Modular V10 (6.8l)  

Little Service trip advise

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:34 PM
V10ZILLA
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guy's sorry if this is highjacking the post but its kinda on the same topic. I did not want to start a another post.

I have an 09 I change the oil, filter and rotate the tires according to time, (every 6 months) as I only put on ruffly 4K a year in mileage. So having said that what intervals according to time (not mileage) would be good for changing tran fluid, coolant, diff fluid, transfer case, fuel filter, etc etc...

Or do I stick with the mileage schedule for these. I mean I will go 12 years to reach 50K mileage.

thanks and again sorry to the OP for stepping on this post with my questions.

Old 07-05-2012, 08:31 PM
TrdLtly
TreadLightly
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by V10ZILLA
Hi Guy's sorry if this is highjacking the post but its kinda on the same topic. I did not want to start a another post.

I have an 09 I change the oil, filter and rotate the tires according to time, (every 6 months) as I only put on ruffly 4K a year in mileage. So having said that what intervals according to time (not mileage) would be good for changing tran fluid, coolant, diff fluid, transfer case, fuel filter, etc etc...

Or do I stick with the mileage schedule for these. I mean I will go 12 years to reach 50K mileage.

thanks and again sorry to the OP for stepping on this post with my questions.
Definitely a question for Mark, so here is another bump. I am interested in seeing what he thinks on this also.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 AM
gfl
Tuned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So my tranny fluid flush n fill adventure went like this: made an appointment for early a.m with the local dealer, left the truck the night before, went in to check on it about 1 or so the next day since i hadn't heard from them, only to find they forgot about my truck.. still parked where i left it.

So i took it home and made an appt with another dealer in another town, they had it in the shop for a few hours, i hope everything is done thru the fill tube with the machine flush n fill, because i cant see any sign of wrench marks on anything tranny related, cover drain pan, cooler tubes etc.

So with all this, I decided to do my own plugs, figuring i didn't want an air ratchet on it, and having done hundreds of plugs myself, i felt qualified

The old plugs and boots didn't look bad for 60k, even brown burns on all (which is what i really wanted to know anyway) and the gap was still close to the high end of spec. I went with iridiums for a few reasons, mainly the rebate brought the price down to what standard plugs would have been.

Bought a special 'triton torque socket" off ebay only to find it was 9/16 instead of 5/8.. maybe i can find a 5/8 spark plug socket with a 9/16 head for future use, that or it will sit in the bottom of my tool box forever