Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Posting Guru

homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.
WANTED, OLD FUEL TANKER TRUCK

I have a buddy who is looking for an old fuel delivery truck. He has a fuel delivery business which was handed down from his father. He has alot of old gas and oil stuff and now wants a truck. He is a Ford man but would be ok with a GM or other models if anyone knows of anything in your area that is in a rebuildable condition, Thanks Garry
Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM
Junior User

OK F1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I know this doesn't meet your request, but I love this truck! I wonder if your friend plans to do something similar.Click the image to open in full size.

I've seen this truck in person a few times at the NSRA SW nationals. Lots of character! The fact it's a 34 Ford makes it that much better.

Kreg
Old 07-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Post Fiend

bobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to beholdbobj49f2 is a splendid one to behold
This truck used to site next to a BP station in central Eastern WI along US Hwy 43 near Sheboygan, WI . It's been a while since I've talked to the guy who told me about it. Sorry, I don't know the exact location but man, I aways wanted to go up there and check it out. The truck stop was using it as an oil recycling barrel. Wish I could have been more help but I thought I'd share this picture.

Click the image to open in full size.
48/51 F-4 flatbed (2 in 1)/49 8N tractor

www.fatfenderedtrucks.com

Old 07-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
This truck is sitting in a guys yard in Aztec, New Mexico. As far as I know its not for sale but you never know. I'll be passing through the area on Thursday afternoon. I'll try to see if anyone is around at the house and get some info.

Bobby
Attached Images

1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 PM
oldmerc

oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.oldmerc has a great reputation on FTE.
bobbytnm everything is for sale
Iffley Saskatchewan
Old 07-10-2012, 07:30 PM
Posting Guru

Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.Stephen67 has a good reputation on FTE.
Wasn't there a 56 with 'Shell' gas tank on it a while back ? Was yellow and pretty awesome looking.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:17 PM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen67 View Post
Wasn't there a 56 with 'Shell' gas tank on it a while back ? Was yellow and pretty awesome looking.
Yup, but it was in the high-desert valley of California. Kind of a long way to Kentucky.
...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-10-2012, 08:46 PM
Posting Guru

homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.homade has a good reputation on FTE.
Thanks guys, hopefully someone a little closer will come up with something. I think he may be in to something around $10,000 or so and then go from there, Garry
Old 07-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Post Fiend

52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all52 Merc is a name known to all
That was going to be my question; how far is he willing to travel, or have one shipped? There's bound to be plenty of them out there, it's just a matter of where.

Wayne
52 Mercury M-1
among other things.
Old 07-11-2012, 06:33 AM
Still Learnin'

petemcl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.petemcl is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Just for inspiration here is a 1938 Dodge Airflow Tanker at the Henry Ford Museum. The Walter P. Chrysler Museum has one too. The one at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum was quite expensive to restore . . . rumored to be $100K. I believe that Texaco paid part of the restoration costs. The one at Henry Ford may not have been quite that much as it was done 20+ years ago I think.

And here is an odd Dodge tanker (1936?) that has a standard cab and an airflow tank that somebody found and hauled home. So they are out there you just have to find them.

It would be great to find a fat fender with streamlined tank.
Attached Images

2011 John Deere 2520
1950 Ford F2 w/flathead V8/4-speed
. . .. . .
Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 AM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by petemcl View Post
Just for inspiration here is a 1938 Dodge Airflow Tanker at the Henry Ford Museum. The Walter P. Chrysler Museum has one too. The one at the Walter P. Chrysler Museum was quite expensive to restore . . . rumored to be $100K. I believe that Texaco paid part of the restoration costs. The one at Henry Ford may not have been quite that much as it was done 20+ years ago I think.

And here is an odd Dodge tanker (1936?) that has a standard cab and an airflow tank that somebody found and hauled home. So they are out there you just have to find them.

It would be great to find a fat fender with streamlined tank.
I love those Airflows!
Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Post Fiend

51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.51PanelMan has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut122 View Post
I love those Airflows!

Then how about this one in my stable...

...and way too many Bonus Built/Economy Built parts...
-----------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Posting Guru

It all depends what is out there as to how far he'll travel to get it, or how far he'll pay me to go get it. I love road trips especially to get something thst is different, it will have to be somewhat in fair condition, you know something that not pure junk that has most of the original components.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Posting Guru

carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.carnut122 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan View Post

Then how about this one in my stable...

That's a great looking car! I didn't know they made a truck version of it.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Roast em' if you got 'em

bobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to beholdbobbytnm is a splendid one to behold
I drove through Aztec, NM this afternoon. I couldn't find anyone to talk to about the truck, no one was home.

Bobby
1967 Jeepster Commando
1994 Harley Road King
Old 07-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks