Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Washington Chapter Washington Chapter
Join Chapter, Leader: GruesomeJeans

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2012, 05:47 PM
New User

spikechaser is starting off with a positive reputation.
brand newbie user with electron problems

hello, I have been visiting the FTE website since I purchased my 77 f250 4x4 (351m) last March. Lots of very useful info to be found. Finally joined and have requested admittance to WA chapter so that I can meet/talk with the local crowd. Currently, I am going about trying to replace many of the "bolt-on" parts of the engine. I have already essentially replaced much of the front end (u-joints, axle races, brakes, etc.). Now I am having problems with the engine electrics. Have replaced the alternator (w/100A), regulator, battery, ig. module, ig. coil, etc. The problem now lies with getting a charge from the alternator. Can anybody reccomend a reliable mechanic in the south Seattle area w/ experience in the older Ford Trucks and their electrical systems?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:23 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
I don't know a mechanic but in know some fellow FTE members though could give you some things to try, one is named GreyStreak92 Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums - View Profile: greystreak92

This guy knows a ton about electronic stuff, and i highly recommend talking to him.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 07-09-2012, 09:49 PM
New User

spikechaser is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the contact. I'll try to start a dialogue w/ Greystreak92. Pretty sure that its my miswiring the new voltage reg. plug.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:00 PM
WAFTE Chapter LDR

GruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant futureGruesomeJeans has a brilliant future
pages/Bronco-Nation/333812929968547 GruesomeJeans
It could be, shouldn't be too difficult to rewire. Also check your grounds and stuff to make sure it is all correct and not shorting.
Visit Washington Chapter HERE!

Washington Member Map
Old 07-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Postmaster

Opossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to allOpossum is a name known to all
Yeah me, I'm in Renton
Old 07-31-2012, 05:23 PM
Elder User

Don S. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikechaser View Post
hello, I have been visiting the FTE website since I purchased my 77 f250 4x4 (351m) last March. Lots of very useful info to be found. Finally joined and have requested admittance to WA chapter so that I can meet/talk with the local crowd. Currently, I am going about trying to replace many of the "bolt-on" parts of the engine. I have already essentially replaced much of the front end (u-joints, axle races, brakes, etc.). Now I am having problems with the engine electrics. Have replaced the alternator (w/100A), regulator, battery, ig. module, ig. coil, etc. The problem now lies with getting a charge from the alternator. Can anybody reccomend a reliable mechanic in the south Seattle area w/ experience in the older Ford Trucks and their electrical systems?
How do you know your not getting a charge? What is your diagnosis from?

"Brutus" 1978 F-150 SC 4x4 BB460

" There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
" -Dave Barry, Nationally Syndicated Columnist
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 AM
New User

galaxist is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spikechaser, were you able to find a good mechanic in the Seattle area who likes to work on old Fords? Am having trouble locating a good one, and may have bit off a bit more than I can chew on my new "old" truck. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Washington Chapter