Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

July BS thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Happy Friday the 13th Nevada FTE!!! Stay cool if you can.

Joe, sounds like a wonderful trip is planned. Hope you and your family enjoy it, and return safe and sound.

Jim

Old 07-14-2012, 04:48 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by oldmongo
Happy TGIF, FTE, even if it is the 13TH !! Our 13TH is starting out just fine, 78* and partly/mostly cloudy and humidity around 50%. I guess Mom nature didn't want us to melt ... yet, but we are under a flash flood watch until Sat. @12:00am !!! Here in Pahrump that translates into ... MAYBE a 10% chance of real rain and 100% chance of clouds and high humidity (+40%) and screwed up wash jobs LOL
It's flash flood time, be safe, stay dry and stay high (altitude wise, silly ) and have a great day ... Dave
Hey, that sounds a lot like here in Wendover Good morning everyone.

I have a scam alert/reminder for anyone selling anything. I posted my PSP for sale with games and videos in the Salt Lake City classifieds. About three hours after posting I got a text message from someone who wanted it for her boyfriend who is on a mission in Nigeria. She agreed to pay the price plus shipping to my PayPal account. Two hours after she said she sent the money I got an email from PayPal stating that the funds had arrived and were on hold until I entered the tracking number for the package.

In another window I logged into my PayPal account and had nothing showing funds on hold or otherwise. I forwarded the email to PayPal and they contacted me yesterday stating that the email was indeed a phishing scam. I also received a few other text messages from the 646 area code Which is Manhattan.

The email address they sent from was service@intl.paypal.com. The phone numbers used were 646-543-1014, 646-820-1259, and 646-397-3465. If you get a text from these numbers or an email from that address, BEWARE, They are likely trying to scam you. They tried to scam me.

OK, my rant and warning are over. Have a safe and fun weekend everyone. Goodnight.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:33 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Jeff - I'm sorry to hear about your PayPal Scam! That sucks that someone would do that. I hope PayPal can find out who it is & press charges. I'm glad you didn't fall for it...good job!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:01 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Morning all,

Happy Saturday! It sounds like it could be a Saturated Saturday with all of the humidity & possible thunder storms that are expected. That's a good thing. We need some rain to help with Wildland season. Everything is so dry & with all the Wildland fires around the country...I don't want Nevada to be next!

On a different note, I'm hoping to do a trade today if the guy calls me. I offered to trade him our 94 Dogde Neon Highline for his 85 Bayliner Capri. He wants to come look at the car & possibly trade.
Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Old 07-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Happy Saturday Nevada FTE!

Anything with Nigeria in it is a scam. When trying to find a roommate for the house I was renting, I would constantly get emails from people "claiming" to be 24-26 year old females from Nigeria, or Spain, or France, who are moving to Fresno to finish up their college (yea right) and that they will pay first, last and a security deposit with a cashiers check (another sign it is a scam,). it got so bad that unless the person gave me a phone number with the local area code in it I just deleted the emails.

Jim

Old 07-14-2012, 05:39 PM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Good luck with your trade Donna.

I have a folder in my yahoo account for the funny phishing emails. As well as the ones that get forwarded the the FBI or PayPal because the sender is claiming to be them.

As for the wildfires, we already had one north of Ely about a month ago. And last Wednesday one started just over the mountain east of Montello. My cousin and I watched it as it came over the top of the mountain and started down our side of the mountain. The weather cooperated for a change and the fire stopped half a mile from the Nevada border. My cousin lives about 3-4 miles from the base of the mountain and when it got halfway down we started evac preparations. Fortunately the cool night air and the wind stopping made the evac plan unnecessary.

Old 07-14-2012, 11:20 PM
R1_Demon
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow...it is pouring like hell down here in the NW near Mt. Charleston! We had major rains last night around 2 am and now it's pouring big time around 9:15 pm on Sat night. Nice to see it finally rain and maybe get rid of all of this humidity!

Sorry I haven't been around much. Been busy at work (which is nice!) and I've also been working on building my website for my new paranormal group that I'm involved with. So, been kinda busy. It's nice to finally have stuff going well again!

But wanted to say hi to everyone and hope everyone has been doing well!

Old 07-15-2012, 12:09 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Mat, I'm glad you have things going your way! And so nice you got the job that you wanted!

Hope everyone had a great Saturday and may Sunday be even better.

I got my current carpenty project fininshed, not counting paint. Then out to dinner with friends for my birthday today. It was great.

Cheers

Old 07-15-2012, 04:03 AM
oldmongo
Elder User
Question Mat ... is that you ???

Glad to see you came up for air finally !!! Most of all I'm glad to hear that the new job is working out so well ... busy is good and being happy and busy is even better. We got a ton of rain from that 2AM storm and as I speak ... we have lightning all around us but no rain ... YET !!! I've been busy working on riding lawn mowers and rebuilding a Big swamp cooler for the house... Gonna be in town next week rounding up the last of the parts for the cooler. When the humidity leaves ... I'll fire it up. I went to a garage BBQ party (in case of rain) and some dancin and drinkin too (I am the DD) but I just got home and gonna hit the sheets ... Take care Be safe Dave
PS. How is you back doing ... much better I hope !!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 05:58 AM
jarod17
Posting Guru
Good morning everyone. All in all not a bad night. We had some good rain (for here anyway) yesterday and supposed to get some more today. We also had a good crowd tonight. It even stayed busy enough that I got an hour of OT. SHHH, don't tell the boss I used the bad word

I think I am going to scrap my Mustang project. This is turning into more of a hassle than it is worth. My cousin and I did a run down of what I still need to do to it and came to the conclusion that it will still need about $3,000+ including replacing the transmission. If I put it in. And for that price I can get an '05 that has a clean title. Mine has a rebuilt/homemade title

So, I will probably strip it down and use what I can for my truck, sell what I don't need and send it to the scrap yard if I can't find someone who wants to make a racer out of it.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:11 AM
67 Olfthfl
Nevada Chapter LDR

Hey there everyone!

Hope you have a blessed Sunday!

I got to sleep in this morning...YEAH!!! Now, I have to rush to finish online & get ready to go get some hay. That's what I get for sleeping in I guess. LOL!
Have a great one guys & gals.

Old 07-15-2012, 12:16 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning Nevada FTE! I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Bruce Happy Birthday!

Mat glad things are looking up for you! Can you send some of that rain over here? We could use it to keep the temps down.

Jim

Old 07-15-2012, 01:49 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thanks Jim!

Have a great day!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:01 PM
oldmongo
Elder User
Originally Posted by Nighteyez
Good morning Nevada FTE! I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Bruce Happy Birthday!

Mat glad things are looking up for you! Can you send some of that rain over here? We could use it to keep the temps down.

Jim
Bruce.... Birthday ... mmmm Have a great one !!!!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:23 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
Good afternoon to all...how's your weekend going??

Quick Reply: July BS thread