Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Crossovers Edge, Taurus X, Freestyle, MKX, Flex etc.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2012, 03:49 PM
New User

ford #7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Strut Question

Hey Folks
I just had an inspection done while getting new tires put on at the tire shop and among the basic things such as spark plugs and brakes which I knew were coming due for replacement the shop said that the front struts and bearing plates need to be replaced. They quoted me an arm and a leg for some monroe sensatracs. I have replaced struts before on my SHO so the job doesnt quite concern me in ability to complete it but i am curious to know for a car that is five years old with 81k miles on it how these could be bad already? What could they possibly have seen or noticed that would lead them to come up with this? I dont want to just replace parts just because they suggest it and are trying to milk me for more money not that they would get the work anyways. I have not been able to look underneath the car at the moment due to being out of town but when i get back what are somethings I should be looking for? I am quite curious to understand this.
It is a 2005 Freestyle SEL front wheel drive. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:40 AM
New User

ford #7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
does anyone have any insight to shed on this? Thanks.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:40 PM
Post Fiend

steve(ill) has a good reputation on FTE.steve(ill) has a good reputation on FTE.steve(ill) has a good reputation on FTE.
I vote for "they are trying to screw you". They can not know by "looking" unless there is oil leaking out of the cylinder. If it drives o.k., no bounce, i would not worry. You will know when its time... They are going strictly by age of the vehicle and have no idea how it drives.
2001 SuperCrew 4 x 4 5.4 XLT -235K miles -GONE
Old 07-11-2012, 12:12 AM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
x2 on no leak, no bounce, no problem.
Old 07-11-2012, 12:12 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Small Chassis Trucks > Crossovers