Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2012, 09:08 PM
Posting Guru

madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.madsonp has a good reputation on FTE.
Bedrug v.s. Rhino liner

I bought a new 2012 F-250 and was looking at bed liners, I've kind of narrowed it down to either the Bedrug or the Rhino liner but I'd like to get some opinions from the real world before making a final decision. I pretty much just plan on using the bed of the truck for camping. I have an ARE Topper ordered and it should be in soon. So what do you guys think about which way to go on the liner, the two I'm looking at, or maybe you have a better suggestion ?
42 Ford 9N Tractor (old pig)

Old 07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Elder User

FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.
My vote would be for a Line-X. It would offer better protection should you decide to haul something one day.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD COASTIE View Post
My vote would be for a Line-X. It would offer better protection should you decide to haul something one day.
So what advantages do you see with the Line-X over the Rhino Liner ?

Old 07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Elder User

FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.FORD COASTIE has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madsonp View Post
I had a Rhino Liner years ago on one of my trucks and had issues with it peeling when I would haul something heavy and slid it into the back of the truck. We also had some trucks at work at the time with the Rhino Liner that did the same thing. The shop where I had mine done was not the same place where we had the work trucks done, so I didn't blame it on poor application.

On my last two trucks, I had a Line-X installed and have not had any issues with it at all. I drove my 2004 for 7 years, and the liner looked the same as it did when I had it installed, except for some fading. Of course this won't happen in my new truck because I installed a Retrax bed cover on it. To me, it was apparent early on that the Line-X was a much better product. Hope this helps.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Line-X warrantied by ANY Line-X dealer....Rhino only by the installer......big difference.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 07-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
Line-X warrantied by ANY Line-X dealer....Rhino only by the installer......big difference.
I'm glad you brought that up. I had totally forgotten about that.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Elder User

TruckDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
LINE-X has almost a third higher tear strength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance. Also, LINE-X Premium won't fade like Rhino. However, since you have a topper, fading won't be an issue.

For camping though, you would probably be OK with a Bedrug.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
LINE-X has almost a third higher tear strength, a 53% higher tensile strength, and a 45 degree higher temperature tolerance. Also, LINE-X Premium won't fade like Rhino. However, since you have a topper, fading won't be an issue.

For camping though, you would probably be OK with a Bedrug.
I've decided that since the main use of my truck is for camping to go with the Bedrug. One good thing about the Bedrug is that if I don't like it down the road or if I decide to use the truck for something else other than camping, I can always pull it out and go with a spray on liner. Thanks for everyones input.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:08 AM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
I have had bedrug for 6 years, I haul steel, wood & car parts...no issues...if I were going to haul dirt/leaves then i would lay a heavy tarp down 1st just for easy of offloading & bed cleaning (because it is a carpet type product)
Old 07-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechkid View Post
I have had bedrug for 6 years, I haul steel, wood & car parts...no issues...if I were going to haul dirt/leaves then i would lay a heavy tarp down 1st just for easy of offloading & bed cleaning (because it is a carpet type product)
It's good to know it holds up so well, thanks for letting me know.

Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Super Duty

fz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud offz1dave has much to be proud of
Quote:
I've decided that since the main use of my truck is for camping to go with the Bedrug.
The right choice for sure! Crawling around on a spray-in is for guys that don't like their knees much.

Quote:
One good thing about the Bedrug is that if I don't like it down the road or if I decide to use the truck for something else other than camping, I can always pull it out and go with a spray on liner.
And you can sell the BedRug. Try that with a spray-in!

2011 F250 6.2L XLT Crew Cab 4x4, 3.73.
Golden Bronze Clearcoat Metallic
2012 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
ARE Z Series Cap & BedRug
Audio upgrade
Old 08-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Having used , in my different trucks, a sheet of plywood, a rubber mat, a bed liner, and something similar to rhino liner, I'd go for a bed rug. Heck of a lot easier on the knees, if it will be covered, so much the better. Art (Krewat) had an article about installing a bed rug.
BedRug Tech Review .: Articles

I used a SEM product and rolled it on - similar to Line x or Rhino
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 08-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Elder User

TruckDaddy is starting off with a positive reputation.
SEM is not like Rhino or LINE-X, actually, it's not even close, especially LINE-X. If it works for you, that's fine though.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Post Fiend

GLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputationGLR has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDaddy View Post
SEM is not like Rhino or LINE-X, actually, it's not even close, especially LINE-X. If it works for you, that's fine though.
Just using for comparison, having never used Rhino or Line-X. Got SEM at local paint store, tinted to match truck, 2 part mix. Kit came with a spray gun similar to undercoating gun. 1987 F250-I rolled mine on because was working outside and was windy. Being tinted it does show scratches. Going back to original post I would recommend a bed rug for what the OP needed. I would have gone to the BR for a few hundred more $ if I was aware of it at the time.
[/SIGPIC]George 54 F100, 78 F150, 79 F150, 86 F250, 87 F250 Member #5 Boy you ain't Right Club Official Slackmaster #15
Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Junior User

On Holiday is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have a Rhino in my 2003 F150. I had it installed back in 2003. It has faded from black to gray and the truck is mostly parked in the garage. I went with Rhino because the installer is just a few miles down the road where as LineX is about an hour away.

The Rhino has held up well (besides the fading) and have had no issues with it. My next truck will probably have LineX and a cap.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners