Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 AM
FTE Arizona Chapter LDR
1995 Ford F-150

kermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant future
Question CARB IDENTIFICATION HOLLEY SPREADBORE

I was at my buddies shop & sitting on the floor was a Holley. It has been sitting there for sometime now. I remembered something about he bought it for cheap from a guy that had it on a 440 Dodge motor. So I never thought much about it until today. He & I were talking carbs & the topic of spreadbores came up. He that Holley sitting there is a spreadbore. I said it is, I looked at it & realized it was off a Ford 429 I think.
Anyway the LIST # on the airhorn is 7855 3226. Can someone ID this & tell me what year or years this carb was used? The CFM. He thought it was around an 800-850 CFM. I'm sure it is the Holley/Ford off a 429.
Does anyone know what it is worth complete in running condition?
My Holley book are @ home & I'm on vacation for a few months so any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Craig
Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 AM
Elder User
Garage is empty, add now

wdfp is starting off with a positive reputation.
That number was used for 4175 model carbs on 75/76 chryslers with a 440 auto or manual trans, 3 different carbs with that # one was an economaster. All 3 were probably 650 cfm carbs.. thats all I had on it..
Old 07-03-2012, 02:23 PM
FTE Arizona Chapter LDR
1995 Ford F-150

kermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant futurekermmydog has a brilliant future
Thanks for your info. Wow, I learned something I never knew Chrysler used a spreadbore Holley. I mostly saw AFB's in the day. Some Holley's interesting.
Thanks again for the input. I'll past it on to my buddy.
Craig
Old 07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
Garage is empty, add now

LxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant futureLxMan1 has a brilliant future
They usually used a spreadbore Thermoquad. That is an aftermarket replacement for the Thermoquad. Like mentioned, 650cfm.

The only Ford that I know of that used a Q-Jet was on the 70-71 Torino 429SCJ. The CJ used a Holley.

88 5.0 LX Mustang
63 F100 351W/C6

Old 07-13-2012, 01:14 AM
Posting Guru
Garage is empty, add now

wyoming4x4 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
yeah the holley spread bore.

i have one and its about 800cfm. big spreadbore and tried to run but btm end torque sucked bad. ended up staying with a 750 quickfuel squarebore.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 PM
FTE Arizona Chapter LDR
1995 Ford F-150

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxMan1 View Post
They usually used a spreadbore Thermoquad. That is an aftermarket replacement for the Thermoquad. Like mentioned, 650cfm.

The only Ford that I know of that used a Q-Jet was on the 70-71 Torino 429SCJ. The CJ used a Holley.
I knew it was a 429 Ford that used the Speadbore I wasn't sure of years. I know Chrysler used the ThermoQuad They also used the Q-Jet in the 80s.
Wyoming 4x4: that is interesting because my buddy was told this one was an 800 CFM. He know this came off a 440 Dodge, Because he got it from a well known Mopar race family in Las Vegas.
Craig
Old 07-14-2012, 04:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Fuel Injection, Carburetion & Fuel System