Oklahoma Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

This might be an official BS thread - Beethoven's 9th played out on the plaza

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
the bronco project is now on hold cause the owner got in a hurry to get it out of the upholstery shop and crashed it into his building.

The first race I have traveled with the spirit of Tulsa team was fun but supper hot. here is a video of us warming up the car this weekend in ardmore. 60 sec of idling it ate 15 gallons of fuel.

A couple runs in Tulsa while testing the car

Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
JW - The videos didn't come through.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:19 PM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
They all show on my phone and computer, may need to click the links if they don't show in the window

Old 09-01-2013, 10:37 PM
GrossPapi
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That was cool

Old 09-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Yep! That was cool.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
that was wicked awesome JW. Were u driving?

On another topic; all you Owasso-ans, keep yer eyes peeled on yer lawn equipment. Seems there is a rash of lawn equipment thefts the last couple of weeks, here in Owasso. It was on the local news this morning. I always keep my stuff locked up and my eyes on it when in use. So far I haven't seen anyone near my stuff.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:54 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
No I was not driving, I am just helping out on the crew. I don't really care to strap myself to a bunch of dynamite.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:02 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
My fam and I went to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2, yesterday. Went to AMC Southroads 20. FWIW, the second movie was pretty good, just not as good as the first. But the theater seating was amazing. They have been renovating/updating the theater. We all got to sit in big soft power recliners with big soft armchair arms between each seat. It was too comfortable, as I found myself dozing off three times. lol. So if anyone wants to watch a movie in super comfort I recommend AMC Southroads 20 in Tulsa. They also have the new Coca Cola computerized fountain drink machines that allow you to pick from like a million different flavored beverages. I tried Raspberry Sprite for the first time-yum yum.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:05 AM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Wow, there must be a lot of crime happening in Owasso lately. The local paper said that a lot of auto and home burglaries have been happening the last month. Last weekend we had 3 Owasso patrol cars do slow drive throughs in our neighborhood. That is highly unusual, as we may see one patrol car drive thru per month. I guess as this city grows and grows then so will the crime rate. too bad. Ya'll keep yer eyes peeled and be safe.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Not just Owasso. Skiatook has had about 18 in the last few weeks. Friends of ours were with us at the pumpkin patch at church, with their adult daughter home in bed with an illness. Her door had been closed but when she awoke it was open. She discovered a broken window and things had been rummaged through, but apparently they found her and left without taking anything.

The people we bought our house from live in another part of town now and she was home last week and discovered a guy peering in the window with his hands cupped against the glass. Another person from church heard something on her front porch and discovered a lady doing the same thing.

Those people were "lucky" in that nothing was taken. But about 6 blocks from us a lady came home to an empty house - they took everything. We are seriously considering an alarm system.

Old 11-10-2013, 09:47 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Wow, Gary, sounds like those that were home were very very lucky. An alarm system would definitely be sound advice. We don't have one, but I do have 24x7 DVR security monitoring that I installed and can access it from my phone or remote pc. It's good piece of mind.

On another note, sadly a small plane went down this evening just to the west of my house. Looks like at least one dead so far, not much news on it yet. I saw the news chopper hovering afterwards. Sad. Oddly enough I was working in the garage with my wood power tools when I heard it pass real low overhead. It definitely did not sound good, but I was busy with my loud powertools and figured it might have been some odd helicopter passing low overhead. Guess I was wrong. My neighbors across the street texted me asking if I heard and saw it too. I did not see it, just heard it. Prayers out to the lost ones and their families.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:17 AM
MikeB 88
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was able to see the plane right before it went down. I was out back playing soccer with my dog when I heard one of my favorite sounds. Those Garrett engines have a distinct sound. Looked up and saw a Mitsubishi MU-2 low headed north. At first I though it had just took off and headed somewhere north/northwest. About 30 minutes later my texts me saying she got an alert about a plane crash west of Owasso. I didn't connect the two until I saw the story on channel 6. What I saw was probably it's last circle before it went down. It was after the news story, I realized that if it had taken off the west north/south runway, I should never have seen or heard it as it would have been to high.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:22 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
It is sad. I have a good friend that flies a lot and makes me think of him. There sure have been a lot of crashes lately.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 AM
jwtimme
Laughing Gas
Speaking of crashes, we crashed the front engine dragster a couple weeks ago at Tulsa. We lost a couple holes and it pressureized the crank case. This pushed the valve cover gaskets out and covered the driver with oil and he was blind. Car drifted over and hit the wall, car may be trash really don't know yet.

On a non crash not I have all the mock up done on the 67 cougar. I need to pull the motor and install the flexplate and converter, then final assembley.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:17 AM
Gary Lewis
Posting Legend
Sorry to hear that about the dragster. Hopefully he's ok?

The Cougar looks pretty. But, are those Hilborn injectors? And a Vertex mag?

Quick Reply: This might be an official BS thread - Beethoven's 9th played out on the plaza