It ended up busting a hole in that side of the radiator and bending a couple of linkages that were extended due to the lift. Mine came out the minute I got home from that run. I'm not saying don't do it, just give it some thought. That was just my experience with them so that's not to say that others have not had better luck.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Junior User

TomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud ofTomB985 has much to be proud of
While I'm sure it could be done I'm not sure why you'd want to. Most body lifts are easy to pick out and look pretty cheap IMHO.

But do what makes you happy, can you post some pics of your current truck?
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM

redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.redford has a spectacular reputation.
There is a reason you do not seen Super Duty trucks with body lifts. No one makes a body lift for these trucks. As I recall, it has something to do with the radiator and surrounding structure.

Get a suspension lift.

2007 F-250 Super Cab Short Bed 4x4 XLT Sport Package 5.4L 3.73LS Tow Command

Stuart
Retired Master Sergeant

FTE Guidelines
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty