Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

Car show season

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 06:28 PM
jgavac
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
Car show season

The season of car shows is upon us, and I plan on making my way out to a few. Maybe a few of the people nearby could come and we can meet up at a show.

The first one that I'll be at, is Cool Bayview Nights on July 7th in Bayview on Whidbey Island. It's the Saturday after the fourth of July, and is occurring at the same time as the Choochokum Arts Festival (Something for the wife to do), which is in Langely about 5 minutes away from the show. Entry fee is $15 before June 15, $20 after the June 15 but before July 1, and day of the show is $20, if space is available. They only take 100 entries. I will either be there with my '79 in the Pipes category, or I'll be there with a friends restored 68 fastback Mustang in the best 60's category (beautiful car, built 302 425 hp/tq, auto, posi trac rear end).

So far that is the only show that I know for sure I will be at. Any others are still up in the air.

Just throwing some ideas out there
Jameson

Old 05-25-2012, 11:24 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I posted this in BS thread but i'll do it here too. There is a small show going on in my little ol' town of Algona. We have a sort of "festival" once a year called Algona Days, and they host a car show. I don't know if there is a cap on how many vehicles can go but i imagine there isn't too much room, however there is a lot more to do than just that. There is a park next door to where the event is held and it will normally have vendors crawling all over to sell stuff.

This will be happening about July 21st and the entry fee is $10 or you can bring in some non-perishable food items and pay only $5. I already turned in my reg. so i am among the 50 first to get the door prize. Normally they host lawn mower races where you can bring in your totally stock riding mower or a modified mower. The rules usually go by, taking the deck and blades off for obvious reasons.

These events are kid friendly and a lot of great people go there. This is what the registration form looks like. You can try to print this one, it is a bit fuzzy due to being taken with a cell phone camera but it will work nonetheless.

I doubt many friends form here will go but i hope to see some of you. You should be able to see my bronco pretty quick due to the color and the fact that i am probably the only one with a 78-9 style bronco in town. Also the categories are definitely slimmed down from last year so there isn't much to go for but i figured this is more for fun and showing off your ride than winning.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
hydrosmith
Senior User
The GoodGuys show is coming up in Puyallup the last weekend of this month.

Old 07-09-2012, 05:02 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by hydrosmith
The GoodGuys show is coming up in Puyallup the last weekend of this month.
I plan to go to that one, not to show the truck but to visit with my grandfather. He is driving his 49 GMC pickup from around Vacaville Cali to puyallup. Me and my brother don't see him much so we are planning to spend the day there and maybe the next day too.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 AM
rogue40
Posting Guru
This weekend up in Concrete is the "Cement City Celebration" with a car show in town and a bike show at Angels in Flight.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:27 PM
NorthwestX360
More Turbo
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
XXX Root Beer Drive-in in Issaquah (Front Street exit off I-90) will have their annual "All Ford Show" on Sept. 9th. I took my truck to it a few years ago. I was rather disappointed, because my truck was one of only three there, and there was one early Bronco. The place was full of Mustangs and Fairlanes. I would like to see a larger presence of trucks at that show. How 'bout it? Anyone game? Let's show them what Ford trucks are all about!
Here's the link to XXX's website: Triple XXX Rootbeer Drive-in

Old 07-31-2012, 05:14 AM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by NorthwestX360
XXX Root Beer Drive-in in Issaquah (Front Street exit off I-90) will have their annual "All Ford Show" on Sept. 9th. I took my truck to it a few years ago. I was rather disappointed, because my truck was one of only three there, and there was one early Bronco. The place was full of Mustangs and Fairlanes. I would like to see a larger presence of trucks at that show. How 'bout it? Anyone game? Let's show them what Ford trucks are all about!
Here's the link to XXX's website: Triple XXX Rootbeer Drive-in
I remember that show, my mom had her Orange Mach 1 mustang in it. Unfortunately i don't think i will be going, it is quite a drive and i am not a big fan of the restaurant. When i ate there the root beer was great but i tied their "massive" Triple X burger and it was pretty gross, the buns were soggy and there was 4 small patties.

Anywho, i didn't expect to be entering my 78 bronco in any shows period but i guys i have to since our family has been doing shows for a long time. There is actually one coming up in a few weeks at the Sears in Puyallup by the mall. Once i find the paper i can get the details, i know it is after the 6th and it is probably that next weekend, it is $15 if you enter via mail before the date but it is like $20 at the show. Normally a pretty big turn out too.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
As promised i took a picture of the car show paper, the quality isn't the best but i might be ok to read. If need be i can scan it and do it that way, it just takes a lot more effort to dig out the scanner and hook it up.

It is August 12th and it says the pre registration needs to be received by August 7th.

The pre registration cost is $15 or $20 on the day of the show.

EDIT: so th picture didn't come out very good so i have a link to the PDF file you can print off to send in. I hope to see some people there.
http://www.piercecountymustangclub.c...20page%202.pdf

Old 08-01-2012, 12:11 PM
NorthwestX360
More Turbo
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Thanks for posting about that Puyallup show on August 12th. I was not aware of that one. I might go check it out as a spectator if I'm not working that day. I agree with you about XXX's food. Their burgers are very greasy, and you can't get more than half way through eating one before the bun falls apart in a soggy mess.

Old 08-01-2012, 11:22 PM
GruesomeJeans
Post Fiend
Yeah it sucks cause it seemed so promising. Oh well.