Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bedrug v.s. Rhino liner

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
madsonp
Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts
Bedrug v.s. Rhino liner

I bought a new 2012 F-250 and was looking at bed liners, I've kind of narrowed it down to either the Bedrug or the Rhino liner but I'd like to get some opinions from the real world before making a final decision. I pretty much just plan on using the bed of the truck for camping. I have an ARE Topper ordered and it should be in soon. So what do you guys think about which way to go on the liner, the two I'm looking at, or maybe you have a better suggestion ?

Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Received 2,363 Likes on 1,709 Posts
My vote would be for a Line-X. It would offer better protection should you decide to haul something one day.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
madsonp
Originally Posted by FORD COASTIE
My vote would be for a Line-X. It would offer better protection should you decide to haul something one day.
So what advantages do you see with the Line-X over the Rhino Liner ?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Originally Posted by madsonp
I had a Rhino Liner years ago on one of my trucks and had issues with it peeling when I would haul something heavy and slid it into the back of the truck. We also had some trucks at work at the time with the Rhino Liner that did the same thing. The shop where I had mine done was not the same place where we had the work trucks done, so I didn't blame it on poor application.

On my last two trucks, I had a Line-X installed and have not had any issues with it at all. I drove my 2004 for 7 years, and the liner looked the same as it did when I had it installed, except for some fading. Of course this won't happen in my new truck because I installed a Retrax bed cover on it. To me, it was apparent early on that the Line-X was a much better product. Hope this helps.

Old 07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Line-X warrantied by ANY Line-X dealer....Rhino only by the installer......big difference.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:34 PM
FORD COASTIE
Supporter of Patriotism
Originally Posted by BPofMD
Line-X warrantied by ANY Line-X dealer....Rhino only by the installer......big difference.
I'm glad you brought that up. I had totally forgotten about that.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LINE-X has almost a third higher tear strength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance. Also, LINE-X Premium won't fade like Rhino. However, since you have a topper, fading won't be an issue.

For camping though, you would probably be OK with a Bedrug.

Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
madsonp
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
LINE-X has almost a third higher tear strength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance. Also, LINE-X Premium won't fade like Rhino. However, since you have a topper, fading won't be an issue.

For camping though, you would probably be OK with a Bedrug.
I've decided that since the main use of my truck is for camping to go with the Bedrug. One good thing about the Bedrug is that if I don't like it down the road or if I decide to use the truck for something else other than camping, I can always pull it out and go with a spray on liner. Thanks for everyones input.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:08 AM
Beechkid
Received 210 Likes on 160 Posts
I have had bedrug for 6 years, I haul steel, wood & car parts...no issues...if I were going to haul dirt/leaves then i would lay a heavy tarp down 1st just for easy of offloading & bed cleaning (because it is a carpet type product)

Old 07-17-2012, 05:36 PM
madsonp
Originally Posted by Beechkid
I have had bedrug for 6 years, I haul steel, wood & car parts...no issues...if I were going to haul dirt/leaves then i would lay a heavy tarp down 1st just for easy of offloading & bed cleaning (because it is a carpet type product)
It's good to know it holds up so well, thanks for letting me know.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 PM
fz1dave
Super Duty
I've decided that since the main use of my truck is for camping to go with the Bedrug.
The right choice for sure! Crawling around on a spray-in is for guys that don't like their knees much.

One good thing about the Bedrug is that if I don't like it down the road or if I decide to use the truck for something else other than camping, I can always pull it out and go with a spray on liner.
And you can sell the BedRug. Try that with a spray-in!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
Having used , in my different trucks, a sheet of plywood, a rubber mat, a bed liner, and something similar to rhino liner, I'd go for a bed rug. Heck of a lot easier on the knees, if it will be covered, so much the better. Art (Krewat) had an article about installing a bed rug.
BedRug Tech Review .: Articles

I used a SEM product and rolled it on - similar to Line x or Rhino

Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 AM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
SEM is not like Rhino or LINE-X, actually, it's not even close, especially LINE-X. If it works for you, that's fine though.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 AM
GLR
FTE Legend
Received 853 Likes on 771 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy
SEM is not like Rhino or LINE-X, actually, it's not even close, especially LINE-X. If it works for you, that's fine though.
Just using for comparison, having never used Rhino or Line-X. Got SEM at local paint store, tinted to match truck, 2 part mix. Kit came with a spray gun similar to undercoating gun. 1987 F250-I rolled mine on because was working outside and was windy. Being tinted it does show scratches. Going back to original post I would recommend a bed rug for what the OP needed. I would have gone to the BR for a few hundred more $ if I was aware of it at the time.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
On Holiday
Tuned
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I have a Rhino in my 2003 F150. I had it installed back in 2003. It has faded from black to gray and the truck is mostly parked in the garage. I went with Rhino because the installer is just a few miles down the road where as LineX is about an hour away.

The Rhino has held up well (besides the fading) and have had no issues with it. My next truck will probably have LineX and a cap.

Quick Reply: Bedrug v.s. Rhino liner