Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > Ontario Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ontario Chapter Join Chapter>, Leader: loudfords

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2012, 11:02 AM
Senior User

LightningRyan is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cayuga June 22

Awesome night! Best I did was a 14.11, no complaints for my third time at the track. I'll post slips when I get a minute at work.

They had the Nitro Nationals on the weekend so they did the Qualifying on Friday so that was amazing watching the Top Fuel and Funny cars go down in like 6 seconds. I think the fastest we saw was a 6.18. Just amazing

My first run slip is blurry as **** I'll have to go home and get a better one tonight.

This is my second race against a BMW M3, nice car, I'm on the left, my fastest run of the night.

Click the image to open in full size.

This was my third and final race of the night. Was against a newer Dodge 2500 Crew Longhorn, he was chirping me all night, I am the right side.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Posting Guru

Red Ford Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Talking Looks like you had some fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningRyan View Post
Awesome night! Best I did was a 14.11, no complaints for my third time at the track. I'll post slips when I get a minute at work.

They had the Nitro Nationals on the weekend so they did the Qualifying on Friday so that was amazing watching the Top Fuel and Funny cars go down in like 6 seconds. I think the fastest we saw was a 6.18. Just amazing

My first run slip is blurry as **** I'll have to go home and get a better one tonight.

This is my second race against a BMW M3, nice car, I'm on the left, my fastest run of the night.

This was my third and final race of the night. Was against a newer Dodge 2500 Crew Longhorn, he was chirping me all night, I am the right side.

Did the dude with the dodge stop chirping when you beat him
I was planning on trying the Bronco out at one of these drag strips but they may need a minute timer stop watch to check my time
Hey maybe I could do it towing the BeachComber trailer behind it then at least I'd have an excuse LOL
Old 06-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Senior User

Lol You should come out in the fall. There are guys that go with stock civics and stuff and run like 30 seconds, I'm sure you could beat them.

The guy in the dodge surprisingly didn't say much after he just got back in line and wouldn't turn his head lol
Old 06-27-2012, 08:49 PM
Posting Guru

Red Ford Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just might take you up on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningRyan View Post
Lol You should come out in the fall. There are guys that go with stock civics and stuff and run like 30 seconds, I'm sure you could beat them.

The guy in the dodge surprisingly didn't say much after he just got back in line and wouldn't turn his head lol
Not sure how fast the Bronco would do it but 30 seconds sounds like a long time LOL.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:55 AM
Senior User

LOL well 30 seconds to get a 1/4 mile away is a very long time when nitro cars can do it in 6 lol. Even Snowmobiles were doing it in 8
Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Posting Guru

fp_5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ford Truck View Post
Hey maybe I could do it towing the BeachComber trailer behind it then at least I'd have an excuse LOL
They have "caravan" racing in the UK and Australia. Google it, it looks very entertaining, just kinda makes you wonder how they got the idea??

Well done Ryan! problem is now that you've set your bench mark, y'know your gonna wanna go faster!! Which can only mean $$$$, have fun and don't break anything.

Frank
'77 F250 Super Cab
" I thought I was wrong once but,...I was mistaken"
Old 07-12-2012, 12:03 PM